PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft, don't ever ask for feedback again...

derfy2
01-25-2012, 09:30 AM
unless you actually plan on using it.

Receiving reports that the map DLC does in fact split the playerbase...while 90% of posts in the 'feedback' thread were DON'T SPLIT THE PLAYERBASE.

Sigh.

Anykeyer
01-25-2012, 09:52 AM
In a way it doesn't split. If you have DLC and press "play now" then you have equal chances to end up on new or old map. So this game will search all available sessions for you to join. Much better than going to settings, choosing DLC level, checking for sessions, returning to settings to try another DLC and so on.

TB_Jaybird
02-18-2012, 04:49 PM
In all my time playing Rev since the maps have been released have i NOT ONCE gotten a new map by means of choosing "Play Now" ****on.

The way it stands now is that there are maybe 10-15 people playing the new maps in the PC version. I am lucky if i manage to find a new match with the new maps. Its to a point now where i dont even bother to look for Team matches on new maps since the games DO NOT EXIST. The playerbase with the new maps is just simply not there. People are not buying them so those that did buy the new maps are stuck with nice new maps and NOBODY to play them with. You might as well not even bother buyi8ng it people as there are no people playing it. I mean any time of day. I have more time than most to play this game and i am lucky in that regards but i can see that map sales are ust not happening. People are not buying em. Otherwise i would be seeing more people in the lobbies and i am just NOT seeing people in the new lobbies.

Now i wish i would have been more in touch with the community regarding a communal stance on DLC and being split but I got a forum ban over the holidays and intentionally avoided this place cos the game made my blood boil to a point where it came out onto the forums. Yeah, its not nice listening to me moan since i am mouthy but ffs we paid top dollar for our games when they first come out and expect common as pink bugs to be squashed before release.

With another game in the pipeline with this one not even finished yet i cant say that i have much confidence in the next one. I wont buy it. My firends can and will test it then but no more monies from me til they sort MOST of the fun-spoiling issues that thsi game has. TBH there are NOT that many GAME_BREAKING bugs. They are present BUT there are not that many that UBITHEFT cant fix em.

To me fixing the game is a mtter of if they want to hang onto the already small userbase that play this game or whether they want to kill this franchise all on their own.

Anykeyer
02-18-2012, 09:30 PM
Actually many players bought this DLC, almost half of active playerbase, but also many of them dont play it. Because its too hard to start new session in it. Maybe this will improve after Ottoman Edition release, new players will have all DLC by default.

AndersAuditore
02-19-2012, 11:04 AM
Well, that would be unfair to those who pre-ordered.