PDA

View Full Version : Falconry/Gamehawking but with an eagle

Pondus21
01-24-2012, 11:04 PM
I'm not sure where to post this, but whatever.
The eagle, or birds and flying in general, is a running theme in Assassins Creed games. I think it would be cool to be able to use a trained eagle as a ranged weapon/distraction in a future Assassins Creed game (I'm guessing that they will probably release more than just one more). Think about it, it could replace several game mechanics in a cool way. The bird would probably not just sit on your shoulder at all times, but you would whistle to call it (or something like that). Just a thought.

SixKeys
01-25-2012, 12:49 AM
Err.... No.

LightRey
01-25-2012, 12:55 AM
This has been suggested before and tbh I really see no point for a feature like this. I guess it could be fun, but I don't see how it would add much to the game.

kriegerdesgottes
01-25-2012, 10:43 PM
This has been mentioned before and I personally think it would be cool. The bird could send your assassins messages to do this or that or go here or there. You could also use it to distract guards or people or whatever. I think it would be awesome.

D.I.D.
01-25-2012, 10:48 PM
This has been mentioned before and I personally think it would be cool. The bird could send your assassins messages to do this or that or go here or there. You could also use it to distract guards or people or whatever. I think it would be awesome.

Eagles are a bit showy though. Tasteful hired murderers would prefer a crow.

lukaszep
01-26-2012, 12:00 AM
The concept of eagles and Assassin's has been lost a bit throughout the franchise, but umm, do we really need more ranged weapons? Thieves are usually used for distractions (along with bombs in AC:R) It doesn't really seem necessary...Maybe eagle coops instead of pigeons.

Voltige2011
01-26-2012, 12:47 AM
An eagle is more likely to be killed by a man looking for feathers because his mom stopped talking to him. Seriously though, no.

LightRey
01-26-2012, 09:54 AM
Eagles are a bit showy though. Tasteful hired murderers would prefer a crow.

Crows should be trained in swarms. Makes them more awesome.

PR030T
01-26-2012, 10:23 AM
An eagle is more likely to be killed by a man looking for feathers because his mom stopped talking to him. Seriously though, no.
lol. Although it could be like a scout controlled by the player to get an idea how many guards are where, how to reach a certain objective, or to steal something small like a document.

gharlazufarc
01-26-2012, 10:34 AM
Crows should be trained in swarms. Makes them more awesome.

You know what's more awesome than crows? Bats.

LightRey
01-26-2012, 11:09 AM
You know what's more awesome than crows? Bats.

Not sure if bats can be trained.

dxsxhxcx
01-26-2012, 01:52 PM
lol. Although it could be like a scout controlled by the player to get an idea how many guards are where, how to reach a certain objective, or to steal something small like a do***ent.

dear lord, no, IMO it's already odd enough to see the "memories" of the places we are when we use Eagle Sense (seeing the path of our enemies and "ghosts" everywhere), now use an eagle for the purpose you're suggesting would destroy the last piece of realism this game still has... IMO they need to come back to the ground and make the assassins more humans again and not give them more "super powers", the eagle vision was fine the way it was in the previous games, IMO this eagle sense thing was totally unnecessary (the only thing I liked about it was the necessity to find our target in the middle of the crowd)...

SixKeys
01-26-2012, 05:00 PM
lol. Although it could be like a scout controlled by the player to get an idea how many guards are where, how to reach a certain objective, or to steal something small like a do***ent.

Wow, this new forum's language censoring is hilarious. "Docu/\/\ent" is a swear word now? :D

LightRey
01-26-2012, 05:49 PM
Wow, this new forum's language censoring is hilarious. "Docu/\/\ent" is a swear word now? :D

They're still busy working out the details.

Voltige2011
01-26-2012, 08:45 PM
Playing with bugs in the forum is more fun than the bugs in ACR MP.

@dxs Eagle vision had a good concept, it was just done weird though. I still wish we could track and mark people with it though.