PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Downloading and Installing ACR PC Patch 1.02

Locopells
01-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Can anyone help me with the below? That has happened three times now:

Trying to get update information to C:\Users\ELIASP~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ubi361D.tmp.
Found update (Patch, all, all).
Trying to download update file from http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/ac_revelations/ac_revelations_1.02_eu.exe. Destination: C:\Users\ELIASP~1\AppData\Local\Temp\ubi40D8.tmp.e xe.
Successfully downloaded update file.
Verifying downloaded file's CRC: a4c30ffe. Expected: 4e5b27d7.
The downloaded file CRC does not match the CRC specified in the version file.
The downloaded file had an error.

Also I took the web address from the above and downloaded it myself, but keep getting the following when I try to install:

"Error while patching the file DataPC_ACFE_Constantinople.forge. Incorrect source file."

And yes, I've tried reinstalling the whole game.

Please help!

Oh and yes I have already sent Ubi a ticket, i just want to cover all my bases and see if anyone else has encountered this/got suggestions.

Venomorphy
01-25-2012, 04:16 PM
I downloaded normally but I when I try to install I get: " Could not retrieve version number! Installation will be aborted.". My game is the Steam version. Perhaps I need to wait until Steam releases the patch? Why won't Ubisoft release the patch directly at UPlay?

ThisIsDan
01-25-2012, 04:31 PM
I have a problem too =[
The game didn't update automaticlly so I've downloaded the patch, but I choose the language, it's starting to load and then error screen which says "COULD NOT RETRIEVE VERSION NUMBER! INSTALLATION WILL BE ABORTED "

Could somebody help me?

Locopells
01-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Nice to know. Sounds like the patch needs patching...

beckham9224
01-25-2012, 04:46 PM
I downloaded normally but I when I try to install I get: " Could not retrieve version number! Installation will be aborted.". My game is the Steam version. Perhaps I need to wait until Steam releases the patch? Why won't Ubisoft release the patch directly at UPlay?

Im having exactly same error wtf and my game is steam version

Mr_Shade
01-25-2012, 07:44 PM
Hi Guys,

have you tried to update the game via Steam?

The patch should be handled by Steam - you should not need to download anything yourself.

There is a update on steam - it's around 3.5GB have you tried to install that one?

If your still having issues, please contact either Steam support or Ubisoft Support!

POPersiaT2T
01-27-2012, 02:38 AM
Im having the same problem as well but my game isn't the steam version.

when i try to update from 1.01 to 1.02 i get this error:
"Error while patching the file DataPC.forge. Incorrect source file."

then i reinstall the game, install the 1.02 patch again and i get this error:
"Error while patching the file DataPC_ACFE_cappadocia.forge. Incorrect source file."

Novisorbis
01-27-2012, 06:36 AM
this might sound a bit strange, but I have multiple drives and have had problems with installations at times. Revelations is on an external drive so I moved the download to the actual position of the game. Try running it from there.

Locopells
01-27-2012, 01:40 PM
this might sound a bit strange, but I have multiple drives and have had problems with installations at times. Revelations is on an external drive so I moved the download to the actual position of the game. Try running it from there.

Didn't help. Ubi sent me this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034

which fixed the downloading problem, but I still get the source file error.

Bubskito
01-28-2012, 09:25 PM
I have a similar problem:
"Error while patching the file DataPC.forge. Incorrect source file."
"An error occured during updating DataPC.forge"

This appears when I try to update the game. The thing is that I recovered my system for other reasons and since then I have this problem. :confused:
Is it connected or the update itself has some problem?

P.S. I tried the thing with the host file just in case but it didn't work.

POPersiaT2T
01-29-2012, 02:09 AM
i still cant update to v1.02 even though i let the ubi launcher to auto patch itself. Just wondering whether you guys are using windows xp as well? i cant think of any other possibilities that could cause such problem.

leo_assassin93
01-29-2012, 04:17 AM
I had the same problem on my pc on the 27th..on the 28th i tried again and it worked... its the new maps update..

Bairrfhionn
01-30-2012, 12:11 AM
I've tried to downlaod it via autoupdate 4 times. The downlaod suscceeds but it always gives a CRC erro and won't use the patch necessitating another downlaod ... and around and around ..

Locopells
01-30-2012, 01:44 AM
I just reformatted my computer to reinstall and play the game, and I have the same issue. Nothing suggested so far works. Any other thoughts?

Download is successful. I get this error when running the patch:

"Error while patching file ACRMP.exe. Incorrect source file" and then "An error occured during updating ACRMP.exe"

It never gets stuck on the same file twice, which rather lends the lie to there being an actual error.

leo_assassin93
01-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Try this- Delete your PC's temporary files(even hidden ones)..restart PC..close Anti-Virus Program and firewall...and try again...hopefully it will work for u as it did for me..

POPersiaT2T
01-31-2012, 01:34 AM
Try this- Delete your PC's temporary files(even hidden ones)..restart PC..close Anti-Virus Program and firewall...and try again...hopefully it will work for u as it did for me..

Doesnt work for me.

Locopells
02-01-2012, 04:41 AM

Please tell the exact procedure you followed, including all files addresses,

leo_assassin93
02-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Please tell the exact procedure you followed, including all files addresses,
Well, click on the START menu-RUN- type %temp% -click OK.
Select all the files. To see hidden files, click TOOLS-FOLDER OPTIONS-VIEW-SHOW HIDDEN FILES.
Delete them. Restart PC.

Bubskito
02-04-2012, 07:59 PM
None of this fixes the problem. Does anyone have other suggestions?

Bairrfhionn
02-07-2012, 12:39 AM
I managed to downlaod the update file seperately form the autoupdater but I get "source file" errors when I run it. This game is becoming a royal PITA.

girdhar
12-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Trying to get update information to C:\Users\acer\AppData\Local\Temp\ubi3308.tmp.
Found update (Patch, all, all).
Trying to download update file from http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/ac_revelations/ac_revelations_1.02_eu.exe. Destination: C:\Users\acer\AppData\Local\Temp\ubi3605.tmp.exe.
Fatal download error (Connect failed).
Deleting downloaded data.

cabdriver12
12-21-2012, 01:27 PM
1.01 won't install it says multi\Data.PC.forge incorrect source file at about 5% of up dating Assassin's Creed 3

I-am-the-Stig
02-18-2013, 05:18 PM
IF PATCH 1.02 GIVES ERROR “COULD NOT RETRIEVE VERSION NUMBER”:

After working really hard I finally solved this problem. I have no idea why it occurred in the first place but looks like Ubisoft games have a habit of messing up registry entries when installing. Here's what you do:

- Run Regedit

- Find the folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed 3, and make sure the path in InstallDir and the Version number are correct.

- Create a new key here called 1.01 (or your version no.) and inside that new key double click on (Default) and enter 1.01 (or your version no.) under "Value Data"

- Then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

- Create a new key in this folder named exactly this: {9D15E813-0C26-41E7-ABC5-3EB06FF1B3CF}.

- Then inside that new key, create a new string named DisplayVersion, and set it value to the version of the game you have (1.00, 1.01, 1.02). Then launch the update file (1.01, 1.02, 1.03) and it should work.