PDA

View Full Version : The Ones who came before = Jinn's

rafiqul84
01-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Now we all know that Assasins creed is made up by a multicultral team of various religious faiths, well, looks like i've found a faith that shows a plausable link to the "ones who came before" - Islam and Jinn. Heres how the story goes - its long but pretty interesting.

When Allah first created civilisation on Earth - it was not in the form of man (made from Earth, mud, and clay). It was intead in the "Jinn" a race of people whom still exist today but only in the 4th Dimension (we as Humans live in the 3rd dimension). The Jinn were a race of people who dis-obeyed Allah - always created conflict among each other, disrespected the laws of humanity and ultimatly gained Allah's wrath. Except for 1 Jinn - who obeyed him, loved him, and worshipped him - His name was "Iblis" or otherwise known as "Satan". (More on that later)

The Jinn was and are made out of Fire - they had physical attributes humans do not have (because they are 4 dimensional). They can fly, have a varied control over time, and easily transverse into the 3rd dimension of Human beings (where do you think the idea of "ghosts" and "demons" came from) Some Jinn can also shape shift and many of them turn into reptiles or cats (sometimes even dogs) if they enter the 3rd dimension with us. Now then, Jinns occupy the same "Space" as Humans but NOT the same "realm" - i.e Jinns are all around us, we just can't see them but they can see us. Jinn's are in many ways alike to human beings - not all of them are bad. Jinn have familys, governments, beliefs, ideologys - they are basically a civilisation just like us but go about their daily life very differently.

Iblis was a Jinn - before Allah destroyed many of the Jinn because Iblis was so good he came up to Allah and accompanied him with his Angels. (Note the Angels are made out of light - Jinn from fire). Now heres the bit related to Assasins creed; When Allah created Adam he ordered all of his Angels AND Iblis to bow down to him, Iblis refused as he felt because Adam was made out of clay and he from fire, he did not bow down and Allah expelled him from Heaven for the rest of eternity. Iblis became Satan or in Arabic "Shaya'teen" (from which the word Satan originated) when he turned into a snake and tempted Eve to eat the forbidden fruit - that is when Adam and Eve as you all know were banished from Heaven to the Earth. (In Islam they were eventually fogiven by Allah, hence the stories moral)

Ubisoft in Assasins creed twisted alot of this information for entertainment purposes and Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden where treated like slaves by the ~"Ones who came beofre"; if you could tell by the religious fact i told you above from the Ubisoft "version" of this you can understand how much this info was used and abused.

LightRey
01-28-2012, 10:20 PM
We don't live in the third dimension. We live in 3-dimensional space.

rafiqul84
01-28-2012, 10:23 PM
On an additional note - The Abrahamic faiths (Christianity, Islam, Judaism) are mixed with Paganism (Romans and Greeks with Jupiter, Apollo, Minerva) thats why people get horribly confused with the spiritual aspect of the story of Assasins creed.

rafiqul84
01-28-2012, 10:24 PM
We don't live in the third dimension. We live in 3-dimensional space.

Can you explain to me the difference? (not trying to be rude- i geneuinly wanna know the difference)

LightRey
01-28-2012, 10:43 PM
Can you explain to me the difference? (not trying to be rude- i geneuinly wanna know the difference)

Three-dimensional space is space in which a maximum of 3 lines can be placed perpendicular to each other. This is the case in our space (think of an xyz-grid). 2-d space is "flat" and can have a maximum of 2 perpendicular lines and 1-d space is really just one line.

In truth there is no such thing as "the" third dimension. A dimension is really just one of those lines and those lines are indistinguishable and you can choose where you put them in space to describe said space. For example you could say the earth's axis is the z axis, the line perpendicular to that and the middle of the 0-meridian is the y-axis and the line perpendicular to those 2 is the x-axis, but you could also choose the sun's axis to be the z-axis and chose 2 other lines perpendicular to that one and each other to form another xyz-grid. Both describe the same 3-d space.

The confusion on this matter originated from the many worlds theory which proposed the possibility of 3-d spaces being "stacked" in 4-d space, basically like you can stack 2-d spaces in 3-d space (similar to stacking pieces of paper, but they they have no thickness and they're infinitely long and wide). These 3-d spaces were sometimes referred to as "alternate dimensions", which is a poorly chosen term.

naran6142
01-28-2012, 10:44 PM

its not like 1d, 2d and 3d are different places

everything around us exists in 3 dimensions x,y and z axis. time is considered the 4th dimension of the space we live in :)

EDIT: Rey has a better example :p

YuurHeen
01-28-2012, 11:01 PM
there are millions of different religions and other fictional stories. it is not a coincidence that what some storyteller thinks off might be similiar to one of those stories that have been around longer.

the story of other beings that came before us and created us has been done in many other games aswell.
it is the combination of different elements that makes the game great.

rileypoole1234
01-28-2012, 11:32 PM
I have read about this before, and it made me think for a bit, but I think there are probably many stories like this that were an inspiration to Ubisoft. The 'third dimension' thing doesn't make much sense though.

Assassin_M
01-29-2012, 10:46 AM
The "Those who came before" Civilization burrows many elements from various stories and fictions, it is even made obvious in the games that their Legend was misinterpreted through history as they became extinct..