PDA

View Full Version : UPlay Passport

tjbyrum1
01-15-2012, 07:48 PM
I bought my game on the day of release and got a "UPlay Passport" with it.

Here is what is on it:

"Your free Uplay Passport code will unlock unlimited access to the online multiplayer portion of Assassin's Creed Revelations, as well as exclusive Uplay content, tips, and more."

Am I reading/taking this the wrong way?

"...UNLIMITED ACCESS TO THE ONLINE MULTIPLAYER PORTION..."

If that is so, why can I not play multiplayer? I thought this Passport was a way I could play online multiplayer with Revelations without having to have Gold Membership? What does it mean by 'unlimited access'?

MrJLBoyyy
01-15-2012, 09:40 PM
Basically, you have access to the Multiplayer, but you still need an XBOX LIVE Gold account to access any kind of multiplayer features (or other parts of Gold membership such as the ability to go into party chats). So that means that your Silver account does not have permission from XBOX LIVE to play multiplayer, even though you have permission from the Ubisoft servers.

If that doesn't make sense, lemme try breaking it down this way:

You need Gold Membership in order to play online portions of anything, so not having Gold doesn't let you play online.

If you don't have the UPlay pass but have Gold membership, you won't be able to play on the Assassin's Creed Revelations servers, meaning that if you want to play multiplayer, you'd have to buy the game new (which you did, except you don't have a Gold Account).