PDA

View Full Version : Will Getting a vanilla copy of ACR invalidate my Sig. Edition bonuses?

Lantrozous
01-16-2012, 09:04 PM
So long story short, my Signature Edition disc got scratched up, and can't be read anymore. I was just wondering if anyone has entered a code from an exclusive bonus and had it remain after switching from a pre-order disc to a regular one.

Kavulus
01-16-2012, 11:20 PM
All downloadable content and saves are saved on the console, not the disc (not sure about how it is for PC). As long as you're using the same console, it doesn't matter which disc is in it.

Lantrozous
01-17-2012, 01:46 AM
All downloadable content and saves are saved on the console, not the disc (not sure about how it is for PC). As long as you're using the same console, it doesn't matter which disc is in it.

Good to know, seeing as how I used codes for the Vlad mission, Ezio's Turkish Assassin Armor, the Armor of Brutus, Altair's Robes, and the Doctor, Jester, and Crusader multiplayer characters. So even things like the online pass will be retained?

Kavulus
01-17-2012, 02:11 PM
Good to know, seeing as how I used codes for the Vlad mission, Ezio's Turkish Assassin Armor, the Armor of Brutus, Altair's Robes, and the Doctor, Jester, and Crusader multiplayer characters. So even things like the online pass will be retained?

Yupe.

Lantrozous
01-19-2012, 03:25 AM
Okay, after talking with a Ubisoft customer service rep, it seems the codes are actually linked to your uPlay account, so I should be golden.

jmk1999
01-19-2012, 05:30 AM
yeah... and just an fyi... all the discs are pretty much the same game. the bonuses are merely additional dlc and unlockables not associated with the actual game disc. this is why they come as an insert card, not actually embedded in the disc's data. by just throwing in extra content into a game box rather than making a unique disc, it saves on production that way. :)

SleezeRocker
01-19-2012, 07:21 AM
Yeah man as long as you using same console (with the addons downloaded/registered to your account) any copy of ACr is good. Only you may not be able to play AC1 from the ACR Sig/limited copies so fair warning about that

jmk1999
01-20-2012, 09:02 PM
@ SleezeRocker:
I have removed your avatar for being too large. Until further notice, please adhere to the previous forum avatar guidelines.