PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Assassin's Creed 3 Setting Revealed

eagleforlife1
01-28-2012, 11:26 AM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/333754/assassins-creed-heads-to-american-revolution-rumour/

Personally, I voted for this setting because I know absolutely nothing about the history of this period whatsoever..

LordWolv
01-28-2012, 11:30 AM
Could be.
But I still see the word 'Rumour'.

GLHS
01-28-2012, 11:39 AM
All I want is to go to Egypt. If part of the game is during the American Revolution, fine, but at least a part of it has to be in Egypt. I am dying to go there, and all the mystery surrounding Alexandria would be perfect for AC.

eagleforlife1
01-28-2012, 11:41 AM
Could be.
But I still see the word 'Rumour'.

It's an educated rumour though. CVG claim they were told by a Ubi staff member.

LightRey
01-28-2012, 11:44 AM
There's nothing in that article to indicate that their guess is better than ours. They have the exact same information we do and they don't come to any significant conclusion.

LordWolv
01-28-2012, 11:48 AM
It's an educated rumour though. CVG claim they were told by a Ubi staff member.
It could be an 'educated rumour' from Steven Hawkins, it's still a rumour. Yes, they claim that, but where's the evidence?

SixKeys
01-28-2012, 02:23 PM
I won't believe it until I hear anything official from Ubisoft. Even if they did hear from a "source close to the project" as they claim, it could be an attempt at distracting the fans with false rumors so the studio doesn't have to worry too much about leaks.

playassassins1
01-28-2012, 03:04 PM
I hope this isn't true.

lukaszep
01-28-2012, 04:23 PM
This is just a rumour.
If AC3's location was chosen by a survey, i will be upset. It would mean they've only been working on AC3 since AC:B was released. I'm hoping for a bigger than AC2 game, so i hope this is just a rumour.

kriegerdesgottes
01-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Crap I just noticed this thread and didn't see it when I posted the same thing. I believe it actually since there was the rumor before of an insider who said the same thing plus all the other overwhelming evidence (da vinci disappearance, end of ACR) that point right to this plus the fact that someone in Desmond's tree obviously had to have gone to the Americas at some point so I think it's all but confirmed at this point and I'm actually ok with it although I preferred the French Revolution, I think this could be cool too although the country at the time was quite underdeveloped, I think there were enough cities like New York and Philadelphia, Boston, that could sustain a game although there probably weren't really tall buildings like in the other games but I'm not too sure about that since I've never been to the east coast in my life. I'm also happy they aren't going too far in time and staying in the 18th century and not going as far as the 19th century or even worst a full Desmond game in modern times.

SixKeys
01-28-2012, 06:07 PM
When some of the glyphs at the end of AC1 spelled out the name of a Japanese island and some Chinese letters, everyone said it was "overwhelming evidence" the next game was going to be set somewhere in Asia. Instead we got the Italian Renaissance. After ACB, people were sure the next game would be set during the french revolution, until ACR took us to Constantinople.

All I'm saying is it's too early to say anything is a given. Personally I'm still holding out hope that AC3 might feature multiple ancestors from different countries and timelines, but whoever turns out to be right remains to be seen. Ubi probably won't confirm any rumours until at least March.

kriegerdesgottes
01-28-2012, 06:32 PM
When some of the glyphs at the end of AC1 spelled out the name of a Japanese island and some Chinese letters, everyone said it was "overwhelming evidence" the next game was going to be set somewhere in Asia. Instead we got the Italian Renaissance. After ACB, people were sure the next game would be set during the french revolution, until ACR took us to Constantinople.

All I'm saying is it's too early to say anything is a given. Personally I'm still holding out hope that AC3 might feature multiple ancestors from different countries and timelines, but whoever turns out to be right remains to be seen. Ubi probably won't confirm any rumours until at least March.

But the truth is that there were glyphs on the floor and the wall that implied ALL places in the world not just Japan. People just decided to focus more on Japan even though there was Hebrew and Chinese and English and everything else written in blood in AC1. The evidence for New York in the next game has been repeatedly mentioned in dlc and the games with the end of ACB, the end of ACR, and the DLC for ACB plus the sheer fact that Desmond is American in the first place. I'm just saying that there is much more evidence for the American Revolution than Japan or anywhere else.

D.I.D.
01-28-2012, 07:24 PM
Although neither one would be my first choice, it could be really good if you have go first to the American Revolution and then to the French Revolution in order to find all the information you need to finish the modern day story.

EscoBlades
01-28-2012, 11:55 PM
I love how CVG keep clutching at straws, haha. They lead the charge with the Egypt rumours as well, based off some Ubiworkshop art which they labelled "concept art", LOLOL!

Purely rumour and speculation ;)

YuurHeen
01-29-2012, 12:03 AM
i dont see what desmonds location has to do with his ancestors location.
since it never has been the same except for the villa.

kriegerdesgottes
01-29-2012, 12:10 AM

Desmond is American and his father is clearly also American. That means that someone along the way must have brought his family to the new world from Europe being that Desmond is white. What we don't know is who it was, whether they are related to Altair, Ezio, or neither, and when they came.

dxsxhxcx
01-29-2012, 12:14 AM

the fact that Desmond (at the end of ACR) knows what to do doesn't mean he knows how to do (what he needs to do), I believe the excuse used to come back to the animus and to another ancestor will be find someone who had contact with the grand temple before (and/or find Eve)...

ThePheonix1030
01-29-2012, 03:19 AM
All I want is a new setting and protagonist. Make it happen, Yubi.

rileypoole1234
01-29-2012, 03:22 AM
I commented on the other thread so I'll just post it here:

I don't believe it. Were there even that many buildings that were 'climbable' in America at that time? If it's true I hope we play as a British soldier instead of American, it'd give us a different point of view. But I still have no reason whatsoever to believe this. The fact that the French Revolution wasn't on the list Ubisoft released strongly points towards it being the location. I do hope they're right in saying it will be revealed this quarter though. I do think the location is wrong though.

luckyto
01-29-2012, 04:52 AM
As an American, the last place I want to go in the world is.... America. But, whatever.

After Embers, I'm actually stoked for China. I think it would be great.

Voltige2011
01-29-2012, 07:17 AM
As an American, the last place I want to go in the world is.... America. But, whatever.

After Embers, I'm actually stoked for China. I think it would be great.
My thoughts exactly. I'm an American, if I want to learn about American history I can go back to fifth grade or look into one of the many books and movies made about American history. Yet I know nothing about China. If you ask me litterally anything about it all I can say is that is has a wall and its in Asia.

@ThePheonix: May I ask who Yubi is?
@kreig: That logic seems so strange to me.
1.Even if you are right and he does have an American ancestor, that doesn't mean the ancestor was in the revolution.
2. He grew up on a far away farm which was an Assassin training facility. Please tell me how a plane is not involved in Desmond being in America.

To anybody that says that there are hints to America being the next setting, that might only involve Desmond/ the ending of the game. *The end of Project Legacy shows us a Chinese guy who the Order deems a threat.* Spoilers

As long as the article is right about us getting to see a preview, people can stop making wild guesses, and I'm happy.

Edit: Is it just me or does that article say "The confrontation between British colonists and native Americans during The American Revolution."?

Moultonborough
01-29-2012, 08:31 AM
I trust this source more that the link by the OP. http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2012/01/26/assassins-creed-3-ps3-sequel-has-new-characters-will-be-the-biggest-to-date/ . Though it does still have a few issues with it. Like finishing Altair and Ezio's story. But it does include the CEO so I think it is more reliable.

AlexEzio89
01-29-2012, 04:02 PM
i want in EGIPT my opinion AMERICA for ASSASINS CREED IS ****
if UBISOFT CHOISE THIS SETTING ,IS ONE THE BIGEEST ERROR FOR UBISOFT ,AND IF IS SETTING IN AMERICA,SHE DISSAPOING ME

To many games and films are set there when there's a world of other intresting places. ( I know the period would different but still)

sounds like red dead redemption 2 now with higher buildings and free running cowboys.

Assassin_M
01-29-2012, 04:09 PM
i want in EGIPT my opinion AMERICA for ASSASINS CREED IS ****
if UBISOFT CHOISE THIS SETTING ,IS ONE THE BIGEEST ERROR FOR UBISOFT ,AND IF IS SETTING IN AMERICA,SHE DISSAPOING ME

To many games and films are set there when there's a world of other intresting places. ( I know the period would different but still)

sounds like red dead redemption 2 now with higher buildings and free running cowboys.
Red dead redemption 2 doesnt sound bad actually :rolleyes:

Kit572
01-29-2012, 04:19 PM
To be honest, i no longer care where AC3 is being set.
Too many theories on where its set and i'm sick of the arguments...

Will_Lucky
01-29-2012, 05:40 PM
I wanted either the American Revolution or French Revolution so to have it set in either place would be fantastic.

kriegerdesgottes
01-29-2012, 07:47 PM
@kreig: That logic seems so strange to me.
1.Even if you are right and he does have an American ancestor, that doesn't mean the ancestor was in the revolution.
2. He grew up on a far away farm which was an Assassin training facility. Please tell me how a plane is not involved in Desmond being in America.

As for number one I did specifically say that we don't know when they came but that someone HAD to have come we just don't know when. So I'm not saying for sure that it is in the American Revolution, just that it is likely being that we saw at the end of ACR that the main temple Desmond is looking for is in New York. The coordinates from the Da Vinci Disappearance point right at New York. Alex Amancio said that after playing ACR we will know exactly where the franchise is headed. So no I don't know that his ancestors were there during the Revolution but I do know that they for sure made it to America at some point and that this is the second time that someone "on the inside" has claimed that it's during the Revolution and I don't know that they were ever in China for any reason ever or Japan.

As for your second point I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Are you implying that Desmond is in Europe and then he gets to America without a plane? because you do realize that they are on the plane the whole time during ACR while he is in the animus.

crash3
01-29-2012, 08:35 PM
Hmmm... I personally wanted another game in Europe somewhere, European history is a lot richer and more varied than American history. Dont get me wrong, the American Revolution setting seems pretty good, its just so many things in general films, games etc are American based/set. Europe or Asia would have added more variety/mystery in my opinion

Whatever the setting in AC3 I just hope that the series continues after it so we can explore more historical places/time periods

LightRey
01-30-2012, 02:09 AM
As for number one I did specifically say that we don't know when they came but that someone HAD to have come we just don't know when. So I'm not saying for sure that it is in the American Revolution, just that it is likely being that we saw at the end of ACR that the main temple Desmond is looking for is in New York. The coordinates from the Da Vinci Disappearance point right at New York. Alex Amancio said that after playing ACR we will know exactly where the franchise is headed. So no I don't know that his ancestors were there during the Revolution but I do know that they for sure made it to America at some point and that this is the second time that someone "on the inside" has claimed that it's during the Revolution and I don't know that they were ever in China for any reason ever or Japan.

As for your second point I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Are you implying that Desmond is in Europe and then he gets to America without a plane? because you do realize that they are on the plane the whole time during ACR while he is in the animus.

Well, not the whole time. They get on the plane during Sequence 2 or 3 I think.

VRTX97
01-30-2012, 03:53 AM
This is just a rumour.
If AC3's location was chosen by a survey, i will be upset. It would mean they've only been working on AC3 since AC:B was released. I'm hoping for a bigger than AC2 game, so i hope this is just a rumour.

No offense to anyone but, do you honestly think they've been working on AC3 since AC2?... Just saying. It seems to me that they started it when they finished AC:R, because there have been some major events on these last 2 games (ACB and ACR) that seems to be pointing that they just started working on it when AC:R was finished. But hey, I could be wrong, it's just my opinion, not trying to insult anyone, and I hope Ubisoft proves me wrong.

Jarek23
01-30-2012, 04:12 AM
Please no UBI...not for AC3...future installment, sure, but not for the end of a trilogy, please.

LightRey
01-30-2012, 03:05 PM
No offense to anyone but, do you honestly think they've been working on AC3 since AC2?... Just saying. It seems to me that they started it when they finished AC:R, because there have been some major events on these last 2 games (ACB and ACR) that seems to be pointing that they just started working on it when AC:R was finished. But hey, I could be wrong, it's just my opinion, not trying to insult anyone, and I hope Ubisoft proves me wrong.

Actually, it's likely they have. Thoug I sincerely doubt that they have been in full development all this time, they have likely been working out the story since likely before ACII came out and the basic design of the missions (likely on older engines) has likely been done too.

twenty_glyphs
01-30-2012, 05:41 PM
If they haven't been working on AC3 since at least the end of Brotherhood's development, then it is in big trouble. AC2 had 2 full years and still had to cut features at the end, like Sequences 12 and 13 and the Full Synch and Memory Replay features. I don't know a lot of specifics of video game development, but I would assume that a lot of time is spent upfront on research, planning and prototyping. They need to spend time picking a time period and location, outline the story and characters after researching history, and plan and prototype gameplay elements that will fit the story and where they want to take the gameplay. None of that happens overnight, but a lot of it would probably involve a relatively small team (maybe 50-100?) that could work on it while other people were making Revelations. At a certain point, maybe 12-15 months before the game's release, they would move to full blown production, needing large teams of people to create the large amounts of assets the game would need like character models, maps, AI, etc. based on the plan that came out of pre-production.

Since Brotherhood and Revelations were basically extensions of AC2, they could get away with not having a long initial planning and research stage and move to production much sooner. That's why the scope of the games was smaller than AC2, with fewer cities, and why gameplay was simply tweaked with additions of things like the Brotherhood and bombs. But to create a new ancestor, story, historical setting, new gameplay elements that fit the new setting AND build out all the final assets in just one year for a game that's likely to conclude a large, ongoing story? I don't see how that would be anything but a rushed product. It would be even more rushed than Revelations, which barely pulled it off with an existing framework and 6 studios to support it (and had the most bugs I've experienced in any AC game).

Also, some key figures in the AC series that worked on AC2 and Brotherhood were notably missing from Revelations, though they still work at Ubisoft Montreal. Corey May is the most obvious, who didn't write Brotherhood or Revelations, though seems to have spent time helping and guiding on both. I would hope he was able to spend most of his time over the last 2 years researching and creating the story for AC3 while working with the game's major directors. In fact, a lot of the Revelations team seemed to be new and missing a lot of familiar names from AC2 and Brotherhood. That's reason enough to suspect that many of those people were working on AC3 in 2011 instead of Revelations.

Also, there was a news story that broke last April of a game developer's LinkedIn résumé listing AC2, Brotherhood, and "Assassin's Creed 3" as something they had worked on while at Ubisoft Montreal. The person left Ubisoft in November 2010, so production of AC3 could go as far back as then. Shortly after the story was published, that person's résumé changed "Assassin's Creed 3 (in-production)" to "new prod (in-production)", giving it some legitimacy...

LordWolv
01-30-2012, 05:46 PM
Since Brotherhood and Revelations were basically extensions of AC2
NO.
There's barely anything that annoys me more than people calling B and R extensions. They are not. They are fully developed, self standing games, they are not big 'DLCs', as by you calling them extensions you are basically suggesting. (Yes, I know DLCs are downloadable, before LightRey comes in)

tarrero
01-30-2012, 05:53 PM
I am not american, therefore I ask this to the american forum members, Boston, Philly etc etc were enough and had huge landmarks at that time?

twenty_glyphs
01-30-2012, 06:02 PM
NO.
There's barely anything that annoys me more than people calling B and R extensions. They are not. They are fully developed, self standing games, they are not big 'DLCs', as by you calling them extensions you are basically suggesting. (Yes, I know DLCs are downloadable, before LightRey comes in)

They are extensions of AC2's story, setting and engine. AC2 was mostly built from the ground up and feels like a new game compared to AC1, while obviously incorporating some elements of the AC1 engine and code. I'm not saying they are basically big DLC's, but they are most certainly not entirely new games designed and built from the ground up like AC2 was and like I hope AC3 is. My point is that the developers are literally just extending AC2's code base to build Brotherhood and Revelations, instead of designing and building a new game from the ground up the way AC2 was. I'm not saying Brotherhood and Revelations don't stand on their own. I'm talking more from the production angle. For example, there was not much new historical research needed for Brotherhood, and for Revelations the research stayed in the same time period but went to Constantinople and the Ottoman Empire. The new gameplay features were tweaks on top of the AC2 structure that didn't have to delve too deep into the core gameplay to necessitate huge changes.

stefman6987
01-30-2012, 06:08 PM
we won't know until march 31st at latest, i would prefer the french revolution, ubisoft are french right? plus those times were brutal, it would make a really good setting, but hey why limit it to one ancestor.. maybe the answers to the temples lie within hundreds of years of desmonds ancestors.. who knows

GLHS
01-30-2012, 06:11 PM
NO.

They may be full games, but they are indeed extensions. They're basically AC 2.5 and, lets say 2.8 lol. But anyway, that's exactly why they do not have numerical titles. They are not, in any way, AC3 and AC4. They're fill-in games, really just there to further Ezio's story. Although I would've had no problem with Brotherhood being AC3, the devs want this to stay a trilogy with only 3 main games. And it really depends on how you define "stand alone." B/c if somebody not knowing the story was to just jump right in on AC:B or AC:R, they would be completely lost without first playing the previous game(s). You can't have AC:B without first having AC2, and therefore you can't have AC:R without first playing AC2 and AC:B. The first game, however, could be completely considered stand alone, since, even though it does end in a cliff-hanger, it is possible to play and make sense without anything extra.

SixKeys
01-30-2012, 06:16 PM
NO.

I see them as extensions AND fully developed games. They do move the modern story forward which is the most important thing (if it was just random events from Ezio's life, I wouldn't see the point really). However, they still feature the same historical ancestor with largely unaltered game mechanics and in the case of ACB, similar landscapes as well. They aren't as far removed from AC2 as AC2 was from AC1. The difference between the first and second games was massive. Absolutely everything was upgraded, from freerunning to social stealth to graphics to combat to the missions themselves. Can you say the same about ACB and ACR? Both introduced some improvements on already existing concepts and graphical upgrades, but only a few completely new mechanics. Leonardo's machines in ACB were built upon the flying machine and carriage missions from AC2, the hookblade is just an upgraded climb leap, poison darts and bombs are just upgraded versions of regular poison and smoke bombs. The Brotherhood in ACB was perhaps the most original idea in it. The two major new additions in ACR, Den Defense and Desmond's journey, drew lots of criticism from fans and critics alike so I doubt we'll see them again.

In many ways, ACB and ACR are extensions. That doesn't mean they don't deserve to be called full games because they are, but they weren't as groundbreaking as both the previous numbered titles have been. I want AC3 to really blow my mind, just switching the same old gameplay mechanics into a new country isn't enough.

Dieinthedark
01-30-2012, 10:49 PM
NO!

At least it's just rumor but that would completely suck! We are not that interesting, the setting is the most important aspect of an AC game and this time period (though interesting in history) would not make for a good game. I mean here's just a little something important- we didn't have multi-story buildings to speak of so there's nothing to climb. And let's face it-AC is known for its freerunning.....I still say AC3 = Desmond (just him) and the next game should be the Russian Revolution.

I mean sure, we had some cities but our architecture was more simplistic it seems, at least less than European cities....

RzaRecta357
01-30-2012, 11:25 PM
When I first played AC I thought it was cool it was made in Canada. Thought Desmond looked french Canadian and wanted him to be just because I'm Canadian. I'm now thinking our new ancestor will be french in the american revolution (Maybe of course.) and Desmonds family later on shifts to Canada :P

Sevenofnine-st
01-30-2012, 11:54 PM
I definitely would have preferred the French Revolution as a the new setting because it was such an interesting and crazy period. And using the US as a base for the story sounds like it's been done so many times before... But hey, I trust that Ubi will do something amazing yet again so I'm not worried and I'm sure I'll enjoy this game as much as its predecessors.

kriegerdesgottes
01-31-2012, 04:30 AM
I definitely would have preferred the French Revolution as a the new setting because it was such an interesting and crazy period. And using the US as a base for the story sounds like it's been done so many times before... But hey, I trust that Ubi will do something amazing yet again so I'm not worried and I'm sure I'll enjoy this game as much as its predecessors.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about it. I think French Revolution would be amazing but American Revolution makes sense and part of me really believes that Ubisoft understands the enormous expectations that are on this game and another part of me is worried that it doesn't matter if they don't have enough time to do it justice but I do have hope that it'll blow my mind like AC2 did.

Xizzorz84
02-01-2012, 12:30 AM
i honestly don't understand why people want to see the American Revolution for AC3, im fine with it being in subsequent titles but not AC3. I really cant see it any other time period than the French Revolution. AC has always been about the largest influential historical events as the time periods, and if you pay attention to history class, there have always been 3 historical periods that are universally taught everywhere as important to human civilization. The Crusades, The Renaissance, and the Enlightenment. Which happened to start in French salons in the French Revolution. It needs to be in the French Revolution.

twenty_glyphs
02-01-2012, 01:14 AM
I don't understand the fear that an American Revolution setting would lead to tons of annoying American patriotism in the game. First of all, most people making the game are not American, so I don't see how that sentiment would creep in. Second, AC2 and Brotherhood were totally in Italy during a time that Italy was very influential in the world, and those games never once bombarded people with how great Italy was.

I also don't get people saying that Desmond's current location is a clue to his ancestor's location. Just because Desmond is in America now doesn't mean his next ancestor to explore for his mission was there. And anyone thinking that there won't be another ancestor is missing the point of the series so far, which always involves exploring the past to find clues to help out in the present. I just don't see how they could make AC3 without a major ancestor and historical setting -- it would be a completely different game if it was all Desmond. I also understand that Desmond would have had American ancestors, but they don't have to go very far back in time to make him look very American now. His ancestors could have come to America in the early 20th century.

As for the American Revolution setting, I'm not a big fan of it as far as the series is concerned. The time period is fine, but the setting just doesn't fit AC's current mechanics. There just weren't big or interesting cities in America at the time, and there is no sense of history like in Europe because there were no ruins left behind. I have no doubt they could make the setting work if they had plenty of time to plan out new gameplay mechanics. I just don't see it happening for the conclusion of the current story. As far as I can tell, the American Revolution was very important to the future of the world but not all that interesting.

The French Revolution still seems like the most natural setting for the next game. I like the aspect of moving forward in time from Altaïr to Ezio to AC3's ancestor. They can jump around to different periods in later games, but something about jumping forward in time one more time after Ezio just makes sense for Desmond's story. I think the locations, characters and events of the Revolution would make a great setting. The main city would obviously be Paris, with Versaiiles being a likely location. I'd like to see Lyon as a location, since the city was besieged during the Revolution and looks to have an awesome setting with a river and mountains.

kriegerdesgottes
02-01-2012, 03:16 AM
I don't understand the fear that an American Revolution setting would lead to tons of annoying American patriotism in the game. First of all, most people making the game are not American, so I don't see how that sentiment would creep in. Second, AC2 and Brotherhood were totally in Italy during a time that Italy was very influential in the world, and those games never once bombarded people with how great Italy was.

I also don't get people saying that Desmond's current location is a clue to his ancestor's location. Just because Desmond is in America now doesn't mean his next ancestor to explore for his mission was there. And anyone thinking that there won't be another ancestor is missing the point of the series so far, which always involves exploring the past to find clues to help out in the present. I just don't see how they could make AC3 without a major ancestor and historical setting -- it would be a completely different game if it was all Desmond. I also understand that Desmond would have had American ancestors, but they don't have to go very far back in time to make him look very American now. His ancestors could have come to America in the early 20th century.

As for the American Revolution setting, I'm not a big fan of it as far as the series is concerned. The time period is fine, but the setting just doesn't fit AC's current mechanics. There just weren't big or interesting cities in America at the time, and there is no sense of history like in Europe because there were no ruins left behind. I have no doubt they could make the setting work if they had plenty of time to plan out new gameplay mechanics. I just don't see it happening for the conclusion of the current story. As far as I can tell, the American Revolution was very important to the future of the world but not all that interesting.

The French Revolution still seems like the most natural setting for the next game. I like the aspect of moving forward in time from Altaïr to Ezio to AC3's ancestor. They can jump around to different periods in later games, but something about jumping forward in time one more time after Ezio just makes sense for Desmond's story. I think the locations, characters and events of the Revolution would make a great setting. The main city would obviously be Paris, with Versaiiles being a likely location. I'd like to see Lyon as a location, since the city was besieged during the Revolution and looks to have an awesome setting with a river and mountains.

I 100% agree with this post. Although I do find the American Revolution quite interesting, I would prefer the French Revolution by far.

rileypoole1234
02-01-2012, 03:55 AM
The more I think about it, the less bad it seems. I've recently watched The Patriot, and now the time period doesn't look as incredibly boring as I once thought. I'm still betting on the French Revolution. It makes more sense to me. If I could pick any location and time, I'd say mid to semi-late Victorian London.

PurpleHaze1980
02-01-2012, 04:35 AM
I'm not too into the idea of American Revolution (although it is an interesting idea and I'm sure Ubisoft would be able to make it work as a great story and keep it true to the nature of the franchise).

Personally, to me, China would be a great location for the next game, especially since there was some very unique and inventive weaponary that could be integrated into the Assassins fighting and climbing style (hook swords anyone?). Martial arts, a rich environment for climbing and alot of potential for very compelling stories to be told (sorry, Constantinople didn't do it for me this time).

I always thought it would have been great if Assassins Creed took what the "Thief" series did and had it so that Assassins could hide in shadows and be completely undetected, almost Ninja-like (who knows, Assassins in China could have taken these styles of stealth and Assassination from Japan much in the way that the Istanbul Assassins took the idea of bomb making from the Chinese!). The idea of stealth kill in darkness (perhaps new Ancestor's eagle vision can see perfectly in pitch blackness?) would be such a nice touch.

Plus, I have this vision of how fantastic it would be for an all out war to go on down the length of the Wall of China and have the ancestor fight his/her way across it to the other side and make it in once piece!

If this goes to American revolution, it will be mainly guns and the Janissaries in Constantinople were too powerful as it was (at least early in the game).

Perhaps it'd be cool to be in several places (Russia, Mongolia, China, Japan), travelling through them all (like in the first Assassins Creed). One country and one city was very limiting and dull.

matheus_737
02-01-2012, 01:27 PM
I prefer a period very in the past because ancient eras are more interesting and beautiful maybe ancient greek, africa it's better

dxsxhxcx
02-01-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm not too into the idea of American Revolution (although it is an interesting idea and I'm sure Ubisoft would be able to make it work as a great story and keep it true to the nature of the franchise).

Personally, to me, China would be a great location for the next game, especially since there was some very unique and inventive weaponary that could be integrated into the Assassins fighting and climbing style (hook swords anyone?). Martial arts, a rich environment for climbing and alot of potential for very compelling stories to be told (sorry, Constantinople didn't do it for me this time).

I always thought it would have been great if Assassins Creed took what the "Thief" series did and had it so that Assassins could hide in shadows and be completely undetected, almost Ninja-like (who knows, Assassins in China could have taken these styles of stealth and Assassination from Japan much in the way that the Istanbul Assassins took the idea of bomb making from the Chinese!). The idea of stealth kill in darkness (perhaps new Ancestor's eagle vision can see perfectly in pitch blackness?) would be such a nice touch.

that's one of the reasons why I don't want an AC game to happen in China or Japan now, I think it would be weird if we had a game there and the ancestor didn't have the knowledge of martial arts, and this exact knowledge is what IMO wouldn't make an AC there so cool because it would look like any other ninja game...

luckyto
02-01-2012, 10:48 PM

Plus, I have this vision of how fantastic it would be for an all out war to go on down the length of the Wall of China and have the ancestor fight his/her way across it to the other side and make it in once piece!

If this goes to American revolution, it will be mainly guns and the Janissaries in Constantinople were too powerful as it was (at least early in the game).

Perhaps it'd be cool to be in several places (Russia, Mongolia, China, Japan), travelling through them all (like in the first Assassins Creed). One country and one city was very limiting and dull.

Yep.

I do not find the American Revolution boring. I love that time of history. I'm American, I absolutely love that time period. Visited colonial Williamsburg just last year. But, I want some place exotic in my AC games. And whilst the French Revolution would fit that bill, I'm still opposed - as guns would dominate the game mechanics.

To me, China is the best suited for melee combat and to add a new exotic location to the AC universe. Though, this thread is kind of meaningless - I mean, it has long since been decided the location of the next AC. I imagine they are getting close to a semi-working game by now.

tarrero
02-01-2012, 11:03 PM
American Revolution would be, both plot and story wise, but It may lack on architectural terms.

Sheepman23
02-02-2012, 01:56 AM
Personally, I would MUCH prefer the French Revolution or Victorian England (London and Paris... *drools*), as the architecture would be amazing to climb about on. However, I think they could do an excellent job with the American Revolution as well. Just think... our new protagonist could be friends with Benjamin Franklin, and he could know other important figures like George Washington or Paul Revere.

Sevenofnine-st
02-03-2012, 04:27 AM

This is Assassin's Creed we're talking about, not Soul Calibur. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't want no Ninjas in my Creed. :D Seriously, though, it would only take away from the game's core identity and make it look more like some of those Japanese fighting games. Tower defense didn't belong in AC and neither do martial arts.

nukelukespuke34
02-03-2012, 05:45 AM
Martial arts don't belong in AC? Ummm...anytime you fight Templars with swords, daggers, hidden blades, or your fist, you're using martial arts. :| Or do martial arts to you only mean what you see in Chinese action movies where a dude jumps 20 feet into the air while spinning around twirling his sword?

eagleforlife1
02-03-2012, 09:24 AM
This is Assassin's Creed we're talking about, not Soul Calibur. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't want no Ninjas in my Creed. :D Seriously, though, it would only take away from the game's core identity and make it look more like some of those Japanese fighting games. Tower defense didn't belong in AC and neither do martial arts.

Good for you.

itsamea-mario
02-03-2012, 10:48 AM
It's a ghastly idea!!

Erindesh
02-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Egypt would be perfect . A perfect costume and pyramids ;d

TorQue1988
02-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Personally, I would MUCH prefer the French Revolution or Victorian England (London and Paris... *drools*), as the architecture would be amazing to climb about on. However, I think they could do an excellent job with the American Revolution as well. Just think... our new protagonist could be friends with Benjamin Franklin, and he could know other important figures like George Washington or Paul Revere.
Yes the French Revolution would be amazing. Or maybe a combination between the French Revolution and the American Revolution. And Victorian England for the next AC.
I would hate to see Japan or China, it would ruin the game, at least for me.

Sevenofnine-st
02-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Good for you.

Could you be more arrogant?

LightRey
02-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Could you be more arrogant?

Why yes he could, because he wasn't being arrogant at all.

Sevenofnine-st
02-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Well, I guess it depends on how you interpret what he wrote but to me, it definitely sounded that way. If I was wrong, then I apologize. Anyway, water under the bridge...

LightRey
02-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Well, I guess it depends on how you interpret what he wrote but to me, it definitely sounded that way. If I was wrong, then I apologize. Anyway, water under the bridge...

Sorry, I read it when the post didn't contain a quote (or I simply didn't notice the quote, idk). I thought you were responding to the post above yours.

DinoSteve1
02-06-2012, 01:11 AM
I think 19th century London would be an interesting place to have an Assassin's Creed game, but for Assassins creed 3 I'd like it too mostly focus on Desmond in modern times.

The13Doctors
02-06-2012, 08:49 AM
I am hoping for Alexandria, which is very likely considering the way the settings have been used in previous games, each time being hinted at.

In AC2 there was the ordeal in Rome and I remember that you send off some people over to it, in an Assassination Contract or something there was someone being sent to Rome, not even including the DLC. Then in Brotherhood you see Constantinople as a city in the missions, now in ACR Alexandria is a choice.

We know that Darim is an Ancestor of Desmond so maybe him or descendant of him? Ezio at one point mentions Alexandria and I think he visited it. I'm highly hoping climbing the Pyramids and there's a lot of history with Egypt. Maybe Templar/Assassin thing that has something to do with the Pyramids, we know that 10,000 of the Ones That Came Before survived so they were alive for some time afterwords. Which could explain what we saw with the Truth in AC2 and we could finally start exploring the start of the war, maybe a setup for another trilogy after the world is saved?

All these Assassins have been wondering the point of the fights, exploring the past and trying to figure out the point of the war, what started it.