PDA

View Full Version : Using the thieves to lure the benefactor...

Skier from Hell
01-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Ha! the last time I asked for help was way way back when I first ventured into AC2. Now once again I'm asking for help from you wise owl gamesters. It's a Thieves Guild mission. The one where you have to use the thieves to lure the benefactor from his secure zone and then eliminate him. But for the life of me, I've tried every which way but loose in getting the thieves to lure out of the secure zone but each time in the commotion, the canny benefactor runs off, I chase him until I'm sure he's out of the secure zone and then I eliminate him. But always that dreaded red word pops up: FAIL. ​Obviously I'm doing something wrong. Any tips would be well appreciated.

Sorry, I should have posted this in the Tips Section..:eek:

Artemis88
01-22-2012, 04:08 PM
You have to try and lure the guards away & take care of the rest (even the one on the roof above) without alarming the benefactor. When he is finally on his own, there are a group of thieves nearby, use them to lure him out. The option should pop up at some point for you to be able to do so.

Hopefully this helps to some degree as I can't remember exactly what I did, but I do remember the above =)

D.I.D.
01-22-2012, 04:28 PM
You can do this really easily through use of the mercenaries nearby, since the fighting doesn't seem to disturb the target in any way as long as he is not targetted and does not see you. Wait to use the thieves up on the raised grassy area (above the benefactor's area) until all of the guards are gone/dead.

Skier from Hell
01-22-2012, 05:15 PM
Thanks for that useful advice, guys. That will give me something to work on. Should be fun using subtlety to knock off all the guards.

Razrback16
01-22-2012, 05:37 PM
I generally just hire the thief group, climb up on the roof and then you have to get a certain angle on the target before you can "Lure" and then once you do, just be patient. Watch your thieves. The target will not always chase them the same direction so be ready to do some quick running to chase him. The easiest kill is to just do an air assassination as he runs by on a street below you. But you could probably also use recruits or a pistol/crossbow or something.