PDA

View Full Version : Maple Ridge Wind Farm - Assassins Creed 3

Unbuhleevaball
01-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Just thought I'd like to share what I've found to you guys (this forum seems to be quiet as a mouse, but oh well!), regarding the location of AC3. The co ordinates obtained from the Da Vinci Disappearance was pretty cool, and is obviously the location of the Grand Temple, as highlighted by the ending of Assassins Creed: Revelations. This thread is basically confirming that they are at the co ordinates obtained from the Da Vinci Disappearance.

The Maple Ridge Wind Farm is located really near the co ordinates given, and could easily be the place where they set up their new den, possibly inside one of the wind turbines. Maple Ridge Wind Farm is the largest Wind Farm in New York and has 195 Vesta Model Wind Turbines.

So yeah, it's nothing really, just thought it was cool how Ubi use real historical events in their games and now they are recreating the Wind Farm from New York!

Another thing I'd like to mention briefly is something that Desmond says during Desmond's Journey, Part 1: Doubts:

"Home. I was born here. The Farm. Yeah. They called it the Farm. My parents, two dozen couples, some kids. A community. Hidden away. Small houses in the black hills. Right. Clear skies. Wood smoke, wind, and the stink of gasoline. Generators running day and night. I remember. We lived simply, almost like nomads. So far from everything. Ready to pack up and go at the drop of a hat. If we were discovered. If THEY found us. The Farm. It wasn't much of one was it? Not a proper farm. We grew some food. I don't remember any animals though. Maybe a few dogs..."

I know that Desmond was born and raised in South Dakota, but I thought it was interesting! Lol.

GLHS
01-14-2012, 02:28 PM
I see what you're saying, and maybe they visit it or something, but I'm not too sure I agree. Btw, the forums are quite cuz they just came back up online from maintenance after like a week and a half. So things are kinda slow to start again. Anyway, what you're saying is totally possible, but I don't really agree b/c it would be way too dangerous for them to set up basically right next to the Grand Temple. It's like basically putting a sign outside of it saying "Grand Temple is here." I think they're just gonna do what they gotta do and get out. Since Desmond, The Apple, and William are all in the same place, they are in immense danger and under a lot pressure. I don't think they would be making a semi-permanent safe-house so close, IMO.

Unbuhleevaball
01-15-2012, 03:49 PM
Yeah I guess so, but the Wind Farm is around a mile from the Temple, so you never know. Also, the Templars might have to use Desmond to open it or w/e. It's all speculation!

LightRey
01-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Don't think the Templars know about the location of the Grand Temple. They have been looking for it for centuries, so they would've secured the place rather than letting the Assassins get there without interference.

Also, the only people we know of that knew of the location of the Grand Temple were Jupiter, Juno, Minerva, Ezio (but he didn't know the meaning of the symbols) and Desmond & Co.

Since the Templars obviously didn't know about the location of Ezio's apple, they will not have found out the coordinates at the end of the Da Vinci Disappearance, so I see no reason to assume they found out in any other way (since TWCB don't seem to want them, or anyone else but Desmond & Co.) to know).

ddAltairbb
01-20-2012, 06:42 AM
no no he's completely right. spoilers.......................................... .................................................. .....at the end of revelations we find out the grand temple was under a tri-statue of Minerva, Juno, and Jupiter which eventually, when destroyed, became to what appeared to be a rock formation on the grounds of the maple ridge wind farm.

LightRey
01-20-2012, 11:27 AM
no no he's completely right. spoilers.......................................... .................................................. .....at the end of revelations we find out the grand temple was under a tri-statue of Minerva, Juno, and Jupiter which eventually, when destroyed, became to what appeared to be a rock formation on the grounds of the maple ridge wind farm.

That doesn't mean that the Templars know, which is what we're discussing. We already know that the Grand Temple is there.