PDA

View Full Version : Something I noticed at the end of Revelations...SPOILERS

adamfozz
01-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned before. I DID search but couldnt seem to find a discussion.

In the last scenes of Revelations where you get to see the memory of Altair saying good bye to his son and going into the library there is water on the floor. You will see that his son has a normal reflection but altairs robes reflect completely black despite the fact he is wearing white.

What do you think this signifies? (I love looking for symbols and secrets in this game!)

Adam_Fozz

LightRey
01-26-2012, 11:11 PM
It's been noticed before. It's likely just a mistake related to the fact that his white robes are almost identical to his dark ones (when he returns to Masyaf).

rileypoole1234
01-27-2012, 05:06 AM
It's surely Desmond using a time travelling octopus to get into the memory.:p

In all seriousness though; yes, it's most likely a mistake.

GunnarGunderson
01-27-2012, 06:52 AM
his robes were probably originally intended to be black and they changed it at the last minute

LightRey
01-27-2012, 11:40 AM
his robes were probably originally intended to be black and they changed it at the last minute

I don't think so. His robes in the reflection look identical to the ones he was wearing when he returned to Masyaf and those robes just happen to be exactly the same as his white Grand Master robes, but more ragged and of course dark. I think it's very likely that Ubi just painted over those robes and forgot about reflections.

adamfozz
01-27-2012, 03:31 PM
I Really doubt that it is caused by a mistake . The reason I say this is because when they make cut scenes they dont have to make the reflection themselves, the computer builds that for them using a physics engine. So in order for the reflection to not match what Altair is wearing they would have to purposely go in and alter it.

So I maintain that this means something. My initial thought was that Altair has a black "soul" because he has used the pieces of Eden when he never should have. ??? Or perhaps its because he is close to death and it signifies some part of him leaving. Somthing along those lines.

Adam_Fozz

LightRey
01-27-2012, 03:40 PM
I Really doubt that it is caused by a mistake . The reason I say this is because when they make cut scenes they dont have to make the reflection themselves, the computer builds that for them using a physics engine. So in order for the reflection to not match what Altair is wearing they would have to purposely go in and alter it.

So I maintain that this means something. My initial thought was that Altair has a black "soul" because he has used the pieces of Eden when he never should have. ??? Or perhaps its because he is close to death and it signifies some part of him leaving. Somthing along those lines.

Adam_Fozz

Not necessarily. The reflection could be using a reference. That reference is likely connected to the model, for which the standard could in turn be the dark robes. The code simply doesn't "realize" that it's not the dark robes, but actually the white robes that need to be reflected.