PDA

View Full Version : single player dlc, we want it!!!!!

stefman6987
01-28-2012, 09:00 PM
I'm sure everybody who loves assassin's creed is asking similar questions, why was subject 16 made up to be such a big deal in the other games but in revelations.. had little importance.. why did lucy die.. why the hell are those 2 pillars rebuilt on animus island when you finished the game? what did certain "information" tell us bout the future of assassins creed... well in all honestly i sat hear passed assassins creed revelations as soon as i got it the day it came out and i thought man i'm so confused just like every other ac game, and after watching these 2 dlc packs come out, i wandered when single player was getting an update, from what i have seen and i assume most people have aswell, we can assume that subject 16 and lucy's life will be explained.. my only question is will this actually be downloadble content or will this be apart of assassin's creed 3?

also adding.... assassin's creed 3 will be brought out this year in november most likely, 1 year to make this game, i would prefer this game to be really decent like ac2. i liked acb and acr but ac2 was lengthy and was just awesome.. i hope ubisoft are planning this out, just curious to know what peoples thoughts on this are..

rafiqul84
01-28-2012, 09:52 PM
I would like single player DLC - but because Ezio's part is over they should make the DLC about the templars. It would be nice to have a further insight into people like Vlad The Impaler, The Deacon, Sentinel, the story of the Gaurdian would be fun aswell. It would also be a nice change as well be introduced the the "Templar way" of fighting with their types of weapons, their inventions, and links in constantinople.

JumpInTheFire13
01-28-2012, 10:16 PM
I want a singleplayer DLC but if there is one I think Ubi will just be contradicting itself, since Desmond had to reach a "synch nexus" to get out of his coma, so according to that we've seen everything Ezio has to show us

LightRey
01-28-2012, 10:18 PM
There is SP DLC on its way unrelated to Ezio.

CkSwtos
01-28-2012, 11:24 PM
also adding.... assassin's creed 3 will be brought out this year in november most likely, 1 year to make this game, i would prefer this game to be really decent like ac2. i liked acb and acr but ac2 was lengthy and was just awesome.. i hope ubisoft are planning this out, just curious to know what peoples thoughts on this are..

You make a grave mistake here, which was perfectly explained by Ubisoft stuff. They are always working on games, there are 2,000 people working in Montreal, and there are departments all over the world. AC3's creation has began at the same time as Brotherhood probably, they are always thinking of new ideas and a lot of people are testing and making these ideas come true.

rileypoole1234
01-28-2012, 11:34 PM
Rey is right, it'll be those two other Desmond sequences that are locked.

JumpInTheFire13
01-29-2012, 02:02 AM
Well if that's the case I'm not even looking forward to it. And Desmond is out of his coma so how can we go back to Animus Island?

LightRey
01-29-2012, 02:37 AM
Well if that's the case I'm not even looking forward to it. And Desmond is out of his coma so how can we go back to Animus Island?

I assume they'll show something like a cutscene to explain it.

notafanboy
01-29-2012, 03:12 AM
i think it would be awesome to have a DLC where you actually get to see how Ezio got to masyaf

MarleyMon81
01-29-2012, 04:26 AM
So then it has been confirmed we will be having Desmond DLC down the road? I know about the two portals on Animus Island and figured it would happen at some point.

Kit572
01-29-2012, 06:47 AM
If i have to solve any more of those bloody desmond puzzles, then i will be pissed.

Kit572
01-29-2012, 06:48 AM
Oops, double post. Sorry

stefman6987
01-29-2012, 08:44 AM
i recon it will be the two pillars that open up, maybe subject 16 left something behind, like the glyphs that he wanted to show desmond.. so it will just be extra content that you can chose to do but explains the story line, so assuming this is so... at the start of ac3 desmond will know how to explain to all the guys why lucy was killed and he will know more bout 16's life and what a bunch of bad blokes abstergo ahaha i dunno just throwing out some ideas i suppose

Assassin_M
01-29-2012, 10:41 AM
Im ok with it if its Desmond DLC
Because I dont want an Ezio DLC that may get in the way of the development of AC III..
Besides, with The way ACR ended I dont think there is anything more they can show..... even if they wanted to
According to the Novel Ezio had no more action after his retirement.... (obviously)

stefman6987
01-29-2012, 11:44 AM
yeah ezio's story is finished, i recon it will be sequences showing subject 16's life and how he went crazy, and if you played mp in one of the files they talk bout moles in abstergo and there being one with the assassin's.. hint that obviously lucy, so most likely it will just answer the question about lucy and 16 and probs desmonds dad seeing as he is the head of assassins

notafanboy
01-29-2012, 02:16 PM
Because I dont want an Ezio DLC that may get in the way of the development of AC III..
Besides, with The way ACR ended I dont think there is anything more they can show..... even if they wanted to
According to the Novel Ezio had no more action after his retirement.... (obviously)

unless it takes place before he got to Masyaf

GLHS
01-29-2012, 02:16 PM
It's not Desmond, per say. It's about Clay and Lucy.

TorQue1988
01-29-2012, 02:20 PM
If the DLC will be just about the 2 closed gates then it will be quite pointless, unless they make some radical improvements to the gameplay. I hope it will feature Ezio as well, maybe in some repressed memories.

LightRey
01-29-2012, 02:23 PM
It's not Desmond, per say. It's about Clay and Lucy.

True. I think it's basically some remnant memory data of S16.

dxsxhxcx
01-29-2012, 02:39 PM

there's also two more seals that were found by the assassins we sent on mission to Alexandria, so there's a chance that we may see two more memories of Altair...

Ghost_LeaderBG
01-29-2012, 02:46 PM
What happened to the thread and the video with the leaked conversations? Did Ubi delete them?

Assassin_M
01-29-2012, 02:51 PM
there's also two more seals that were found by the assassins we sent on mission to Alexandria, so there's a chance that we may see two more memories of Altair...
Soooo you deduced that the 2 Memory seals found in Alexandria had Altair`s memories ? all by yourself ? nice...
Altair only had 6, he gave 5 to the Polos and kept 1 with him and that is that..

@notafanboy
unless it takes place before he got to Masyaf
That would be pointless, really dont you think ???

Kit572
01-29-2012, 03:38 PM

No more action? What about the fighting in Embers?

Assassin_M
01-29-2012, 03:46 PM
No more action? What about the fighting in Embers?
Apart from Embers..:rolleyes: Gosh !!

dxsxhxcx
01-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Soooo you deduced that the 2 Memory seals found in Alexandria had Altair`s memories ? all by yourself ? nice...
Altair only had 6, he gave 5 to the Polos and kept 1 with him and that is that..

I don't remember they saying how many seals Altair found, and there's no necessity to be rude, next time don't waste your time answering or coming to this forum with your ignorance if you can't give a simple answer without being ironic and offending other people...

Assassin_M
01-29-2012, 04:07 PM
I don't remember they saying how many seals Altair found, and there's no necessity to be rude, next time don't waste your time answering or coming to this forum with your ignorance if you can't give a simple answer without being ironic and offending other people...
Hmmmm so you`re calling me Ignorant, and Im the one offending ?? That is quite strange -.-
May you be eloquent enough and point out the part where I "Offended" you, dear sir ?

Kit572
01-29-2012, 04:20 PM
Apart from Embers..:rolleyes: Gosh !!

Oh.

dxsxhxcx
01-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Hmmmm so you`re calling me Ignorant, and Im the one offending ?? That is quite strange -.-
May you be eloquent enough and point out the part where I "Offended" you, dear sir ?

Apologies for that, the ironic tone in your words made what you wrote sound offensive, that's why I felt offended by what you said...

Assassin_M
01-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Apologies for that, the ironic tone in your words made what you wrote sound offensive, that's why I felt offended by what you said...
I was just joking around for god`s sake, man :D

Kit572
01-29-2012, 06:06 PM
I was just joking around for god`s sake, man :DIts hard to find sarcasm in written text.

crash3
01-29-2012, 08:50 PM
AC2 released 2 restored sequences, ACB was dead short and only released Da Vinci Disappearance which was good but didnt make up for the lack of length. ACR better deliver some extra single player content

notafanboy
01-29-2012, 09:05 PM

@notafanboy
[/COLOR]That would be pointless, really dont you think ???

nope, it would be awesome to explore Acre or Cyprus or as Ezio and according to AC wiki Ezio did alot of stuff there. i copied and pasted this from ac wiki

"Ezio set out from Rome on horseback, accompanied by Bartolomeo d'Alviano and fifteen of the general's mercenaries. After fifteen days, they arrived at Bari, on the eastern coast of Italy. At Bari, Ezio chartered a ship, a freighter called the Anaan, and set sail for Corfu, located between Bari and Athens. Along the way, the freighter was attacked by pirates, as it was carrying a valuable cargo of spices. Ezio joined the crew in fighting off the pirates, and assisted in capturing the pirates' captain, a man Ezio would later come to know as Al-Scarab (http://forums.ubi.com/wiki/Al-Scarab). The Anaan arrived safely in Corfu, and Ezio promptly made arrangements to sail to Athens, and from there to Crete, and then Cyprus. Not long after departing from Crete, Ezio's ship ran into a storm, and was forced to dock at Chios for minor repairs.[13] (http://forums.ubi.com/#cite_note-Revelations_.28novel.29-12)
Finally, Ezio arrived at Cyprus, where he spent some time exploring the island, including the Templar's archive. However, as he experienced more delays, it became apparent that the Venetian authorities stationed in Cyprus were delaying his journey. Finally, Ezio took matters into his own hands and attempted to "acquire" a small ship of his own, so he could continue on to Masyaf. No sooner had he found a seaworthy vessel was he attacked by a mysterious man, whom Ezio thought he recognized. The commotion caused by their fighting attracted several members of the island's Night Watchmen, and Ezio, along with his mysterious assailant-turned-ally, fought off the guards. As the last man fell, Ezio was stabbed in the side and fell unconscious. When he awoke, Ezio found himself on a ship headed for Acre, manned by none other than the pirate captain he had defeated some months earlier.[13] (http://forums.ubi.com/#cite_note-Revelations_.28novel.29-12)"

sound like a good DLC to me

stefman6987
01-30-2012, 05:12 PM
their was a leaked audio rip, it was about subject 16's life, how he joined the assassin's and went crazy, and it also had vidic talking to lucy bout taking desmond somewhere else.. it's obviously about them two, ezio's story is finished they need to focus on modern times,

JumpInTheFire13
01-30-2012, 09:32 PM

Ezio had two kids after his retirement. He definitely got more action

Assassin_M
01-30-2012, 10:04 PM
nope, it would be awesome to explore Acre or Cyprus or as Ezio and according to AC wiki Ezio did alot of stuff there. i copied and pasted this from ac wiki

"Ezio set out from Rome on horseback, accompanied by Bartolomeo d'Alviano and fifteen of the general's mercenaries. After fifteen days, they arrived at Bari, on the eastern coast of Italy. At Bari, Ezio chartered a ship, a freighter called the Anaan, and set sail for Corfu, located between Bari and Athens. Along the way, the freighter was attacked by pirates, as it was carrying a valuable cargo of spices. Ezio joined the crew in fighting off the pirates, and assisted in capturing the pirates' captain, a man Ezio would later come to know as Al-Scarab (http://forums.ubi.com/wiki/Al-Scarab). The Anaan arrived safely in Corfu, and Ezio promptly made arrangements to sail to Athens, and from there to Crete, and then Cyprus. Not long after departing from Crete, Ezio's ship ran into a storm, and was forced to dock at Chios for minor repairs.[13] (http://forums.ubi.com/#cite_note-Revelations_.28novel.29-12)
Finally, Ezio arrived at Cyprus, where he spent some time exploring the island, including the Templar's archive. However, as he experienced more delays, it became apparent that the Venetian authorities stationed in Cyprus were delaying his journey. Finally, Ezio took matters into his own hands and attempted to "acquire" a small ship of his own, so he could continue on to Masyaf. No sooner had he found a seaworthy vessel was he attacked by a mysterious man, whom Ezio thought he recognized. The commotion caused by their fighting attracted several members of the island's Night Watchmen, and Ezio, along with his mysterious assailant-turned-ally, fought off the guards. As the last man fell, Ezio was stabbed in the side and fell unconscious. When he awoke, Ezio found himself on a ship headed for Acre, manned by none other than the pirate captain he had defeated some months earlier.[13] (http://forums.ubi.com/#cite_note-Revelations_.28novel.29-12)"

sound like a good DLC to me

If you think that Ubisoft will release Acre and Cyprus as DLC, then you are out of this world:D

LightRey
01-31-2012, 01:11 AM
Ezio had two kids after his retirement. He definitely got more action

It's times like these when I most miss the :winky:.

stefman6987
01-31-2012, 10:28 AM
i don't think it will be to do with ezio, just the modern times

MaKaVeLiTL
01-31-2012, 11:52 AM
If the DLC is that 1st person crap like in the other pillars then I certainly won't be buying it.

TheSpong
01-31-2012, 12:05 PM
DLC possibly being extra Desmond's Journeys? No thanks, they were awful.
Seriously, if that's what the single-player DLC turns out to be then disappointed won't even come close to describing how Revelations as a whole has left me feeling. I certainly won't be buying any DLC if its all abstract, first-person obstacle course rubbish.

GediminasLM
01-31-2012, 01:07 PM
Yes, please! I want SP DLC too. Do you remember The Da Vinci Disapearence for Brotherhood? That was cool. They should make something similar to Revelations, maybe some more side missions or additional memories.

stefman6987
01-31-2012, 01:49 PM
it won't be desmond's journey, there was a leaked audio rip which revealed lucy to be an abstergo mole and had heaps of talk bout clay and his family and william miles, so most likely we will get to play as one of them characters, maybe subject 16 left more information in the animus then we know it

GLHS
01-31-2012, 03:08 PM
it won't be desmond's journey, there was a leaked audio rip which revealed lucy to be an abstergo mole and had heaps of talk bout clay and his family and william miles, so most likely we will get to play as one of them characters, maybe subject 16 left more information in the animus then we know it

While I agree that it obviously won't be Desmond's Journey, I kinda do think that you will be able to access these memories from the repaired pillars on Animus Island. I'm not sure if we'll get to play as them or not, but I would love to play as Clay. It'd be pretty sweet. Maybe it'll just be in the form of cutscenes or something, which wouldn't be as cool, but for me, as long as all the stuff from the audio leak makes it into the DLC in some way, I'm happy. So people can stop with ridiculous theories about Lucy still being alive and stupid things about Clay.

And @ TMW92 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/829346-TMW92) from page 3: There were 2 threads. The one specifically about the DLC video was taken down. There was also another thread about Lucy being a Templar, which is mostly about her involvement in the DLC now. That's probably on page 5 of the threads by now or something lol, cuz nobody's posted in that for a while. All of the links to the video no longer work, as it has been taken down on youtube. BUT...I had been giving typed transcripts out in PM's when it first came out, b/c I knew all of this would happen. If you'd like one, just PM me and I will gladly give you a copy.

notafanboy
01-31-2012, 04:10 PM
While I agree that it obviously won't be Desmond's Journey, I kinda do think that you will be able to access these memories from the repaired pillars on Animus Island. I'm not sure if we'll get to play as them or not, but I would love to play as Clay. It'd be pretty sweet. Maybe it'll just be in the form of cutscenes or something, which wouldn't be as cool, but for me, as long as all the stuff from the audio leak makes it into the DLC in some way, I'm happy. So people can stop with ridiculous theories about Lucy still being alive and stupid things about Clay.

And @ TMW92 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/829346-TMW92) from page 3: There were 2 threads. The one specifically about the DLC video was taken down. There was also another thread about Lucy being a Templar, which is mostly about her involvement in the DLC now. That's probably on page 5 of the threads by now or something lol, cuz nobody's posted in that for a while. All of the links to the video no longer work, as it has been taken down on youtube. BUT...I had been giving typed transcripts out in PM's when it first came out, b/c I knew all of this would happen. If you'd like one, just PM me and I will gladly give you a copy.

nope, that thread was taken down. i should know because i found it:D

stefman6987
01-31-2012, 07:05 PM

yeah, all the leaked audio will be in it for sure, well i'd hope so. i recon desmond will find the memories of clay that were imprinted when he hacked into the animus, like when altair showed the clip of how he done all his things in life through the seals, and maybe lucy did the same because in the end she felt guilty but i dunno, i highly doubt it, shes a templar scum!!! ahah
yeh pm me the transcript if ya could man :D

GLHS
02-01-2012, 09:52 AM
Well either way, yeah, all the actual audio is down, so those who didn't hear it before won't get to. But as I said, anybody wanting a transcript, I will be more that happy to supply it.

And @ stefman6987 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1255523-stefman6987): It'll be in your inbox :)

zStrictStyle
02-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Forget Ezio and Desmond.What about Altair?I felt that he was really put aside this time and he deserves some more sequences.

dewgel
02-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Just a little pointer, I don't know if anyone sat through the credits of the Single Player ACR

But it says at the end credits "REBUILDING ISLAND"

They rebuilt the island so that they could further explore stuff.

LightRey
02-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Just a little pointer, I don't know if anyone sat through the credits of the Single Player ACR

But it says at the end credits "REBUILDING ISLAND"

They rebuilt the island so that they could further explore stuff.

presumably.

dewgel
02-01-2012, 08:48 PM
presumably.

There's no presumably about it, it said that in plain text half way through the credits, and completely rebuild the island, then it just panned into Desmond stood there on the island.

twenty_glyphs
02-01-2012, 09:09 PM
There's no presumably about it, it said that in plain text half way through the credits, and completely rebuild the island, then it just panned into Desmond stood there on the island.

I think LightRey is saying the presumption is that "they rebuilt the island so they could further explore stuff". We don't know who or what rebuilt Animus Island, or why it was rebuilt. We don't even know why Desmond is still there instead of explaining what they need to do to William, Shaun and Rebecca. The Assassins may have rebuilt the island, when my initial thought was the Animus itself rebuilt the island and put the two repaired pillars there. Subject 16 seemed to indicate that the island was scheduled for deletion, so maybe the same automated program that deleted it also rebuilt it. I do agree that the pillars are almost certainly meant for DLC.

We just don't know much about why the game ended with Desmond back on Animus Island. It's the first ending to an AC game that doesn't give an explanation for why Desmond is back in the Animus at the end. There's also no reason for Desmond to go back in at the moment. Also, if Desmond did re-enter the Animus, presumably he would use it as he did in AC2 and Brotherhood instead of going back to the Black Room and Animus Island. For all we know, the Desmond in the Animus after the game's ending could be an imprint of his consciousness left behind on the island, or even Desmond's avatar with Subject 16's mind.

I hope they have something interesting in store for DLC that explains a lot of this stuff. They're really starting to come off the rails with the science fiction parts of the story involving how the Animus works. Things like the glitched Sequence 9 in Brotherhood and mentioning the memory-within-memory patterns and the weird glitch after Desmond met Subject 16 in Brotherhood and then got stuck in the Animus chair. From a lot of interviews, it sounds like they have a lot of these ideas in their heads about what's going on (such as the user's face being projected onto their ancestor in the Animus, the Rifts in Brotherhood being pieces of Subject 16 that Desmond reassembled), but they are not relaying any of that information within the story.

dxsxhxcx
02-01-2012, 09:20 PM

the only thing I can think about is that part of Desmond' consciousness got trapped there, because I don't think he would be able to return there whenever he wants, the black room doesn't seem to be a place where the users of the animus should stay, otherwise the animus wouldn't try to delete them like it did in ACR...

or he didn't wake up yet and what we saw at the end of ACR was a glimpse of the future that Jupiter showed us... :P

LightRey
02-01-2012, 09:47 PM
I think LightRey is saying the presumption is that "they rebuilt the island so they could further explore stuff". We don't know who or what rebuilt Animus Island, or why it was rebuilt. We don't even know why Desmond is still there instead of explaining what they need to do to William, Shaun and Rebecca. The Assassins may have rebuilt the island, when my initial thought was the Animus itself rebuilt the island and put the two repaired pillars there. Subject 16 seemed to indicate that the island was scheduled for deletion, so maybe the same automated program that deleted it also rebuilt it. I do agree that the pillars are almost certainly meant for DLC.

We just don't know much about why the game ended with Desmond back on Animus Island. It's the first ending to an AC game that doesn't give an explanation for why Desmond is back in the Animus at the end. There's also no reason for Desmond to go back in at the moment. Also, if Desmond did re-enter the Animus, presumably he would use it as he did in AC2 and Brotherhood instead of going back to the Black Room and Animus Island. For all we know, the Desmond in the Animus after the game's ending could be an imprint of his consciousness left behind on the island, or even Desmond's avatar with Subject 16's mind.

I hope they have something interesting in store for DLC that explains a lot of this stuff. They're really starting to come off the rails with the science fiction parts of the story involving how the Animus works. Things like the glitched Sequence 9 in Brotherhood and mentioning the memory-within-memory patterns and the weird glitch after Desmond met Subject 16 in Brotherhood and then got stuck in the Animus chair. From a lot of interviews, it sounds like they have a lot of these ideas in their heads about what's going on (such as the user's face being projected onto their ancestor in the Animus, the Rifts in Brotherhood being pieces of Subject 16 that Desmond reassembled), but they are not relaying any of that information within the story.

You are correct.

stefman6987
02-02-2012, 06:58 PM
You are correct.

indeed he is

GLHS
02-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Obviously we don't know, but I'm pretty sure that's where we're gonna start the DLC. Those pillars are repaired and Desmond starts right at the bottom of the hill leading up to the pillars. There will probably also be an explanation as to why he goes back into the Animus. Maybe like in AC2 how he demanded that he "had to go back right now." Or maybe he thinks he owes it to Clay to find something out about him? Idk. But I doubt that they'll leave it unexplained.

stefman6987
02-03-2012, 04:22 PM
i don't know it really needs an explanation, it's just for the player to explore some more and do desmond's journey's if they didn't do it before they finished the game, but i recon the dlc stuff will be explained in ac3.. kind of makes sense considering they can't just leave it out, i'm assuming they will figure that not everyone will buy the dlc and will be kind of confused in ac3 if it's not explained

bobby.dvorak
02-03-2012, 07:36 PM
I think any single player content should be Desmond. because that would be freaking awesome! He's the main character of the series really. i made my own thread about this but it was in the wrong place

TrueStoic
02-04-2012, 11:21 AM
i just hope we get the altair skin with the DLC :/

Big_Shot_01
02-04-2012, 11:09 PM
I would like to see some more side missions implemented into the game like searching for a new robes and sucheven some Templar missions.. maybe a new SP Map when he travels to a newer place like China or Japan this could be nice DLC.

After i beat the main Story i usually save all side missions till the end so i have something to keep me going.but since there's not that much i just turn on AC2 or ACB and replay those...
the assassin's recruiting gets a little boring and the tower defense is sort of dull..
Just something that involve stealth and maneuvering around. That's all

zStrictStyle
02-04-2012, 11:33 PM
EscoBlades just posted a video when he spoke with Darby and he said"We ould have made Mongolia,We could have made Constantinople like it was in 1204.But due to their short time they couldn`t make it and focused only on the most imporatant things that happend in Masyaf.I hope they bring it again.

swiftkinfe
02-05-2012, 02:38 AM
I have an idea how about a non cannon dlc (or at least to what desmond or ezio couldve viewed).

Altair sections could be done for his trip into mongolia.
Altair could be played out specifically as altair and no animus viewing as desmond.However keeping the animus hud simply for sake of gameplay.
Also this could be played out as Darim for this to be explained one of Ezio's children either Flavia or Marcello comes across a seal when eiher one have become an Assassin. Say its marcello who wants to know more about his late father ( he was rather young when Ezio died after all). He comes across the assassins who have found a seal in Alexandria (remember that)? Then he takes a look which brings him to Darim who is in Mongolia with no one other then Altair. Darim unwittingly comes across the seal without any idea what it is during the assassination of Ghengis khan and unknowingly stores his memories into the device.We could then find out he got the seal back at some point after the siege of masayf when Altair is locking himself away and we can play out those events him protecting the polos and possibly even Altair himself and mabey even meeting sef during the course of events. He would later go to Alexandreia and create a library where his seals would end up. Possibly this could give a slight hint at an assassin in the future for desmond to replay or give warning to desmond and the group about daniel cross.

This could be saved for AC3 as well not the main assassin being flavia or Marcello or even Darim but just something for desmond to do in some down time after saving the world.

Biomedical-Fire
02-05-2012, 05:52 AM
I think that the SP DLC will be a little more than just finishing up the two pillar sequences with Desmond. But if it does only surround completeing the two pillars, then the DLC had better be free.