PDA

View Full Version : various questions

AntiChrist7
01-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Got a few questions about the MP ((im on pc, but i dont think it makes that much a difference)

- the challenge "serial killer". is it broken? cause i have played a few times as the doctor, (i have the animus edition), but i never got it.

-tripwire bombs. i finally know how to spot them (looking at the ground for the disc). how do you defuse them effectivly?

-I got almost all the shields, except one: I dont know how its called in english, but the description said: you were a target the fewest times.Its a specific game mode, but i dont know which one and how to get it. i suspect its assasinate cause i have barely played that.

-firecrackers: is it more effective then in brotherhood? cause there is a challenge where you have to stun your persuer with firecrackers. but everytime it was used against me in brotherhood i could still easily kill.

-the ability closure (where you close chasebreakers). is it usefull. i have never seen anyone who uses it. I also assume that, even when the gates are closed, you can easily climb up the walls or use an ability to dfend yourself

-bodyguard. how and when do you use it for maximum effect

thanks

Anykeyer
01-13-2012, 02:45 PM
- yes, its still broken on pc. but fixed on consoles with patch 1.02
- slowly walk into maximum range, bomb will explode but you will not be affected.
- you mean elusive? assassinate mode. just hide somewhere so no one will lock on you
- no, blinding effect is weak now
- garbage
- in assassinate have someone lock on you and then use bodyguard. this is the only way to stun your pursuer and then have more than reckless bonus. in other modes I can think of better abilities because you dont get +200 when your bodyguard stuns your pursuer

OffhandSebbe
01-13-2012, 03:03 PM
Closure is pretty fun in artifact assault when you trap the flag carrier, close all chase breakers (its however only useful for certain maps with alot of chase breakers) combine it with knives and you will have a blast.

It is a fun combo to play unlike the smoke/mute combo, so no its not garbage if you enjoy fun, and the ability is mostly unused by players so they almost always fall for the trick.

ShadovvRun
01-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Hi there!
I don't know how to crawl down off the wall in multiplayer (while climbing on it) =(
Please help!!

Anykeyer
01-13-2012, 03:19 PM
In AA I dont use smute combo and almost never see other players using this. On attack I use telesmoke and never use my smoke before grabing artifact. Then I go to a nearest chasebreaker to use teleport while still having smoke as backup ability. So if you'l use this stuff against me you will end up in my smoke, and then I will stun you or teleport from you.To counter this you need something else. Like good timed knifes. And in that case closure is just a waste of ability slot, as always.

AntiChrist7
01-13-2012, 04:18 PM
@dmitriytop, go hijack someone elses topic

@anykeyer. yeah i thought so about closure. i have seen you a few times in games. you are prestige 7 or 8 arent you?

what about bodyguard? i see it used quite often in AA, and also in other team modes. And i like to complete challenges, so how do you effectivly use it.

Anykeyer
01-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Im 9. I stopped using this ability long ago, because I prefer to actually gain points from my stuns. As I said, IMO bodyguard will net you most points in Assassinate, because you can get silent+focus from someone stunned with bodyguard. Roof_polishER (you surely seen him too, at least in ACB) uses this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPiJ0-9tmLM But if you want to complete "The Boss" challenge, then manhunt is your best bet. With 4 hunters someone will surely kill your bodyguard, and they can't even stun him to make him disappear, because they have no pursuers.

OffhandSebbe
01-13-2012, 08:17 PM
In AA I dont use smute combo and almost never see other players using this. On attack I use telesmoke and never use my smoke before grabing artifact. Then I go to a nearest chasebreaker to use teleport while still having smoke as backup ability. So if you'l use this stuff against me you will end up in my smoke, and then I will stun you or teleport from you.To counter this you need something else. Like good timed knifes. And in that case closure is just a waste of ability slot, as always. It all depends on the situation, if you got past the base defender without blowing the smoke. And unfortunatly the "Smute" combo can be used successfully on all modes
What im trying to say to AntiChrist7 is that closure is not garbage, and provided with planning and strategy, it is a very useful ability(yes you can trap smoke/teleporters while chasing them when their close to their base aswell)

Kytr
01-16-2012, 05:46 PM
Im 9. I stopped using this ability long ago, because I prefer to actually gain points from my stuns. As I said, IMO bodyguard will net you most points in Assassinate, because you can get silent+focus from someone stunned with bodyguard. Roof_polishER (you surely seen him too, at least in ACB) uses this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPiJ0-9tmLM But if you want to complete "The Boss" challenge, then manhunt is your best bet. With 4 hunters someone will surely kill your bodyguard, and they can't even stun him to make him disappear, because they have no pursuers.

You can stun the bodyguard without any problems in Manhunt, but most people don't think to do so.

BigUrn
01-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Coming in from top works well for tripwires. Another way would be to use a smoke bomb the tripwire will still go off but chances are ur sb will outlast his tw...but approaching real stealty like he said is more effective. I have stunned the bodyguard before to but it kinda leaves you open for a stun..to bad you can't use a offensive bodyguard

Kytr
01-16-2012, 07:47 PM
That would be nice. As often as not, I will get the kill when they come out to stun unless I am really close to the blend group. It will always be a disputed kill unless you use mute or SB in time (unlikely), and sometimes the bodyguard stuns you at the same time you stun him.

utriej
01-17-2012, 12:16 AM
Check out the Challenge Kins and Queens thread on the front page here. Most of you're questions would be answered in there already. There is a bunch of us in that thread chatting about effective ways to complete those challenges as well as effective ways to use different abilities.
Tripwire bomb: It's worthless most of the time if a pursuer sprints through it. If you can see where it is on the ground you can usually skirt around it's perimeter and still get the kill. Offensive smoke bomb.

Bodyguard: I got this one done in Deathmatch, but likely Manhunt would be even better. Just set it off when your pursuer is near. Can be hit or miss, but eventually you'll get it. That was a fairly easy challenge to complete.

The Accolade you asked about is acquired in assassinate. You just need to be acquired as a target the least. Go hide in a cornner and don't hunt for people and you should get it.

Firecrackers: For the defense challenge, you just have to get tricky when you use them to get the stun. It usually works on noobs, around corrnners, or anytime you think you can get a naked stun just thriw those in there.

Closure: I got both challenges done by just hitting the ability just before I got a kill, or killed/stunned pursuer. If you craft it with both points in cooldown you cause use it a ton every match. Just doing this I got the challenge done pretty quickly. As far as using it tactically, I'm sure it has its uses, just like other abilities will net you consistent good points.

REAPERof-PLAGUES
01-17-2012, 04:14 AM
Towards the bodyguard in steal the artifact and courption when u see proximty bounus thats a good way to use it stuns someone then someone kill it u run

Kytr
01-17-2012, 05:34 PM
I got Bodyguard and Decoy (defensive) in Steal the Artifact -- it is probably even better than Manhunt because you are apt to have more pursuers and they will all be racing to make the kill. Out of a morphed group, you will get a lure with either skill almost every time.

For firecrackers stun (and TV stun), I did both in manhunt using tripwire bomb or smokebomb to help. Use the ability after the pursuer has either killed a civilian or been incapacitated and cannot prevent the stun. You are likely to die in the process, but it will gain the challenges.

Closure was handled similarly -- for offensive, you use it just before making a kill. Defensive is easier since you only need to use it when a pursuer is nearby -- you don't need to actually get away from the pursuer or stun him.