PDA

View Full Version : Altair stapped

L0rdeKing
01-18-2012, 05:35 PM
There was something that kept bugging since playing the first AC where Al Mualim staps Altair at the start of the game then demoting him even from his abilities and when Altair came to his senses he asked his master about what happened to him but Al Mualim gave him a vague answer then quickly changed the subject --- I wondered if all that was the apple doing and if so how Altair was affected by it at the beginning but not later thoughts??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqDuPAiEQtI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqDuPAiEQtI

LightRey
01-18-2012, 06:02 PM
Most likely the apple. It's really the only thing that could create such an intricate illusion and it seems like that would be an ideal point for Al Mualim to try it out.

L0rdeKing
01-18-2012, 10:15 PM
then why he wasn't affected with it on the second time could it be that he developed some kind of immunity or awakened a dormant ability to resist its illusion afterwards

naran6142
01-18-2012, 10:59 PM
then why he wasn't affected with it on the second time could it be that he developed some kind of immunity or awakened a dormant ability to resist its illusion afterwards

Nothing is true, Everything is permitted

His understanding of the creed (plus his hybrid DNA) allowed him to, tho not completely, resist the effect of the apple

Now that I think about it, AC1 is deeper than i though it was

Will_Lucky
01-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Well later on he still sees the illusions, such as all his dead enemies and the multiple Al-Mualims. In the end he is just as immune to that particular effect as he was at the start. The difference is he was immune to the ability to be controlled by the Apple, but the illusions were still in his mind.

GlytchMeister
01-18-2012, 11:24 PM
It may be that when his understanding of the Creed reached it's peak, he was able to distinguish Al Mualim's illusions from reality; Not only did he see the world as it truly is, but he also saw the fakery conjured by Al Mualim and was able to separate true from false. This may have been better than not seeing the illusions at all, since they may give an insight on Al Mualim's mind and his tactics, and they also make for a better game.

...weird... just made a (probably bad) connection between him and Desmond. Altair had trouble separating the illusions from the real world. When he figured it out, only a few minutes pass (in-game) before he saves the world.
Desmond's been having issues with the bleeding effect; he couldn't separate the lives of Altair, Ezio, and himself from eachother. He kept seeing images of Ezio's life in Monteriggioni (illusions?) and occasionally said things like "I was here" instead of "Ezio was here" (separating illusion from reality?).
Sorry, just wanted to put that out there. It's probably rubbish from my caffeine-soaked overactive imagination.

L0rdeKing
01-19-2012, 09:04 AM
...weird... just made a (probably bad) connection between him and Desmond. Altair had trouble separating the illusions from the real world. When he figured it out, only a few minutes pass (in-game) before he saves the world.
Desmond's been having issues with the bleeding effect; he couldn't separate the lives of Altair, Ezio, and himself from eachother. He kept seeing images of Ezio's life in Monteriggioni (illusions?) and occasionally said things like "I was here" instead of "Ezio was here" (separating illusion from reality?).
Sorry, just wanted to put that out there. It's probably rubbish from my caffeine-soaked overactive imagination.
Well I think that's really deep but I doubt that ubi-devs went that far - or did they ? - anyway, no one can deny that the connection between desmond and Altair is stronger than ezio's and strange enough all three lost their first love. coincidence ?

LightRey
01-19-2012, 10:35 AM

He's immune to illusions that effectively control his mind, not illusions that make him simply see and feel things that don't exist, as is demonstrated by the final battle between Alta´r and Al Mualim.