PDA

View Full Version : What would be a good age to start of the next game?

Azula2005
01-15-2012, 05:26 PM
AC2: Ezio 17-29
ACB: Ezio 29-48
ACR: Ezio 48-52

i totally CAN believe that at 52 he can still do what he always does

but after that then i don't really think so..

so the next game the Assassin will be within 52-17

how old should he/she be?

sorry for bad English.

kriegerdesgottes
01-15-2012, 05:41 PM
I think it should be like AC2 was again if not even younger. I think 17 is about a good age to start.

naran6142
01-15-2012, 08:30 PM
Ya like between 17 - 25

Ezio's old age was epic because we saw him grow into it, so to start off old is a bad idea to me

SixKeys
01-16-2012, 03:10 AM
I don't think it really matters. The characterization is what's important. If the story calls for a younger person, let it be a younger person. If it's about an older, more experienced assassin, I'm fine with that too.

LordWolv
01-16-2012, 07:09 AM
I think there should be a more 'teenager' start. Even if it's only about 30 minutes worth, I'd really like to see something from the Assassin's childhood, which could then revisit later in the game, like 'flashes' of memories of traumatic times in his/her childhood. I agree that I really want to see this Assassin grow old as Ezio and Altair did, as I really enjoyed it. That said, I guess I don't really want anything too repetitive. If it just comes out with another assassin, in another time period, his adventure starting at 18 and ending at around 50.. I honestly think it would be too repetitive. I hope they do something quite different.

RzaRecta357
01-17-2012, 03:22 AM
I'm hoping we don't have a hey this guy doesn't know about the order thing going on though. I'd like for him to be a well established member this time right from the get go.

dxsxhxcx
01-17-2012, 03:33 PM
I think there should be a more 'teenager' start. Even if it's only about 30 minutes worth, I'd really like to see something from the Assassin's childhood

I agree with you, maybe playing a little with the ancestor as a child or a teenager like you said and then having the first contact with the order like seeing his father with the Assassin's robes and then asking why he was dressed that way or having the first contact with a PoE and having a vision of some moments of his future being an assassin and then after asking his father (who is an assassin) about that, they would start training him to be an assassin...

I just hope they don't decide to kill the ancestor's family like they did with Ezio just to trigger the events that will make the next ancestor become an assassin, I want something different in AC3...

LightRey
01-17-2012, 03:42 PM
Tbh, I'd like it more if they did something like they did in AC1. I don't want to spend an entire sequence of finding out you're an Assassin and/or training to become one.

kriegerdesgottes
01-17-2012, 05:48 PM
I think it's important to start the story at an earlier time in the character's life in order to make the character more relatable. If you see the character being born and watch parts of his/her childhood like we did with Ezio then I feel like it makes that character more significant and it gives you the feeling that you know the character better. AC1, as great as it was, should have done more of this and there was potential to fix this a little with Revelations but it didn't happen unless you count the Secret Crusade which gives more insight on Altair's young life. I would be surprised if Ubisoft did that again though. I think they learned their lesson with Altair that the story needs to start relatively early in the character's life.

rileypoole1234
01-17-2012, 10:06 PM
I think if we start at the same age as Ezio in AC2(around 17) that would be fine. I think starting at the age of Ezio in ACR or even ACB would be bad.

mustash
01-18-2012, 01:44 AM
I will go against the grain and say, i'd very much prefer we play as an already able assassin, maybe in his late 20's or early 30's. I'm thinking we join this ancestor part way into his/her life and then something happens, perhaps their partner is murdered, perhaps the country is invaded and something tragic happens ,whatever (it has to be dictated by the conspiracy of the time). In this way, we won't be left wanting too much out of this new ancestor, but it leaves it open for a prologue spin-off if the demand is there. It also prevents us doing the whole young and care-free to wiser, older mentor thing we had going on with Ezio. It'll feel fresh, like joining Altair in Solomons temple (forgive me, I can't remember if this is how AC1 actually starts off, been a while).

We already know of the order of Assassins so we don't need to pretend we know nothing of it 4 games in. I'm personally hoping for a character who wants nothing to do with the Assassin-Templar war, perhaps a peasant/beggar type who finds himself/herself dragged into the conflict but tries to maintain a double life, one with the assassins, one with his family.

GlytchMeister
01-18-2012, 02:08 AM
Not all customers know the backstory on the the Assassins and the war. A lot of people I know in real life started with AC2, and a fair few started with ACB and even ACR. Because of this, Ubisoft pretty much has to shove at least a small history lesson to either bring these backwards players up to speed or at the very least let them know that they've started with the wrong game.

As far as my preference, I'm not too sure. Almost every game I've got starts out with the playable character in their adult life, and more often than not already somewhat experienced, or the equivalent thereof. AC2 was a novel approach, something I haven't really seen too often, with the exception of Fable, which in itself is a little odd in terms of games. (I think Link starts out young, right? Not really sure there...)

If Ubi uses the "start young, grow old" thing, they risk repeating Ezio. If they have the next assassin start en medias res, they risk repeating both a majority of the gaming world and Altair. And starting old isn't a very smart move, unless they switch to the offspring of the first, older playable character (like playing as Giovanni, then swapping to Ezio).

I don't really know what I want in this respect, and I have no idea what the wisest choice would be for Ubisoft.

mustash
01-18-2012, 02:30 AM
Oh, i'm not suggesting that the newbies get no backstory, just that emphasis on "welcome to AC, here is 3 sequences of tutorials to get you going" *glares at AC:R* is reduced quite a bit. It's a balancing act to be sure but I'd rather join the ancestor already initiated into the orders secrets and methods, then having to bumble about and wait for the story to begin again. Uncharted does this well, the tutorial is so seamlessly integrated into the story that it's barely noticable. A number of other games make their tutorial system for new players enjoyable for both new and longterm fans.

I agree that a lot of games have you join the character in their adult life, i'd rather not have a sense of de ja vu playing a new ancestor. The only novel thing I can think of presently, is having someone incredibly poor finding himself in the middle of a conspiracy. We've played the part of someone born into the order who knew nothing else. We've played a man of nobility turn into an assassin. I think someone who is poor and has a hard life would be interesting to play. Swapping between someone passing on their legacy to their child would indeed be a good way of doing this. Or by way of starting out as the old man, passing the torch to the young man who knows nothing of the assassins but bearing some secret that the templars can't know of? Who knows

dxsxhxcx
01-18-2012, 02:42 AM
as long as they don't kill the ancestor's family/friends/someone important in his life to trigger the events to make the ancestor become an assassin I'm fine with whatever they're planning to do in AC3 to justify the ancestor being an assassin, I just don't want another person seeking for vengeance, while I don't mind if they decide to show us part of the life of the ancestor before he become an assassin like they did with Ezio, I agree that start as an Assassin could be more interesting, maybe start having to kill an important person and then being promoted to the rank of Master Assassin, they could also show us part of the ancestor childhood with "represed" memories, similar to the Christina memories in ACB to give us more info about the ancestor and his past...