PDA

View Full Version : ACR lag

turboflange
01-21-2012, 07:00 PM
Hi,

experiencing considerable lag in revelations, maxed all setting out, then dropped down to the bottom, including vsync, AA etc, and the lag was the same.

Also, hard disk seems to be running constantly, as shown in resource manager, while CPU seem to handle it without cause, as with other games.

All drivers are up to date

System:
i5 2500k clocked to 4.3Ghz, checked on prime 95 to run stable, and I tried at the factory 3.3Ghz
Asus GTX 560TI 1MB
8Mhz Ram @ 1600Mhz
WESTERN DIGITAL WD1600 160GB SATA HD WD1600YD-01NVB1

any ideas, can seem to google or find anything on forums relating to this

thanks in advance

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
01-21-2012, 07:22 PM
Please see here http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15912

3. You may also encounter problems due to applications running in the background on your computer system. When playing Ubisoft games, please be sure to close all running background applications before starting your game. You can find the steps for this listed below.

- Open your start menu and look for Run (Win XP), Start search (Win Vista), or Search programs and files (Win 7)
- Delete anything on the Open line that you'll find there, and type in the word MSCONFIG and press the Enter key to bring up the system configuration utility
- Look down the list of startup items (not the tab labeled Startup), and choose Selective Startup (if it is not already selected) (If you don't see this, make sure you've clicked on General, near the top of the window)
- Once you've chosen Selective Startup, uncheck 'Load Startup Items'
- Once you're done here, click Apply & OK, and let it reboot your computer

Try running the game again. If the game loads and seems to be working, the problem is most likely related to one or more programs you have scheduled to load with Windows. You can then revert the settings back the way they were, and in a trial and error fashion, disable some programs using the startup tab (in the msconfig utility) to try to find the culprit.

YazX_
01-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Im experiencing the same problem lately!

at first i thought it was my connection, but when i checked everything from download/upload/ping and tried to play ACB MP, it seems the problem comes from ACR.

really the game is unplayable right now, this thing started 3 days ago.

Again, i tried to play ACB MP and it runs great with no lags at all.

just to explain whats going on.

i join sessions normally and start to play the first couple of mins fine, sometimes the first round, then it freezes up on every kill/stun i do for 5-10 seconds.

Thanks

Vey03
01-26-2012, 05:04 AM
Yep.
As well as that, my frame rates have been jumping around like mad the last few days, it'll go from 20 to 60, and anywhere inbetween. It causes the game to stutter, stop and start, and it doesn't matter what i'm doing, or if in high or low profile.

And yes, ACB runs fine. I have more lag in ACR than i ever did in ACB, and i had terrible lag in ACB to start with.