PDA

View Full Version : Why does Desmond not have his scar in AC:R

Geist-Hexenjager
01-18-2012, 02:51 PM
I've looked around a bit and didn't see anyone really bring this up. Why does Desmond no longer have his scar in AC:R? Any reason to this. I understand they change the character model, but forgetting the scar seems like a big overlook.

LightRey
01-18-2012, 03:22 PM
He does, actually, and there has been a thread about this. To answer your question, his scar has been significantly thinned, because of the graphics improvements. It is quite hard to find, but if you look very closely at his face in high resolution, you should be able to see it.

Geist-Hexenjager
01-18-2012, 05:41 PM
I searched and didn't see a thread on this. But I have looked in hd (who has standard anymore lol) and looked as close as possible. There is no scar there...and no seperation in facial hair where it should be also.

LightRey
01-18-2012, 06:00 PM
1080p? Because it's really there. As I said it's a lot thinner (same goes for the separation in facial hair).

Geist-Hexenjager
01-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Yup 1080p, I just dont see it. I just don't see any scar at all. Even if it is there, whey would they make it so hard to even see? I thought it was at first because of the whole Animus issue, but even at the end...nothing.

LightRey
01-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Because it's more realistic that way, I suppose. They probably have a story behind the scar too, which could very well explain why it's so thin. And as I said it's very hard to notice.

badgarok725
01-19-2012, 02:40 AM
I don't understand how they can make a "graphical improvement" if they made Desmond look like Adam Sandler and Ezio almost unrecognizable. They kept Altair's same face until he was 82, but Ezio somehow changes dramatically from 40 to 50

SleezeRocker
01-19-2012, 07:27 AM
I think it's because Desmonds face has changed because of the new facial animation they used in ACR..hell I barely tell it and I run on 720P (my TV is 720p native and even it did 1080, usually unless turly supported it will automaticaly use 720 on AC). Also Demsonds face is plastered on nearly every male NPC in ACR -_-

As for standard, not everyone can afford HDTV's so be mindful of that ;)

LordWolv
01-19-2012, 08:26 AM
Just listen to LightRey. For God's sake.
He's right, and you're wrong.

LightRey
01-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Well those opinions about the graphics of you guys are very interesting, but let's put our focus back on the scar.

As I said, it's very hard to see even in HD, and it's changed significantly from before, which in part could very well be because the face model hadn't changed at all up until ACR, but it's definitely there.

PurpleHaze1980
01-19-2012, 12:17 PM
Scar or not, I couldn't even TELL it was Desmond in the trailer. I was like..."who the hell is that?!". The new animation is lovely (especially on my 40 inch LED) but the characters all felt like strangers even with the same voices.

CkSwtos
01-19-2012, 01:15 PM
I saw an interview by EscoBlades, with the script writters, and he asked about the change on Desmond's face.... They answered that they used a new animation "scanner" to transform the model's face to animation and he was changed and the scanning was more realistic that the previus one so that's about his change. As about the scar, I don't think it's not there, it's a bond with Ezio and Altair ( :P ) so I don't think they would have deleted it... I haven't thought of checking it as I didn't notice it but I guess it's there :P

LordWolv
01-19-2012, 08:18 PM
It is there. It's absolutely, and entirely there.
It's not exactly standing out, but it is absolutely and entirely there. If someone argues again I'm just going to really laugh at you.

LightRey
01-19-2012, 10:15 PM
It is there. It's absolutely, and entirely there.
It's not exactly standing out, but it is absolutely and entirely there. If someone argues again I'm just going to really laugh at you.

Yay! Confirmation from someone else than my brother.