PDA

View Full Version : Can't even begin to read this tiny type.

ElAurens
01-13-2012, 11:59 PM
So is there a setting to make the whole forum larger? And I can't see the curser either.:mad:

VW-IceFire
01-14-2012, 12:28 AM
It's definitely busy...too many bright and dark bits and pieces next to each other. The text is very small. Does nobody understand usability?

At least the forum technology itself seems to be quite a bit better.

Crazy_Goanna
01-14-2012, 01:06 AM
Considering many of use are older and need glasses at times it was not a good font choice- I know its a work in progress but font size is pretty basic and important

RS_Deacon
01-14-2012, 01:42 AM
Hold in the control key and spin the wheel on your mouse...should increase/decrease the font size.

AndyJWest
01-14-2012, 01:58 AM
Or ctrl-minus and ctrl-plus to change the size: ctrl-zero to reset to default. This is standard behaviour on all browsers.

x6BL_Brando
01-14-2012, 02:17 AM
What's more - whatever size you increase it to, it will restart at that setting every time whether you are logged in or not.

B

Crazy_Goanna
01-14-2012, 05:24 AM
What's more - whatever size you increase it to, it will restart at that setting every time whether you are logged in or not.

B
Thanks

JtD
01-14-2012, 10:18 AM
These looks suck for many reasons. Sure hope there will be more options in the near future.

AnaK774
01-14-2012, 10:38 AM
UGBSM is first reaction to this forum look, options would be appreciated

Tully__
01-14-2012, 12:28 PM
Forum look is a work in progress. The forum content was migrated but the old forum settings were not. Now that the migration team has finished, the Ubi UK forum team will start customising the look and feel of the new forums. A priority has been placed on default font size across all the forums ;)

Beirut
01-14-2012, 08:17 PM
I'm using binoculars.

Bearcat99
01-15-2012, 03:28 AM
These colors are also hard on the eyes .. at least mine.. The contrast of the black & white is very taxing .. Whoever designed this this was not thinking very clearly ... As it is now .. it is "pretty" if you want to look at it and not spend much time here...

WTE_Galway
01-15-2012, 11:35 PM
On a related note, I have tried to get the yellow car, cute girl on the skateboard and the feral rabbit thing to show up in my IL2 without success :D Are these options "mods" ?

Testus01
01-17-2012, 03:11 PM
I used to get weekly messages from people I subscribed to, like Bearcat here above or dear K2; with this black forum
everything is gone, subscription to people option when clicking their name included. Any hint on this? Thanks!

danjama
01-18-2012, 02:59 AM
Our beloved smilies are gone. FU Ubi. I'm now never using smilies again, in defiance of the stupid new software.

Please, accept apologies in advance for any minunderstandings of feelings, due to the above.

berg417448
01-18-2012, 04:15 AM
Our beloved smilies are gone. FU Ubi. I'm now never using smilies again, in defiance of the stupid new software.Please, accept apologies in advance for any minunderstandings of feelings, due to the above.They appear to be still there for me::o:):( but only 4 are allowed?

AndyJWest
01-18-2012, 05:42 AM
I expect Ubi will make more available as downloadable content. :p

Actually, I'd like to steal some from the RoF forum:
http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae65/ajv00987k/RoF-Smilies.jpg

Nice...

Tully__
01-18-2012, 10:38 AM
I used to get weekly messages from people I subscribed to, like Bearcat here above or dear K2; with this black forum
everything is gone, subscription to people option when clicking their name included. Any hint on this? Thanks!
For threads: In your settings (link at the top of the page): General Settings - Messaging and Notification section there's a dropdown list of how you wish to subscribe to threads you've posted in.
For people you wish to track, I'm afraid you're going to have to do it manually. Again in your settings page, Friends and Contacts, add the people you're interested as a Friend or Contact (the former will result in them being asked to verify, the latter is your secret). Then from your friends and contact list you can quickly open each profile then click the Find Recent Posts link in their profile left hand menu.

Not as neat as you're accustomed to but it will serve.

Testus01
01-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Thanks Tully, I'm sorry this new UBI galactic federation forum happened without notice or explanation, and less service; but there is maybe a bigger picture, beside business, that I don't see. All the best.

RickRuski
01-19-2012, 09:08 AM
For those using IE and wish to have bigger font try the tools, there is an option to increase/decrease the page print. I am running this forum ar 125% and don't have any problems with reading posts. Guess Firefox etc will have similar tools functions.

RickRuski

Heliopause
01-19-2012, 10:55 AM
test
test
test

Mmmm.... size 5 looks ok. I will stick with that me think.

Hey... 11 smileys :cool: (bit vague though)

DKoor
01-20-2012, 01:27 AM
Test. original
Test. 2
Test. 3
Test. 4

Either 2 or 3... maybe 2,5 would work best. :rolleyes: (this sentence is larger than original - it's 2)
Either 2 or 3... maybe 2,5 would work best. :rolleyes: (this sentence is larger than original - it's 3)

As it is 3 would be most definitely fine for everyone.
Original (size=1) is just silly, but issue is so easy to fix.