PDA

View Full Version : !!a temp fix to the forum ordering

caswallawn_2k7
01-14-2012, 09:10 PM
due to the way the forums are ordering they are doing it by alphabetical order making finding new posts a hassle.

to see the latest posts scroll to the very bottom of the forum list you will see some option, select sort by last post date and select descending order then hit show threads, this will order the threads the way they should be but it will reset every time you reload the forum list.

this fix will work till someone on the web team can be bothered to set it to the normal default or at least make it so the damn option will save.

dAnNyKiLlZ
01-14-2012, 10:15 PM
Thanks this helped me a lot. (was too lazy to try descending order till I saw this lol)

YuurHeen
01-14-2012, 10:23 PM
you can also click twice on "last post by" above the topics.

MaKaVeLiTL
01-15-2012, 04:11 AM
Ubisoft are useless, other forums can switch "technologies" in less than a day and it took ubi about a week with delays and it's still crap.

kriegerdesgottes
01-15-2012, 04:45 AM
What a hassle this is. Thanks for the info though caswallawn. That really helps.

LordWolv
01-15-2012, 08:41 AM
This would be fine, but unfortunately once you navigate from the page and then travel back it's defaulted to the alphabetical ascending order again. I've got around this problem by bookmarking the forums in the order I like (as explained here) and every time I want to get back to the forum mainscreen, I just click the icon on my bookmark bar and I'm seeing the order I like without having to go through all the options again. I recommend you all do this, it's really helped me and I'm sure it'll help you too.

Ubi-Natehawke
01-18-2012, 10:48 AM
I've fixed the forum to sort according to Last Post Time in Descending order by default. You shouldn't have any more issues with this.

If anyone does come across a sub-forum that doesn't sort threads correctly, please just shoot me a PM and I'll have it fixed asap.