PDA

View Full Version : PVP: I have NO idea how to play "Assassinate" mode! Halp!

Randall_Wolfcry
01-23-2012, 07:05 AM
Okay so maybe it's something so obvious that no one thinks it needs to be explained, but I can't find an explanation of how the Assassinate game mode works...

First off: Selecting other players. So I can only select players that are REALLY close to me it seems, but I have no cursor so even if I know someone is a player, I have to twirl my mouse around randomly until the game decides to randomly select them instead of the 5 NPCs standing around them... why is there no cursor like in every other mode?

Second: Seems like everyone else can select me from a far distance but I can only select things very near to me. Sometimes if someone is running I can easily select them, but it seems that even though I'm just walking people can still select me from afar and get the contract ready.

Three: I don't get the targetting enemies thing. When I can't make a contract for someone, it's obvious they've got a contract on me, right? So why do I have to wait until they are nearly in attack range before I can select and expose them? What the heck am I doing wrong?

Is there ANY guide out there that clearly outlines the different parts of this mode? I can only seem to find videos of people playing it, but no one describing what in the world they're doing to make the decisions they make.

Ferrith
01-23-2012, 08:02 AM
Standing around NPCs makes it more difficult to become a target, that's the whole point. In this game there is no cursor. Once you highlight a persona you know it's a player you can lock on him with "F" key. When someone is close enough, even if he has a contract on you, you have the chance to stun him, in which case he loses the contract on you, and right then you can lock on him and make him your target. Apart from the User Manual (main screen -> F2 -> Animus Database -> User Manual) I haven't found any guide.

I have played Assassinate just once and gave up because I found the learning curve a bit difficult. You will surely get more help, if you post on the Multiplayer section.

Anykeyer
01-23-2012, 08:21 AM
You can hold your lock button for a more precise targeting.

WiLLiAmRoX
01-23-2012, 11:41 AM
I havent played assassinate that much but i think i get the general gist of it.

Game.
the whole point of assassinate. basically just walk around casually or stay hidden until you either use perks ( i recommend firecrackers & Temp vision) or you see another Templar running in high profile.

Killing.
Chasing in assassinate is quite complicated. Try to act as natural as possible while going after your target so that he wont spot you and expose you.
Perks which slow down the enemy templar can help here such as SMOKE BOMB, KNIVES and if you don't mind a really crappy score SHOOT them.

Useful Perks for this

Running & Hiding
-Tripwire ( for long waits for ur pursuer)
-Disguise
-Smoke

Kill
-Knives
-smoke
-gun

You do get a lock for long and short range i believe.
Anyways its not the most exciting gameplay and i avoid it as much as possible :D
hope it helps

Anykeyer
01-23-2012, 12:35 PM
The whole point of Assassinate is to run in high profile, lock in last second and get a crappy kill. Do it a lot and you will score high. Just be sure to win this lock duel. If not - stun him or run. Only ******ed noobs will chase you in assassinate. If you see someone walking you can catch blend group moving in his direction, this way it will be more difficult for him to lock you before you lock him (again, do it in last second), and you will also have hidden kill bonus. But no good player will walk to a blend group with other player in it unless he plans to smoke you and beat the **** out of you. And then he will proceed with chain+focus+hidden(from your own blend group, how convinient)+poison(sometimes). Good players sometimes bate others to lock on them first. They also love to lock on you and run in circles to cause you waste any defensive ability you might have.

WiLLiAmRoX
01-23-2012, 12:41 PM
ok im gonna try that :D

Ozzkore
01-24-2012, 02:42 AM
It sounds like you don't have a problem with the game mode so much as you having problems Locking On to players. I personally hate Assassinate so I haven't written anything about it, but I think I can solve your overall troubles.

Check out Point #4 in this article where I discuss how to Lock On to anyone you want and let me know how it works out for you:

http://animustraining.wordpress.com/2012/01/24/how-to-get-more-points/