PDA

View Full Version : Lack of message system in ACR MP PC

Vey03
01-14-2012, 01:04 PM
I've written to support about the lack of a message system in PC ACR MP, and as per usual, they can't do anything, don't care, whatever. They told me to post a thread on the forums where a moderator can pass it further to devs.

I don't know why this feature was left out of the ACR. There is no way to communicate at all, apart from sending someone a friend invite.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, if a mod is reading this, can you please escalate this further? It's just another annoying problem that is making ACR not fun at all.

AntiChrist7
01-14-2012, 01:24 PM
To be fair, i only used the Brotherhood message system to flip off people who were particulary annoying. didnt have to do it much. but in revelations there was one guy who, despite being teammates kept bumping into me because i had killed him so many times in the previous game (artefact assault). Too bad there wasnt a message system, cause he was also dutch

Jcpangs
01-14-2012, 03:32 PM
how about voice? you could talk and shout at them

ShadyXL
01-14-2012, 04:18 PM
It would be nice to have a messaging option in-game.
Like, press ENTER, and type whatever you want, and it'll show up in a message box for everyone in your team/game.

SixKeys
01-14-2012, 04:25 PM
It would be nice to have a messaging option in-game.
Like, press ENTER, and type whatever you want, and it'll show up in a message box for everyone in your team/game.

No, chat wouldn't work in a game like this where you constantly have to be on your toes (listening to whispers, watching NPCs movements etc.). I do miss the messaging system from ACB though.

thornebrook
01-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Echoing the need for an in-game message system for the PC version. I miss being able to send a simple note to random people that I enjoyed playing with in-game.

AntiChrist7
01-14-2012, 09:17 PM
hi thornebrook, how are you? :) you are the clear leader in my friends list with 111 :p

Vey03
01-15-2012, 04:46 AM
I hate having no message system. Along with not being able to play with friends on teams, ACR on PC is really a solo game. It's not fun at all.
Not everyone has mics, or is part of something like XFire. I would love to be able to message my friend and tell them to stop sending me invites because the damn game refuses to let me connect. I can't do that through a mic. And when i keep getting invites, it just lags the game even more than usual, and i can't do anything about it, because i can't tell my friend i can't join. And i don't want them to think i'm ignoring them. And it ends up, i'm inviting them, they're inviting me, and niether of us can join, but have no way to communicate that. Even to say "hi" to friends i can't play with would be nice.
Thorne, yeah, I also used to like sending people a "good game" message when i played with a good teammate.

thornebrook
01-15-2012, 07:59 AM
@Mouse03: Yeah, it blows when someone invites you and you can't join him/her, but have no way of telling that other person. Then it just looks like you're snubbing him/her. :(

With regard to communicating during a session, as previously said, not everyone has a microphone and some people are far too shy/self-conscious for it. I think a keyboard-based chat system might work but only to a degree--as SixKeys mentioned, you constantly have to be on your toes, and from playing with friends with third-party chat programs like Steam or XFire, we usually only get to talk when we get stunned or killed, or when we're chilling in a blend group with no whispers. This is usually enough for us, though.

@AntiChrist7: Hey there! That's very kind of you to say, thank you. I'm not the leader in mine though, haha. Too many people kick *** in this game. XD Hope you've been having fun!

AntiChrist7
01-15-2012, 01:47 PM
Yeah im having great fun with the MP. just mamanged to pass Dimonoud on the list so now i have 101, by defeating his record for corruption by 40 points :p. how do you send a challenge btw to someone? here you dare them to improve your score?

Downside is that last two games i played, i suddenly had a huge glitch where i was stuck underneath the map

Anykeyer
01-15-2012, 04:35 PM
I dont know what Ubisoft was thinking. Voice chat is not enough because it only works in sessions.

@AntiChrist7
Good job, He has 34 points in my friend list, and I have 116 lol
You dont send dares, this is automated process. And if I'm right only the one who was just above you before will recieve dare notification, even if you passed several people.

AntiChrist7
01-15-2012, 04:44 PM
thanks anykeyer, too bad you cant send them personally. And i supose there is also no way of deleting them? cause i have this dare to improve a tutorial score... im not gonna waste time on that

Anykeyer
01-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Dares auto-dissappear after full week