PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed "New Episode" 2011???

Avl521
01-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Don't know if it's been posted already (I didn't see it so I'm posting it) but here's what I found reading my way through the day:
Assassin's Creed 2011 (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/13/new-assassins-creed-due-by-april-2011/)
is it true? and what do you think is it a DLC or the new game?? now on to the poll:

Avl521
01-13-2010, 12:26 PM
sorry for the double post but it says if I edit the votes will be lost or sth so:
Update By IGN:
Ubisoft has clarified, saying this is a new title featuring Ezio, and is not an expansion for Assassin's Creed 2. The new online multiplayer mode will be for an entirely new Assassin's Creed product. The Assassin's Creed Episodes project will pick up where Assassin's Creed 2 left off.

john_tyran
01-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Avl521:
sorry for the double post but it says if I edit the votes will be lost or sth so:
Update By IGN:
Ubisoft has clarified, saying this is a new title featuring Ezio, and is not an expansion for Assassin's Creed 2. The new online multiplayer mode will be for an entirely new Assassin's Creed product. The Assassin's Creed Episodes project will pick up where Assassin's Creed 2 left off.

Yes, I like the idea and hope that Ubi make a good game, but I donīt think that this game is "Assassinīs Creed 3" (I read it on a few sites)...

Avl521
01-14-2010, 08:06 AM
I read so too, many sites say it's not AC3 and it's not a DLC for AC2 either. According to IGN the game will continue with Ezio where AC2 left off (heard it on the daily fix of IGN) and that it will be multiplayer, don't know what or how the multiplayer is.

II RedDwarf II
01-15-2010, 01:17 AM
Could someone please explain how MP would ruin the game please. Does it not include SP?

Unloved_Grudge
01-15-2010, 03:16 AM
I'd like two player co-op, as long as no multiplayer achievements are present and it doesn't drag down the single player.

Azugo
01-15-2010, 03:30 AM
Yeah, I'm not a fan of multiplayer achievements/trophies. I don't know how competitive game modes would work, but I know Co-Op would. 2-4 player Co-Op.

Also, if multiplayer did bring the singeplayer story down, I wouldn't be too happy because I'm extremely interested in the story Assassin's Creed is presenting.

the amolang
01-15-2010, 04:19 AM
For me, I really think that AC mp will be either amazing or crap. It really depends how they do the whole thing. So Ubisoft, be careful how you handle this. it can be a miserable failure, or an epic experience.

timpbader
01-15-2010, 06:20 AM
So this is going to be AC:"The adventures of Ezio". Which will be something entirely different than AC3? So basically now we've been promised a 4th game?

caswallawn_2k7
01-15-2010, 06:33 AM
I still cant believe people are getting this hyped over it when it could end up being a PSP, Ipod or DS game, they have never confirmed what system it will be on, so at the moment it could be on anything making half the complaints and arguments and insights into it totally pointless.

also with them saying nothing other than it is another AC game with multiplayer, how do you know it will even have a open world or the same combat system? all you know is that coming soon there is a new AC game, that involves Ezio, is set after AC2, has multiplayer and isn't AC3. so based on those facts what do we actually know about the game? and the answer to that is nothing.

at least wait for them to announce a system for it or even the most basic info imaginable about the game before trying to discuss it, as trying to talk about it now is no different to a few weeks ago when people were talking about multiplayer being a possibility in AC.

@timpbader there has already been 5 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

gohanks10
01-15-2010, 06:47 AM
i found this 2 links in play.com.

http://www.play.com/Games/Play...iplayer/Product.html (http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/13461457/Assassin-Creed-II-Episodes-Multiplayer/Product.html)

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox...iplayer/Product.html (http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/13461455/Assassin-Creed-II-Episodes-Multiplayer/Product.html)

i think that this game won't desmond, in my opinion the game will be set in rome (the main story) and the all locations/cities from AC2 will be as bonus in this game (just for exploration and secondary missions)

InfernalTyrant
01-15-2010, 06:54 AM
Great find, hopefully they'll be that cheap.

the amolang
01-15-2010, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by InfernalTyrant:
Great find, hopefully they'll be that cheap.

that would be nice if that's the release date too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

InfernalTyrant
01-15-2010, 07:34 AM
that would be nice if that's the release date too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Didn't they say it would be April 2011 though?

Avl521
01-15-2010, 08:26 AM
They said it would be for their new year meaning: Don't exactly remember which month 2010 (march or april I think) - April 2011 so it could release as early as Xmas 2010 to as late as april 2011, and remember it could be delayed. we don't know release date so far.
Also I wanna wait, I agree to multiplayer as long as it doesn't take time, length and resources from single player. Kinda like with Bioshock 2.
The guys from 2K Boston develop the single player while I don't remember which team/studio does multiplayer.
With AC 2.5 it'd be sth like a team focuses on the single player and the other on co-op (I want it to be split screen co-op since it's the multiplayer I enjoy most.)
Another possibility is they might do a Multiplayer only game like, no single player only co-op. The story is presented only in co-op mode. (again I hope for split screen.)

Silhouelle
01-15-2010, 08:56 AM
In my hopeful imagination, I see them as making both the multiplayer Ezio continuation thing as well as AC3 at the same time. Basically using items, animations, props and whatnot interchangably.

As for the multiplayer itself, I am all for it. I'm hoping the multiplayer game is just multiplayer though, no single-player attached to it, with AC3 coming out "relatively" soon afterwards which would only be single-player.

I imagine it'll be some sort of treasure hunt and templar vs. assassin affair, which seems fine imo. Heres hoping for the ability to create and customize your character ala Metal Gear Online though - or at the very least, give a few chars to choose from (like some female ones!).

caswallawn_2k7
01-15-2010, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by gohanks10:
i found this 2 links in play.com.

http://www.play.com/Games/Play...iplayer/Product.html (http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/13461457/Assassin-Creed-II-Episodes-Multiplayer/Product.html)

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox...iplayer/Product.html (http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/13461455/Assassin-Creed-II-Episodes-Multiplayer/Product.html)

i think that this game won't desmond, in my opinion the game will be set in rome (the main story) and the all locations/cities from AC2 will be as bonus in this game (just for exploration and secondary missions)

never trust play, they have listed games that got candled, both play and HMV listed GTA4 stories for the PSP. shops like play, Amazon and HMV put in place holders for games that aren't even in production. it wouldn't be the first time most game stores have had to tell thousands of people that the game they pre-ordered doesn't even exist or never got finished because they put in place holders at the first sign the game might happen instead of waiting for confirmation of it actually happening.

Ubi has released no info at all on these games for all we know they could end up like episodic games for PC and release over digital services one a month over so many months, with each being a sell contained small game/story. Ubi has never said what system it will be on or what the game will even be, just their financial report for financial year 2010-2011 said there is a multiplayer AC game coming.

Avl521
01-16-2010, 08:34 AM
well that's true, it could be episodes, it could be a new game, it could be only on PC... However looking at the previous major AC games, they're all PS3/360/PC

firewaterearth2
01-16-2010, 02:46 PM
I don't get why this is going to be about Ezio. From what I heard on AC2 his character and story are pretty well fleshed out and he is not exactly a fresh young man at the end of it. Why continue with him instead of giving Altair some more place to get a personality.

caswallawn_2k7
01-16-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by firewaterearth2:
I don't get why this is going to be about Ezio. From what I heard on AC2 his character and story are pretty well fleshed out and he is not exactly a fresh young man at the end of it. Why continue with him instead of giving Altair some more place to get a personality. because they already did that in a DS game and bloodlines.

firewaterearth2
01-16-2010, 04:31 PM
I'm certainly not the only one who owns neither of these and won't shell out the money for them. So unless for some good old emulators there are many people who will simply ignore the portable consoles.

Ezio also has an Iphone game. What gives?

ApocaLeepse
01-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Multiplayer is always nice, but the single player experience should always come first in any game, since some people may not have Xbox Live to fully enjoy the online experience... So at least make it worth buying for them also.

thebutcherhead
01-16-2010, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by firewaterearth2:
I don't get why this is going to be about Ezio. From what I heard on AC2 his character and story are pretty well fleshed out and he is not exactly a fresh young man at the end of it. Why continue with him instead of giving Altair some more place to get a personality.

We might not even be playing as Ezio. All we know so far is that the game features Ezio, multiplayer mode, and follows up the events after AC 2 in plot. By that point, Ezio could even end up as Grandmaster of the Assassins in the game, considering his age, and we might be taking orders from him, like al mualim in AC 1, you never know.

sgt_brent
01-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Was there anything more that happened with that girl in AC2 that teaches us how to jump-climb, or whatever? I'm just thinking - Ezio and her seemed to kinda hit it off in a way..

It would be fun to play as son of Ezio to avenge his father's death somehow.. Not that I want Ezio to die, per se.. But it's always a deep, chilling story when things like that happen..

I would be happy to play as a different character in each instalment.. Just to keep the story moving.. But at the same time, I know there is more Ezio could potentially do..

I posted in another thread what I, personally think might be a cool thought for the next game.. It was in the thread entitled "Female character".. Wondering how a female assassin character would fit into the game.. Let me know what ya'll think..

"The team helps Desmond follow one of his ancestors.. During a major historical tide-turning event, in favour of the Templars - He is badly injured and on the run from Templar guards.. Desmond's ancestor then comes in direct contact with one of Lucy's Assassin ancestors.. Desmond's ancestor has in his possession very pivotal information that will give the Assassin's the upper hand against the Templars, which is why they are hunting him down.. He hands over the urgent details and angrily tells her to run away fast, and take the information to the proper individuals; He continues to run, but is captured and killed on the spot..

At which point the Animus has an error - "Memory Quit".. Then the team needs to figure out who she was, and THAT'S how Lucy gets in the Animus.. To trace the path her ancestor took, and for the team to uncover the secrets Desmond's ancestor had acquired from the Templars, over which he was hunted and killed.."

Avl521
01-17-2010, 09:25 AM
ok I see something wrong with that.
First we should be discussing it in the actual thread. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
2nd: Desmond can only live the memories of his ancestors until they "plant the seed" that will become anothero one of his ancestors.
Therefore if the assassin/ancestor dies and Desmond was able to see that it means that ancestor had no children (or he did but none of them is related to Desmond) And if he "planted the seed" earlier then Desmond would not have been able to see that memory.
But overall yeah, I would really like a female Assassin.

mikeh1294
01-17-2010, 09:38 AM
@sgt_brent, It's been stated that we are definitely playing as Ezio in "Episodes". Sorry! :P

EDIT: And the only way that that scenario would work is if the Ancestor died whilst pro-creating, i.e. having sex.

sgt_brent
01-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by mikini:
EDIT: And the only way that that scenario would work is if the Ancestor died whilst pro-creating, i.e. having sex.

Why is this? I was under the impression when the ancestor died that was the end of the "memory"..

Avl521
01-17-2010, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by sgt_brent:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mikini:

Why is this? I was under the impression when the ancestor died that was the end of the "memory".. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
basically, just get this:
The memory of the guy is stored in his DNA, so everything he lived is stored in his DNA, however, when he has a son, his DNA is passed on to his son who gets all the information but he can't access it. The point is, the DNA is passed up until the conception so the son can't access the memories that happen after he was conceived.
Since his father's DNA was passed on the info stored AFTER the "seed is planted" is not available to his son.
it's like this imagine instead of DNA you're storing strawberries. You have a one time donation to make... you can only donate once and after that let's say it is ilegal to give anything else so you can't. so you donate all the strawberries you have... after that donation, you keep accumulating strawberries but since you already donated, all the strawberries you have now won't be available to anyone but yourself.

I hope you get it, it's a bit complicated to explain.

sgt_brent
01-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Makes no sense.. The strawberry thing just made it more confusing..

Can't a father have more than one son? Does the DNA not pass on to both sons? Why can't we follow a "father" until his death?

P459
01-18-2010, 07:12 AM
Ezioīs Genetic memory is stored in his DNA.
It updates everytime he does something.
When he plants his seed that seed (Which ends up being his child) gets a 'copy' of all Ezios genetic memory. When Ezio gets a new memory, it updates in Ezios DNA, but it cant update his
childīs DNA.

M-dahaka
01-18-2010, 07:28 AM
UNLESS Ezio had more than 1 child, and Desmond's ancestor isn't the firstborn.

Captain Tomatoz
01-18-2010, 09:00 AM
Was there anything more that happened with that girl in AC2 that teaches us how to jump-climb, or whatever? I'm just thinking - Ezio and her seemed to kinda hit it off in a way..

yes they did. It says in the book http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

mikeh1294
01-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Right here is a nice diagram to help :P

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j309/mikeh21_2006/Screenshot2010-01-18at165637.png

(Ignore the little message icon please!)

Desmond can only access the memories that are passed on through the DNA. If the father had memories after the conception of his child, Desmond could not remember them, as they have not been passed down via the DNA.

Understand?

EDIT: Ffffffffffuuuuuuuuu - The spaces don't work :@ Give me a minute guys!

EDIT2: Added the diagram as an image, enjoy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

sgt_brent
01-18-2010, 10:32 AM
I get it now.. Whatever happens before the son was conceived is what is passed on in the DNA.. Anything after that point doesn't matter

Ya I guess my little plan is a little flawed, eh?

Then let me revise it a little.. With everything else the same - We are now following Ezio's son.. Him and Ezio together, as Assassin's obtained some pivotal information against the Templars, for which they are being hunted - Ezio is badly injured, and they come in contact with Lucy's ancestor.. They hand off the information to Lucy's ancestor while we stay with Ezio's son, to stay at Ezio's side for his death.. Ezio's son is hell bent on avenging his fathers death.. But perhaps Desmond gets pulled out of the animus..

I think it would make a very emotional story watching Ezio die.. Then, because the team want that information, they have to pull Desmond out and stick Lucy in to follow her ancestor to see where that information went..

And another thing - Maybe Desmond has gotten extremely connected to his ancestors, and goes on some personal quest to find out what happened to Ezio's son..

I'm feeling like there's a flaw somehow there too.. I'm just talking out my arse..

mikeh1294
01-18-2010, 10:42 AM
I get it now.. Whatever happens before the son was conceived is what is passed on in the DNA.. Anything after that point doesn't matter

Ya I guess my little plan is a little flawed, eh?

Then let me revise it a little.. With everything else the same - We are now following Ezio's son.. Him and Ezio together, as Assassin's obtained some pivotal information against the Templars, for which they are being hunted - Ezio is badly injured, and they come in contact with Lucy's ancestor.. They hand off the information to Lucy's ancestor while we stay with Ezio's son, to stay at Ezio's side for his death.. Ezio's son is hell bent on avenging his fathers death.. But perhaps Desmond gets pulled out of the animus..

I think it would make a very emotional story watching Ezio die.. Then, because the team want that information, they have to pull Desmond out and stick Lucy in to follow her ancestor to see where that information went..

And another thing - Maybe Desmond has gotten extremely connected to his ancestors, and goes on some personal quest to find out what happened to Ezio's son..

I'm feeling like there's a flaw somehow there too.. I'm just talking out my arse..

That plan seems to have no flaws that I can see, looks a solid idea http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I think that Desmond and Lucy are related though, as Maria (Altairs wife) looks a lot like her. Maybe Altairs second son started another bloodline?

Altaezio
01-18-2010, 11:39 AM
so will it be for xbox 360 ps3 and and this generation gaming consoles?

sgt_brent
01-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by mikini:
That plan seems to have no flaws that I can see, looks a solid idea http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I think that Desmond and Lucy are related though, as Maria (Altairs wife) looks a lot like her. Maybe Altairs second son started another bloodline?

Wahoo! Approval rating goes up..