PDA

View Full Version : ACR in 3D & Surround Sound

fstopover
01-25-2012, 04:16 PM
As you can see from my avatar, my gaming face is covered with plastic.

I use the SONY PS3 3D Monitor and glasses and the Sony Wireless Stereo Headset.

I looked in the mirror and thought, "Am I a Gitmo prisoner?"

I find ACR to be a fairly good 3D experience, not as 3D as Rachet & Clank All 4 One or Motorstorm Apocalypse, but more like Killzone 3 or Uncharted-Drakes Deception.

The headset is a nice gaming aid. You can detect aurally where potential threats are coming from before you see them

LordWolv
01-25-2012, 05:25 PM
And your point is?

D.I.D.
01-25-2012, 05:44 PM
And your point is?

easy now.

The man has a 3d set-up, recommends ACR as a decent experience, points out that it adds something to the gameplay, opens a discussion on the matter.

Perhaps other people with different 3d systems will want to have a conversation about that. Many PC people are on this forum as well as/instead of the PC one (as am I, because the PC one has less discussion and more about technical issues).

UrDeviant1
01-25-2012, 05:54 PM
So your setup gives you a better experience AND makes you look Bio-mechanical. Cool beans.

Mr_Shade
01-25-2012, 05:58 PM
So your setup gives you a better experience AND makes you look Bio-mechanical. Cool beans.

I have yet to step into 3D on my TV (have the basic setup in my PC) but I always game with a 5.1 surround sound headset (turtlebeach px5)

If I play using just the TV it seems flat and boring, no matter the game :)

UrDeviant1
01-25-2012, 06:11 PM
I have yet to step into 3D on my TV (have the basic setup in my PC) but I always game with a 5.1 surround sound headset (turtlebeach px5)

If I play using just the TV it seems flat and boring, no matter the game :)

That's cool. I must Invest In some decent headphones, I'm still yet to experience 3D gaming In all It's glory too.

D.I.D.
01-25-2012, 07:12 PM
That's cool. I must Invest In some decent headphones, I'm still yet to experience 3D gaming In all It's glory too.

I'm tempted because the support is really good on PC (if you buy Nvidia's system - lots of games support that, and 3d seems to be ideal for desktop machines due to the close viewing position). Unfortunately I'd have to replace my 5ms monitor for one with a faster refresh rate as well, so it's a pipe dream for now.

JumpInTheFire13
01-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Another alternative for people who don't have a 3D TV is the Trioviz glasses. They work with games like Revelations and Arkham City. And they're only $30!