PDA

View Full Version : AC:R NAT Issues.

Geist-Hexenjager
01-28-2012, 07:58 PM
I recently picked up ACR for the PC and noticed while trying to play multiplayer, my NAT is either STRICT or Moderate. I opened all the ports listed. Is there anything else that can be done to get this to be nice and green. Wired connection and can play everything perfectly fine, just confused on why ACR says my connection is moderate at best and maybe not even to use voice chat.

spectatorx
01-28-2012, 08:13 PM
I'm facing the same "problem". All network services in game are working fine but the game shows my nat is moderate. It is a bit strange to me 'cos at my friend's pc who has much slower internet nat is opened (green one). I do not know how it calculates nat to be opened or moderate or stricted.

Geist-Hexenjager
01-28-2012, 09:12 PM
The thing that really gets me is I have AC:R on the 360, hooked to the same router 3 feet away and this one gets the green opened NAT, yet my PC doesn't lol.

WiLLiAmRoX
01-29-2012, 07:09 AM
what are the ports needed which may increase your NAT?

BomBerA
01-29-2012, 01:02 PM
The same thing happened to me. I used to have 6mbps ADSL net where I had green NAT. Then I upgraded to 40mbps wired and I can only get moderate NAT with all ports open and static IP or even withouth using the router and connecting the cable directly to my laptop. But still I get into games normaly withouth any problems and even faster than my old net. :confused:

spectatorx
01-29-2012, 01:25 PM
I think i get it! Moderate nat means you have too fast internet to play game online! Hooooray!!! :-)

baly4
01-29-2012, 10:44 PM
After you opened the ports, check your UpnP (Universal Plug and Play) in settings of your modem it shoud be on!

I think i get it! Moderate nat means you have too fast internet to play game online! Hooooray!!! :-)

Wrong. Moderate is bad, and it doesnt matter how good your internet connection is.

Vey03
01-30-2012, 05:41 AM
Well, one thing i don't understand is the upload speed. Apparantly mine is bad. It's always bad, and it always tells me to limit traffic. I don't have anything else running besides the **** game. Now, according to my modem, but upload speed is 928 kbps. Is that bad? And if it's so bad, then what is good?
My NAT is green only until i refresh it. Then it's orange. Makes no difference how i get into games. I can never find anything.
My real problem is lag, and ACR is a lot worse for me than ACB. And i haven't changed anything. Same PC, same lines, same modem, same room! Most of the time i lag so bad that I literally can't do anything. I can't kill anyone, i can't stun anyone. I'm lucky to get a contested kill, because i keep getting naked stunned, and then stunlocked. Most of my kills are contested. It's just horrid. And this is normal practice for me in something like MH, where things happen quick.

Now i had this game on PS3, and the lag was nowhere near as bad. There were also more sessions i could connect to. And again, same lines, same connection, same room. I honestly don't get it.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
01-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Please see here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/473974-ACR-Multplayer-connection-problems-FAQs

Geist-Hexenjager
01-30-2012, 07:18 PM
I mentioned my 360 because it is wired also, same router only one goes to the 360, one goes to the PC...but the PC is moderate. I looked at the faq and I have done everything, but still is moderate. UPnp is enabled, all the ports opened, etc, etc. Nothing else I can do? Anyone figure this out?

This is just frustrating, how does every other PC game have no issue, but AC:R keeps my internet as Moderate.

Any other info Ubi-Mush?

Venomorphy
02-01-2012, 01:36 AM
Yep, same issues here too. Ports opened, tried DMZ, UPnP enabled, nothing...
*sigh*

Geist-Hexenjager
02-01-2012, 04:17 PM
No other suggestions or what is causing this? It's only, try these things, if this doesn't work "oh well"?

Mr_Shade
02-01-2012, 09:10 PM
No other suggestions or what is causing this? It's only, try these things, if this doesn't work "oh well"?
If the solutions posted do not fix the issue, you need to contact Ubisoft Support directly.

They will need you to supply information on your network etc - so please contact them when you are at the PC etc.

Links to support are in my signature, or you can click the 'Contact us' link at the bottom of every forum page.

HeJurm
02-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Today when i launced ACR and opened the multiplayer I noticed my nat was strict. It used to be green from the first time I opened multipalyer. Also, my upload is "bad" but it doesnt seem to mean anything from what i've understood from the ACR forums. So whats going on? has this NAT change happened to anyone else today? or is it just me?

Vey03
02-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Today when i launced ACR and opened the multiplayer I noticed my nat was strict. It used to be green from the first time I opened multipalyer. Also, my upload is "bad" but it doesnt seem to mean anything from what i've understood from the ACR forums. So whats going on? has this NAT change happened to anyone else today? or is it just me?

Yes! The servers were down today, and i logged in this afternoon, and my NAT is red. I don't know about finding games, but i was able to join a friend and have the same horribly laggy bull-excrement games i always have.

My upload is always, always bad, but again, i don't understand this, and i don't understand why, as my upload according to my modem/router diag is good. And no one, no one from support will tell me why or explain anything!

So if any of the staff here would like to ask ubi wtf this upload is all about, it would be greatly appreciated, as i'm sure i'm not the only PC player who is, not only quite aggrevated, but also thoroughly confused.

Ferrith
02-03-2012, 05:20 PM
Did this change in NAT happen *after* you had downloaded the recent patch, or it appeared out of the blue?

My problem was related to the patch: when I downloaded it there was a kind of reset in my NAT too. From green it went to red (strict); by hitting F2 -> Options -> Online -> Enter [refresh] I was able to turn it into orange. Next day I repeated the process but nothing, and so I opened an extra port in my firewall following Ubi-mush' s link. Next time I loaded the game my NAT was green (open). However, I'm not 100% sure whether opening that specific port fixed the issue, or it was just a coincidence.

Geist-Hexenjager
02-03-2012, 11:42 PM
Well, I did as Mr. Shade did and contacted support. Got the auto-email saying I'll be contacted within 24 hours. I got the response, but I don't think the person even read my report as I stated that I tried everything in the FAQ and all he did was tell me to do all those things. I replied to them stating I did all that, and still have not heard anything back. I really want to know whats up with this game. I haven't had these kind of problems in years, great internet connection, every other game online is silky smooth....this game is moderate. STILL would love some further assistance.

HeJurm
02-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Seems like my NAT change to 'strict' was only temporary. I restarted my computere and now my NAT is 'open' again. confusing..

spectatorx
02-04-2012, 02:49 PM
When i have firewall in router disabled do i still have to open ports?

Ferrith
02-04-2012, 04:03 PM
Personally I'm against being online with firewall disabled. I'd suggest try to refresh NAT first and if the problem persists then open a port through your router or firewall.

deerslayer13
07-16-2012, 04:02 AM
Well, I did as Mr. Shade did and contacted support. Got the auto-email saying I'll be contacted within 24 hours. I got the response, but I don't think the person even read my report as I stated that I tried everything in the FAQ and all he did was tell me to do all those things. I replied to them stating I did all that, and still have not heard anything back. I really want to know whats up with this game. I haven't had these kind of problems in years, great internet connection, every other game online is silky smooth....this game is moderate. STILL would love some further assistance.
same thing for me since brotherhoods multiplayer :/ and what im most confused about is that im often chosen to host other online games because my connection is apparently so **** good.. ubisoft please help us!! the decision to either purchase or pirate AC3 may come down to whether the thing has a playable multiplayer or not. if you cant play online, its no different from a pirated copy! give us a lobby where we can pick and choose servers to play on based on match type, map, etc. similar to a ton of other online games