PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed - On-Screen Tips

Skakruk
01-26-2012, 07:05 AM
Why must this "STRONG ATTACK Press and hold..." message always be plastered across the screen whenever I'm fighting? I've finished the entire game, and it still comes up every time I lock into combat..

http://i.imgur.com/IYtIB.jpg

sticks165
01-26-2012, 07:30 AM
you can turn off the tips in the options menu

LordWolv
01-26-2012, 07:36 AM
This. If you actually do a strong attack, as well, it stops..

Skakruk
01-26-2012, 07:49 AM

Where? I must be blind. I've turned off all 'HUD elements', and I can't see the option anywhere else...

This. If you actually do a strong attack, as well, it stops..

I'm not 100% sure how strong attacks work (on PC). Do you have to be in low profile mode?

mojsarn
01-26-2012, 08:35 AM
So annoyed you wont even look at it ;) just hold the button (mouse, X or square), with no guard or anything and Altair will put some force behind the swing :D

Skakruk
01-26-2012, 08:48 AM
So annoyed you wont even look at it ;) just hold the button (mouse, X or square), with no guard or anything and Altair will put some force behind the swing :D

OK, it's gone now, even after exit and re-load game. :p How is it possible that I finished the whole game without doing a single strong attack? I'm sure I've seen some at one stage...

Anyway, I'm still interested in this mysterious setting in the options menu to turn off tips. If it exists, can someone tell me how to find it? I'd like to get rid of the 'lock on to save citizen' messages etc.

mojsarn
01-26-2012, 08:58 AM
Hmm, it should be in the options obviously, and then something in the line "turn off tutorials", im not sure but thats what I think anyway.

Skakruk
01-26-2012, 09:01 AM
What the hell, how do you even pull a strong attack. I did it once some how, but now I can't. The tip said "press and hold", but I do that in both low profile and high profile and neither will give me a strong attack - just normal swing. (this is without guards like you said, just standing on a rooftop).

mojsarn
01-26-2012, 09:05 AM
Oh no, it must be in a battle when you target a soldier, when I said guard I meant when Altair is parrying swords, sry I should have been more specific :)

Skakruk
01-26-2012, 09:17 AM
Oh no, it must be in a battle when you target a soldier, when I said guard I meant when Altair is parrying swords, sry I should have been more specific :)

OK, I see. Have to be in low profile mode and locked on to a guard.

I think I know why I finished the whole game without ever using strong attack: I use Toggle High Profile, and just spend 90% of my time in High Profile.

I don't like having to hold down an extra key all the time, but I think Toggle High Profile might not be a perfect solution. I can't seem to get certain moves - For example, I've been able to break legs after a strong counter, but I've also seen a move where he breaks their leg, then breaks their neck against his chest (lifting up) and that's one I've never managed to pull off.

Also, I can do the heavy counter downward skull stab with knife, but I've seen people do similar downward knife stab without having to wait for heavy counter (just hit in chest or gut quickly and stab).

Am I missing out on things because of Toggle High Profile?

mojsarn
01-26-2012, 09:34 AM
No, its just random what kind of counter Altair will do, or rather, it depends on how the enemy attacks. Its only when you do a strong attack-counter when you have something to say on how you will finish him off. Thats what I have heard and experienced.