PDA

View Full Version : Artifact Assault MT ST-Michel

OffhandSebbe
01-13-2012, 02:29 PM
Hi Ubi forums.

Ive been playing alot of defending the artifact in AA,
the desynchronization for the lower section of the map named in the topic is ridiculous, i basically have to hug the church wall or stand next to the enemy lines to even get a glimpse of where they are comming from.
Another thing about that section is the amount of buildings it hosts which makes good for aerial kills(when you even get the chance to know where they are) but basically the enemy can sprint through the buildings and narrow paths without even getting the LT trigger marked on them.and their running could easily be followed by an easy teleport back to the enemies base for a score with no chase whatsoever. The buildings in the lower side is also not so strategical for taking the other top side flag back on the rooftops as it is wide open to kill them with animus hack/knives/guns(pick anything basically)

While the desynchronization for the top side seems to be so much closer to the base, and wide open areas for hidden gun/knifes to hit the flag carriers.

I dont know if other people thought about it, but it just seems wrong where the flag is based for the lower side.

I dont have any other complains about the other maps which seems to be pretty even.

thekarlone
01-13-2012, 03:36 PM
I think the players from the lower side have the advantage, specially if they use teleport. Once you have the artifact, you teleport to the front, and go down through the roofs safely, even if you are being pursued by your enemies.

TheMute88ORL
01-13-2012, 03:44 PM
At least you can end up on either side even though when I do play MSM AA I usualy end up on the bottom.

AntiChrist7
01-13-2012, 04:15 PM
The lower side have the advantage that its very easy to defend: all acces roads have a roof next to it, just like the base. And when you have stolen the artefact, you got gravity on your side. its way easier to run down then up. the higher side have the advantege of the church plaza: an awesome place to get hidden kills. just stand in front of the church and wait for them to run in.

knights hospital is worse than MSM. the base in front of the fortress has one big ledge hanging over, and its very easy to spot targets with the line of sight. on top of that, they control most of the fortress, and the opponent base is very close to the seperation line. Very often you are 2 feet away from the artefact when they realise you are in.

OffhandSebbe
01-13-2012, 09:05 PM
The lower side have the advantage that its very easy to defend: all acces roads have a roof next to it, just like the base. And when you have stolen the artefact, you got gravity on your side. its way easier to run down then up. the higher side have the advantege of the church plaza: an awesome place to get hidden kills. just stand in front of the church and wait for them to run in.

knights hospital is worse than MSM. the base in front of the fortress has one big ledge hanging over, and its very easy to spot targets with the line of sight. on top of that, they control most of the fortress, and the opponent base is very close to the seperation line. Very often you are 2 feet away from the artefact when they realise you are in.
But spotting the enemy between the narrow paths between the building? if he/she is not marked and the desynchronization starts.. well at the enemies lines? there is a big portion of the lower side of the map, west of the flag that is barely used, and thats behind the flag? Your right about knights hospital, it is very close, but it does have a long way back. and in my opinion the knights hospitaler map would have been split in the other half, but it is still more defendable than the MSM low side due to the open space.
The topside MSM can get easily connected aerial kills that could be performed all around the flag, which the lowside does not have. But it does have 2 chase breakers which the topside does not have.

And a topside MSM defender at the border could easily kill a flag carrier that gone across and are heading towards the flag by the roofs(without being disturbed due to desynch of defenders on the low side)

stinks8
01-13-2012, 09:32 PM
I think the lower level is a definite advantage, assuming both teams know what they are doing. It seems significantly harder to get down to get that artifact and get up out of there. I'm sure teleporting helps considerably on this, but I prefer to go in and fight my way out.

MisterMillhouse
01-13-2012, 11:45 PM
If both teams know what they are doing

then the team that's defending the bottom of MT M has the advantage

DannyStrong
01-14-2012, 12:40 AM
its a mixed bag. its perhaps harder to defend because its very easy to get straight to the flag.. but getting back to your upper base is hard.

at the same time if you grab the upper flag and youre returning it ot the lowerbase, once you reach the halfway point and get back to your side youre usually home free because it's so hard to stop you at that point.

you just can't be playing all defense or player all offense.