PDA

View Full Version : Help me...help me...for I am computerly challenged

Mudge1935
04-09-2005, 01:51 PM
OK...I plug in Pacific Fighters and go to "Quick Mission". That loads and there's my airplane (doesn't matter which one). For some reason my joy stick is not in control anymore. Go back to "Controls" go to the HOTAS section. Try to load the stick using the HOTAS connections. NOT SO FAST there Mudge!. I click on the Throttle Control connector and get a quick flash of the box that's supposed to appear and "Z axis" appears before I've touched anything. Every box I try to connect (ailerons, elevators, rudder, etc.) I get the same flash of the box and "Z axis". I had recently loaded Combat Flight Simulator 3 and had a problem programming the joy stick there, too. Thought it might be corrupting PF so I uninstalled it. PF still wouldn't load my joystick. OK...let's start from scratch. Uninstalled IL2-AEF & PF AND the joystick. Re-installed them. NO LUCK!
I'm running a Saitek CYBORG evoforce stick and
CH pro pedals. They were both working like a charm before I installed CFS3. At one time, the pedals were working the ailerons. go figure.
Do I have a software problem or am I doing something else STOOPID? If someone says..."All you have to do is press the _______button" I'll
go crawl in a hole.

Mudge the frustrated

Mudge1935
04-09-2005, 01:51 PM
OK...I plug in Pacific Fighters and go to "Quick Mission". That loads and there's my airplane (doesn't matter which one). For some reason my joy stick is not in control anymore. Go back to "Controls" go to the HOTAS section. Try to load the stick using the HOTAS connections. NOT SO FAST there Mudge!. I click on the Throttle Control connector and get a quick flash of the box that's supposed to appear and "Z axis" appears before I've touched anything. Every box I try to connect (ailerons, elevators, rudder, etc.) I get the same flash of the box and "Z axis". I had recently loaded Combat Flight Simulator 3 and had a problem programming the joy stick there, too. Thought it might be corrupting PF so I uninstalled it. PF still wouldn't load my joystick. OK...let's start from scratch. Uninstalled IL2-AEF & PF AND the joystick. Re-installed them. NO LUCK!
I'm running a Saitek CYBORG evoforce stick and
CH pro pedals. They were both working like a charm before I installed CFS3. At one time, the pedals were working the ailerons. go figure.
Do I have a software problem or am I doing something else STOOPID? If someone says..."All you have to do is press the _______button" I'll
go crawl in a hole.

Mudge the frustrated

Aeronautico
04-09-2005, 02:50 PM
All you have to do is press the _______button.

Aeronautico
04-09-2005, 02:59 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Jokes aside, have you checked the controls work fine via the "Game Devices" (I don't know how it's called in English) in the Control Panel?

Moreover, are you sure the Z axis is neutral when you click on the boxes to assign the axis under the HOTAS section within PF? It might be sending an input which would be immediately assigned to the command you're trying to assign.

Mudge1935
04-09-2005, 03:00 PM
Well...it's the only answer so far... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Mudge1935
04-09-2005, 03:03 PM
I'm not touching anything but the mouse. The stick and pedals are in the neutral position.

Mudge the untouchable

steve_v
04-09-2005, 03:28 PM
Had the same thing happen once. The drivers were not installed for my x45. It is not sim related so no need to uninstll/reinstall. Double check your j/s calibration in control panel and whatever profile you're using.

VW-IceFire
04-09-2005, 03:29 PM
Ask in the community help forum.

Tully__
04-09-2005, 07:13 PM
Read the joysticks article linked under my sig. It sounds like the z axis of your joystick (probably the twist fucntion) or your pedals is a bit jittery around centre. You'll likely need to set a gobload of dead band on that axis before trying to assign controls in HOTAS (you can remove the deadband after the assignments have been made) so it doesn't assign itself as soon as you click.

As for PF not responding to any axis even when they're assigned, start the PFSetup.exe utility in your game folder (IL2Setup.exe if it's a merged install) and make sure the Use Joystick check box is checked on the joysticks tab.

Since you're using two controllers, you may need to edit the conf.ini to add the deadzone required. Instructions are near the end of the article linked under my sig in the section on using more than one controller.