PDA

View Full Version : Where do you want AC3 to be located?

Legendz54
01-14-2012, 02:17 AM
I personally Want it near Egypt,Greece,Middle east even India Around those types of places.

mattahleen
01-20-2012, 04:35 AM
What is it with people? NO, the next ancestor will have to be 200 years after ezio and 200 years before desmond(1700). Clues are a. left and b. Desmond is not asian, russian, indian. Anyway knowing ubisoft, we will only get five short memories with this guy. Let's hope we do not only get a few missions outside of new york.

Ep1c_C00k135
01-20-2012, 04:38 AM
What if Desmond was a memory himself? Think about it if Desmond were a program in the animus, create an entirely new character to be the focal point 700 years in the future or something. Think on it.

Assassin_M
01-20-2012, 01:17 PM
What if Desmond was a memory himself? Think about it if Desmond were a program in the animus, create an entirely new character to be the focal point 700 years in the future or something. Think on it.
well.........errrrrr......... NO:rolleyes:

sourcekv92
01-20-2012, 03:13 PM
It could be located in Serbia actually...
First it was middle east, then it was Italy... Balkans is just between these two...
and some parts were in Turkey, and Serbia was under Turkey for 500 years, it should logically be located in Serbia...

D.I.D.
01-20-2012, 03:42 PM
What is it with people? NO, the next ancestor will have to be 200 years after ezio and 200 years before desmond(1700). Clues are a. left and b. Desmond is not asian, russian, indian. Anyway knowing ubisoft, we will only get five short memories with this guy. Let's hope we do not only get a few missions outside of new york.

Not at all. They can jump closer to today, or go further back than they ever have. Any period in history is up for grabs.

I would vote for doing Victorian England, except:

Ubisoft is under the impression Nolan North can do London accents. He cannot. They let him do his bizarre half-**** Van ****, half-Australian hybrid as Penguin, and cloth-eared American gamers praised him for it. My whole thrill of beating Penguin wasn't that I'd beaten the character, but that I'd won the right not to hear that abomination of an accent again.

I'm happy to wait for the next gen for England so that the graphics can be as good as possible. They can give me somewhere else I don't want quite as badly for now.

Kaxen6
01-20-2012, 08:14 PM
1920s Hollywood, for purely irrational reasons.

SixKeys
01-20-2012, 08:18 PM
I would vote for doing Victorian England, except:

Ubisoft is under the impression Nolan North can do London accents. He cannot. They let him do his bizarre half-**** Van ****, half-Australian hybrid as Penguin, and cloth-eared American gamers praised him for it. My whole thrill of beating Penguin wasn't that I'd beaten the character, but that I'd won the right not to hear that abomination of an accent again.

Why does that matter in an AC game? Nolan North voices Desmond, not one of his ancestors. He didn't try to do a fake Italian accent in previous games, either (except as a joke).

Edit: Also, Ubisoft wasn't in charge of the Batman games. :p

naran6142
01-20-2012, 09:19 PM
i think i would be ok with any location but i would like to see a time period that is before ezios time or even before altair

KingJoe757
01-20-2012, 09:35 PM
I personally would like to visit Rome in the years of it's glory e.g. 50 b.c - 100 a.d, but they have visited Rome when it was falling apart so they won't do that.

Next on my list would be France during the French Revolution, which is likely as it sits between Ezio's time and Desmond's time

LightRey
01-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Why does that matter in an AC game? Nolan North voices Desmond, not one of his ancestors. He didn't try to do a fake Italian accent in previous games, either (except as a joke).

Exactly. No point can be found.

kriegerdesgottes
01-20-2012, 10:52 PM

lol well I love your honesty at least that it's irrational. My vote is still for late 18th century France.

LightRey
01-20-2012, 11:33 PM

Lol, as if rational reasons ever existed anyways.

Acrimonious_Nin
01-21-2012, 01:57 AM
anytime after the 17th century ...im kinda hoping for a new "modern" scenery . I say dump the robes of olden times i would like to see a more modern painting of the assassins vs templar / treasure hunt atmosphere ! :D like 18th -20th century england,france,or russia...

Kaxen6
01-21-2012, 08:20 AM
Lol, as if rational reasons ever existed anyways.

I suppose. Well, I just say 1920s because of Buster Keaton @_@

SlimeDynamiteD
01-21-2012, 08:28 AM
I suppose. Well, I just say 1920s because of Buster Keaton @_@
How about a bit later with Frank Sinatra and Mr. Bojangles (Sammy Davis Jr.) :D

D.I.D.
01-21-2012, 10:29 AM

Oops. Well I fouled up there! ... wb.... ubisoft... what's the difference... gigantic really...

North did double as Abbas and Desmond in AC1, so my fears aren't entirely unfounded. To be fair to him, he is good at transforming his voice - he can give it completely different textures and ages - and obviously he's a good voice actor, and all of this is why he's often been given multiple roles in the same game. However, if I hear his idea of Cockney again I will go nuts.

crash3
01-21-2012, 06:58 PM

Would be a good way of being able to continue the AC series after AC3 I like your idea-the never ending secret war between templars and assassins

Anyway I think good places to explore would be England/France 1500AD onwards, Ancient Rome/Greece 500BC onwards

EscoBlades
01-21-2012, 07:28 PM
Anywhere that isn't Egypt! Seriously Ubi...do not set the game in Egypt! :P

De Filosoof
01-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Anywhere that isn't Egypt! Seriously Ubi...do not set the game in Egypt! :P
Why not? Can you explain please? i personally think egypt could be a great AC setting with a nice eerie atmosphere (something that's really important to me in AC games)
WW 2, that would just SUCK!! Totally wrong for the AC atmosphere. I personally hope AC3 will be set in the french revolution. And they better get the mystery and glyphs back in AC3 :).

Kaxen6
01-21-2012, 09:08 PM
How about a bit later with Frank Sinatra and Mr. Bojangles (Sammy Davis Jr.) :D

Oh. Frank Sinatra, also good!

AlexJTolley
01-21-2012, 09:16 PM
In my personal opinion I would love it to be set in Ancient Rome. It really disappointed me in Brotherhood when I was exploring Roma and all the best Roman buildings were in ruins. It was not as enjoyable as it could. There could be so many interesting places and buildings to climb, more than in any other AC games.

Ancient Rome would also be a perfect place to explore more deeply into the origins of Assassins and Templars, given how feudal society was back then. I'm not certain at which point during the Roman Empire it should be set, but I had thought a plot line where Ceasar could have been an Assassin and Marcus Brutus and the other senators would be the Templars, and the main story could have revolved around the assassination. Just a thought.

Given how rich the history was back then, the possibilites for plots is almost limitless. Also as there have always been links between Ceasar and Cleopatra the story could go to Egypt at sometime so setting a whole game in Egypt would be slightly redundant imo.

It is what I would want anyway.

playassassins1
01-22-2012, 12:27 AM
At the end of ACR Desmond was in in New York, and has to find a way to get in to the Grand Temple. So he probably has to relive memories of one ancestor that had something to do with Grand Temple. So I'm thinking that it will take place around New York. But i could be wrong.

De Filosoof
01-22-2012, 03:13 AM
At the end of ACR Desmond was in in New York, and has to find a way to get in to the Grand Temple. So he probably has to relive memories of one ancestor that had something to do with Grand Temple. So I'm thinking that it will take place around New York. But i could be wrong.

Maybe we will visit France and America.
First half in France and the second half in America maybe. I think that would be pretty neat.
An assassin trying to gather information in the french revolution about the grand temple (just like ezio found out one of the temples was beneath the colloseum) and discovering it's in New York.
I think it would make sense because New York didn't had many big buildings to climb at that time. So maybe it's a smaller portion of the game, like Cappadocia in AC:R.
Maybe we will even play as different assassins trying to gather information about the grand temple.

Locopells
01-22-2012, 03:35 AM
And here we go again...