PDA

View Full Version : It is finally here!! 4.11 is OUT!!

Bearcat99
01-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Patch 4.11 has been officially released by 1C!!

Remember .. this is a patch of the stock sim. Don't try to install it over a modded version or you will have problems.

4.11 Patch Released!! (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29039)

Gamekeeper1961
01-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Patch 4.11 has been officially released by 1C!!

Daidalos :)

Bearcat99
01-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Oops.. but uhh.. WHATEVER!!!! It's here!! LOL.. :)

Treetop64
01-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Glad it's out, and happy to download it, though there is a major CTD bug with it. Something apparently happened between finishing testing and compiling, as it didn't occur during testing.

berg417448
01-14-2012, 03:06 PM
The CTD sucks! I can only play for about 5 minutes and then CRASH! Hope they get this fixed soon.

lasol
01-14-2012, 09:10 PM
Hotfix:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=379699

Bearcat99
01-14-2012, 09:42 PM
Wow ... I remember when a patch thread would have been about 7 pages by this time...

Metatron_123
01-14-2012, 11:36 PM
Does anyone have any comments on the new AI?
Also screenshots! Where are they?!

I'm abstaining until we have a mod version.

megalopsuche
01-14-2012, 11:41 PM
My comment: The overheats seem way overdone. It's nice to see some attention to engine mechanics, but this implementation is unconvincing.

Jure_502
01-15-2012, 01:09 PM
I'm enjoying new patch very much, new overheating features are a demanding factor, especially when in combat.
AI's gunnery is improved, liking that.

Taking the Pe-8 on a ride:

http://shrani.si/f/1a/11n/18FIuXeB/pe81.jpg

Two single missions with a newly flyable Pe-8 are fun, bombing Helsinki in the night raid in early 1944.

http://shrani.si/f/1C/Rv/2b6hsfz4/pe82.jpg

Great job TD!

thefruitbat
01-15-2012, 02:09 PM
Wow ... I remember when a patch thread would have been about 7 pages by this time...

Well most of the stuffs over at 1c these days, especially as thats where team d hang out.

ElAurens
01-15-2012, 05:22 PM
The overheat whines will be epic.

You will actually have to fly your aircraft in a more realistic way now. Pretty amazing concept huh?

No more turning on the MW 50 and cruising around at 103% throttle till you run out of gas, or the equivalent on Allied planes.

Gaming the game just got harder.

Good.

Skunk_438RCAF
01-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Plus the AI are real killers now. No more "oh shoot, I have an AI plane on my tail, I'll just gently pull up until he runs out of ammo" crap.

Metatron_123
01-16-2012, 12:25 AM
Has anyone experienced a noob ai pilot who panics and bails out without sustaining damage?

arthursmedley
01-16-2012, 01:40 AM
Took the Dora out for a spin around the WarClouds server tonight for old times sake. I'd heard they'd changed the Fm's. Wow, it's subtle but makes a big difference.
Climbs is slightly improved and it seems to retain it's energy much better, especially in the turn. Infact I'd say it turns better, period. Gives you a real chance against the Tempest now, i.e, you've got the option to make three or four turns instead of two before having to concentrate on keeping the speed up.

I completely agree with El regards overheating. The sim will now reward the pilot who is used to juggling prop pitch, revs, manifold pressure, rads and punish the 100% pp, flat out crowd. Over on the Banana forums theres a bit of a dust up going on about the F4U performance being nerfed. I'm not that familiar with this 'plane but I'm quite capable of lifting one off the deck of a carrier with a war load during a squad coop. Tried to take one off in both F4U single missions in 4.11. Hmmmmm.......interesting results. Give them a try and see what you think.

Edit; forgot to add. Like the 6DoF implementation very much indeed. Well done Team D. Good job!

DKoor
01-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Lovely news... it has passed more than a decade and we still play and enjoy this game.
Maybe it ain't like in the golden days but surely it is small miracle for itself that it lasted so long. Regardless of its undeniable quality.
Thanks Team Daidalos for your effort.

Featherbed
01-16-2012, 04:12 PM
My comment: The overheats seem way overdone.

Compared to what? All your hours flying real WWII fighters? I think that if you talk to someone who actually has a good amount of experience as a mechanic or pilot of WWII aircraft you will find that running them at 100% or on WEP was not something the engines could take without the results that patch 4.11 replicates. In many instances when aircraft came back from battle and the wire blocking WEP was broken, then it was no questions asked, the engine was coming out and being replaced. These guys were pushing the limits of technology. During testing of the early B29 bomber the engine spat entire cylinders right through the engine cowling onto the field.

Most people do not have the place to do it anymore, but take some vehicle you own with an internal combustion engine and see how long it will go at full throttle before it overheats, it will be a matter of a few minutes. The best racing engines are usually not run at full throttle for more than a minute or two at most, as the throttle is let off to go around turns etc.. It is a very highly developed engine, or very of very low tune and thus producing very little heat, that can run without overheating in the manner previous patches let us fly this flight sim.

Simmers will welcome the realism patch 4.11 has added, gamers can simply switch it off under difficulty settings.

waffen-79
01-17-2012, 07:17 AM
hi guys, I haven't downloaded the new patch yet..too busy with my clan in World of Tanks eehehe

just two questions:

are the CTD gone?

with those changes to bombs and overheating..are the replays(ntrk) still working?

Falcke
01-17-2012, 01:24 PM
Well none of the worthwhile servers are going to revert to stock, so for the moment its a pretty meaningless patch for anyone that plays online.

berg417448
01-17-2012, 05:00 PM
hi guys, I haven't downloaded the new patch yet..too busy with my clan in World of Tanks eehehe

just two questions:

are the CTD gone?

with those changes to bombs and overheating..are the replays(ntrk) still working?

CTD is gone for me after the fix.

Waffen_79
01-17-2012, 07:17 PM
and what about the tracks mate? are they Ok?

voyager_663rd
01-17-2012, 09:52 PM
I gots to get me FFB. Just tried the new mossy. I love the shakes when 57mm cannon lights up.

I like it.

Bearcat99
01-17-2012, 11:56 PM
Compared to what? All your hours flying real WWII fighters? I think that if you talk to someone who actually has a good amount of experience as a mechanic or pilot of WWII aircraft you will find that running them at 100% or on WEP was not something the engines could take without the results that patch 4.11 replicates. In many instances when aircraft came back from battle and the wire blocking WEP was broken, then it was no questions asked, the engine was coming out and being replaced. These guys were pushing the limits of technology. During testing of the early B29 bomber the engine spat entire cylinders right through the engine cowling onto the field.

Most people do not have the place to do it anymore, but take some vehicle you own with an internal combustion engine and see how long it will go at full throttle before it overheats, it will be a matter of a few minutes. The best racing engines are usually not run at full throttle for more than a minute or two at most, as the throttle is let off to go around turns etc.. It is a very highly developed engine, or very of very low tune and thus producing very little heat, that can run without overheating in the manner previous patches let us fly this flight sim.

Simmers will welcome the realism patch 4.11 has added, gamers can simply switch it off under difficulty settings.

I got news for you .. P-51s used to overheat on the runway while waiting to take off if the outside temps were either too high or the rad was not properly set.. at least according to many of the WWII Mustang pilots I have spoken to and whose books I have read.

AndyJWest
01-18-2012, 12:26 AM
I gots to get me FFB. Just tried the new mossy. I love the shakes when 57mm cannon lights up.

I like it.

Yeah - but note what it says in the new User Guide:

Mosquito XVIII "Tse-Tse"Main gun autoloader is sensitive to side forces. Keep ball centered when firing and during whole recoil and reload, gun may jam otherwise.

It does jam - quite easily. And with no way to clear it, as far as I can see.

I've just noticed this too:

Added working blind landing instrument to Mosquito cockpit

Interesting - needs looking into...

Ba5tard5word
01-18-2012, 02:38 AM
So...how is the AI now? Do they still do constant barrel rolls when you get on their six? That is the main problem I have always had with them, and pretty much the only reason I've preferred mods since UP 2 came out, though UP 3 stupidly abandoned the very good AI mod--I dunno if they ever put it back in.

Also how does the AI deal with overheating? Seems like it would suck if they can still fly at 110% all day long while you're even more constrained by engine management than before...do they have to slow down too to compensate for FEM or do they still just fly at max speed all the time?

Jure_502
01-18-2012, 09:13 AM
AI can now shoot more accurately, now even on Average AI pilot manages to get a few bursts in the opponent (while testing I was flying A6M2, one shot did enough for me).
AI now also shoots (and hits), even if you fly very low.

Ba5tard5word
01-18-2012, 09:22 AM
But what is their behavior in terms of rolling when tailed and in terms of going at max speed at all times like they've always done?

EJGrOst_Caspar
01-18-2012, 11:47 AM
But what is their behavior in terms of rolling when tailed and in terms of going at max speed at all times like they've always done?

Gone. :)

Ba5tard5word
01-18-2012, 09:49 PM
Seriously? Alrighty, torrenting now...

dwagener
01-18-2012, 09:52 PM
What does CTD stand for? OK "Crash to Desktop" got it! Disregard.

S.

dpleus
01-19-2012, 01:02 AM
Seriously? Alrighty, torrenting now...

Haven't seen one never ending roll. Lots of climbing and diving and other evasive maneuvers.

Ba5tard5word
01-19-2012, 02:08 AM
I just flew some missions to see how it is, against notorious cheesemeister AI planes like 109's. The AI is definitely different, which is nice. I saw one plane do some barrel rolls when I got on his six but it was more like he was rolling to the left and then to the right, then he straightened out a bit and I was able to get him. Otherwise the AI seems to sometimes just sit there and let you pound away at them, or they get into a vicious scissors duel with you, which is quite tough. Also seeing some hammerheading including one Ki-43 that I was tailing in a steep climb who then flipped over to dive straight at me...fortunately he didn't fire and just zipped by. Also I've seen two AI planes that I was tailing that got into a stall and started flipping over a bit before recovering, that was cool. One Ki-43 lost control and started flipping around not far above the water, I assumed he was going into the drink but he recovered right before impact and I had to tail him some more.

AndyJWest
01-19-2012, 03:16 AM
Yup, the new AI is certainly much more believable. Took on an 'average' Yak 9D in a late Dora, which should have been a duckshoot, I got him eventually, but if I hadn't known it was AI, I'd have been congratulating the pilot on putting up such a good fight. Seemed to know what my limitations were better than I did, and put up a classic E-maintaining fight. In the end, I managed to nail him from his dead 6 from about 600 m as he tried to outclimb me - probably the first time I'd had him in my sights for more than a second. Trouble was, it wasn't evident that I'd actually hit him, as he peeled off into another dive. I gave chase, expecting more vertical manoeuvring, and only cottoned on that he was going in at the last moment. Pulling out of the dive, a loud bang from somewhere gave me cause for concern, and my landing was a little nervous, as I wondered whether something essential had fallen off. Or was about to... :eek:

Apart from the AI, the 6DoF is a real bonus (just got TrackIR). None of the old problems with the Fw 190 canopy frame blocking the view. I'm tempted to start a new dynamic campaign, just to see how much things have changed. But which one? So many to chose from. Maybe Luftwaffe Eastern front? Might as well start at the beginning. Let's see how well I can do in a Bf 109, as I take on I-16s. I have a suspicion they will put up a good fight... :cool:

Stiletto-
01-19-2012, 07:28 AM
Is it just me or are there a lot of planes that are unflyable now? Seems there are a few aircraft that don't maneuver at all like they used to, that can't take any medium or harder maneuvering. It could just be that I haven't played this game in awhile, but I doubt thats it, as some planes feel exactly the same before.

Also, our planes overheat much easier but trying to keep up with a flight leader in formation is now that much harder. I was doing co-op with a friend so pressing the autopilot key was not an option. Was in a P-39 and it couldn't do more than 75% throttle or so in prolonged flights without overheating. Running the waypoints to the target zone, the action was over well before we arrived. I'm guessing this makes all old missions with prolonged flight times unplayable.

Besides those negative points, I must give praise where its due, with the AI actually flying better once you arrive to the battle, and the PE-8 sure looks nice!

Hoatee
01-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Many thanks for the endless stream of updates to the sim, which is turning out to be a veritable encyclopedia of WWII aircraft. Excellent choice of new planes, etc, etc. don't have time to finish the applause and praise....

P.s. This is a stupendous upgrade.*

I've been virtually flying with no clouds in the way almost exclusively now and with the ai reaction having been redone I can switch them back on again. And also I no longer can send my wingman after the bogeys when I can't see them meself. That's really blowing new life into dogfights. On my tusty nvidia 7600Gs and stereoscopic glasses specks are 2d so the bogeys so far come as somewhat of a surprise.

Adding units of armoured vehicles will save a lot of selecting (4) tanks (at a time) in FMB.....with the Pe8 now flyable, the Soviet Union now is virtually the first with a four engined personal ability to *bomb Berlin to bitz. Ha.

[til mutch layter].

waffen-79
01-20-2012, 08:57 PM
and what about the tracks mate? are they Ok?

Well I was concerned about ntrk/Track(gameplay record) compatibility, so finally got the time to download it and apply the patch/fix and everything works perfectly fine!

It's amazing how no matter the version, 4.07, 4.08, 4.09, 4.10, 4.10.1 it all runs perfectly on 4.11

Of course that traks recorded on online wars and servers like spits vs 109 mod don't work but still.

Legacy tracks didn't work on up3 rc2

capt_frank
01-21-2012, 08:30 PM
So what's the load sequence, over stock 1946? Been a long time for me, thanks, Frank

FoolTrottel
01-22-2012, 11:36 AM
The 4.11 patch needs to be installed over 4.10m, or over 4.10.1m.

VonKlugermon
01-22-2012, 09:43 PM
AI appears to lose it's way through clouds and or seeing through clouds now! If this is true - excellent!

Willy

Woke_Up_Dead
01-23-2012, 10:40 PM
I'm curious how these new features compare with Cliffs of Dover. Can I assume that most of the additions in this and future patches are already features in Cliffs, not including all the planes that did not fly in 1940 of course? Or are there some things that TD rolls out that are not even in Cliffs yet?

thefruitbat
02-02-2012, 12:50 AM
I'm curious how these new features compare with Cliffs of Dover. Can I assume that most of the additions in this and future patches are already features in Cliffs, not including all the planes that did not fly in 1940 of course? Or are there some things that TD rolls out that are not even in Cliffs yet?

Lol, AI at the moment in Cliffs is no where near as good as il2 4.10, let a lone 4.11.

FatCat_99
02-02-2012, 01:29 PM
COD and Il2 are two different games developed by two different teams. There is no code transfer between these two games.