PDA

View Full Version : Negative Crossfire Scaling - Need help!

trillatoot
01-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Hello,

I've been experiencing negative crossfire scaling since getting this game (Assassins Creed Revelations) around Christmas and have tried multiple different solutions to no avail. I'm using 2x stock clocked 1GB XFX 5870s with an i5 2500k stock clock and an 850W brand new Corsair PSU that's Crossfire certified on a 24" LG monitor. I do have very positive Crossfire scaling in other games such as Battlefield 3, Bulletstorm and Just Cause 2 of around +80%, but games such as Assassins Creed Revelations and Skyrim I am still suffering negative scaling. I know these issues were supposedly addressed and fixed in the 11.11b ATI driver by giving Crossfire support but its apparent it hasn't worked for me. Here's some things I've tried...

-Installing/reinstalling ATI display drivers from 11.9 to the latest 12.a driver.
-Using 'AssassinsCreedIIGame.exe' as the game executable.
-AFR-Friendly D3D Crossfire profile
-Many custom Crossfire profiles through 'RadeonPro' such as Bioshock, Oblivion and DX9 Lost Planet.
-Running tests in GPU-Z
-Lowering graphical settings in-game.
-Different Crossfire modes, AFR, 1x1 Optimisation etc.

However with this I still experience higher frame rates in a single-GPU mode but with some strange, ever-present shuddering or stuttering that makes gameplay very unpleasant.

If anyone has any suggestions in what might be going wrong I would greatly appreciate them, or if I've missed anything out that you might require in order to diagnose the problem just tell me, I'm willing to try anything to get this working! :)

Thanks,
Braefost