PDA

View Full Version : How can I re-watch the ending? (spoiler)

fightnbluehen
01-29-2012, 05:09 PM
So I finished the single player campaign and want to go back and rewatch the ending - the part with Those Who Came Before. In the DNA menu, I replayed the last memory, but that was just Ezio finding the apple and talking to Desmond. But then it goes back to the DNA menu - I guess because Ezio never heard the message Desmond did.

Is there a way to re-watch the message from TWCB and the rest of the ending-ending (not just the Ezio-ending)?

Assassin_M
01-29-2012, 05:12 PM
You cant..
Youtube or restart..

fightnbluehen
01-29-2012, 05:16 PM
You cant..
Youtube or restart..

You've gotta be kidding me! So - we can replay everything except the most important part of the game? Whose idea was that?!?! Did somebody at Ubisoft try to figure out the absolute dumbest way to develop the game?!?! I'm too amazed at the stupidity to be as angry as I should be.

Assassin_M
01-29-2012, 05:45 PM
You've gotta be kidding me! So - we can replay everything except the most important part of the game? Whose idea was that?!?! Did somebody at Ubisoft try to figure out the absolute dumbest way to develop the game?!?! I'm too amazed at the stupidity to be as angry as I should be.
Im amazed at the degree of anger you seem to be showing at a trivial matter..

fightnbluehen
01-29-2012, 06:58 PM
Im amazed at the degree of anger you seem to be showing at a trivial matter..

How is it trivial to want to re-watch an ending that is deliberately written to be mysterious and which is the purpose of the entire game (to set up AC3)?

Anyway, I am more surprised that they didn't anticipate that and build in any way to replay it without starting the game over. It's just shockingly obvious.

But thanks for pointing me to Youtube - fortunately Ubisoft hasn't forced people to pull down the ending like tv shows do.

CkSwtos
01-29-2012, 07:08 PM
There are many videos on youtube containg the ending, walkthroughs. I was pretty pissed as well, because of their not letting us rewatch the last scenes.

GunnarGunderson
01-29-2012, 08:56 PM

"The most important part of the game" Wasn't a memory in Desmond's DNA

SixKeys
01-29-2012, 10:39 PM
"The most important part of the game" Wasn't a memory in Desmond's DNA

Exactly. We weren't able to replay the end of Brotherhood either.

LightRey
01-30-2012, 03:12 PM
How is it trivial to want to re-watch an ending that is deliberately written to be mysterious and which is the purpose of the entire game (to set up AC3)?

Anyway, I am more surprised that they didn't anticipate that and build in any way to replay it without starting the game over. It's just shockingly obvious.

But thanks for pointing me to Youtube - fortunately Ubisoft hasn't forced people to pull down the ending like tv shows do.

There was nothing to "anticipate". The replay function is to replay genetic memories. The ending wasn't a genetic memory, so naturally it cannot be replayed in that way (though technically I suppose Desmond could access his own genetic memory, but that brings up the question of why in the world he would do that).

As said by the others the same goes for all the previous games. Everything that didn't happen to the ancestor could not be replayed without starting a new game. It makes perfect sense and few players actually seem to be bothered as much with this as you are.

twenty_glyphs
01-30-2012, 04:58 PM
I understand the reason they made the ancestor portions replayable but not the Desmond segments, but it is annoying. It's not a huge deal, but I wish there was some way we could rewatch those moments without having to get on YouTube, where the video quality is usually not as good and you have to dig to find a decent video sometimes. At least Brotherhood and Revelations aren't as bad as AC2, where you couldn't even replay the Ezio segments.