PDA

View Full Version : Feather???

JenC03
09-06-2011, 03:08 PM
My brother brought up a good point the other day...

In the original Assassin's Creed, after each assassination, Altair takes a feather and dips it in his victim's blood.

We're both curious to know why Giovanni Auditore & Ezio (and basically the assassin brotherhood) stopped this signature move...?
Did Altair forget this in the Codex...? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

JenC03
09-06-2011, 03:08 PM
My brother brought up a good point the other day...

In the original Assassin's Creed, after each assassination, Altair takes a feather and dips it in his victim's blood.

We're both curious to know why Giovanni Auditore & Ezio (and basically the assassin brotherhood) stopped this signature move...?
Did Altair forget this in the Codex...? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

naran6142
09-06-2011, 03:22 PM
maybe its because after the events of AC1 the assassin's started to move into the underground a stopped doing all the public killing

so there was less need for a mark like that

thats what im thinking anyways http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MT4K
09-06-2011, 03:23 PM
It's been a long time sinc ei played AC1, but wasn;t that just because Al Mualim wanted him to do that as proof of the kill or something?

GunnarGunderson
09-06-2011, 04:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:
maybe its because after the events of AC1 the assassin's started to move into the underground a stopped doing all the public killing

so there was less need for a mark like that

thats what im thinking anyways http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Assassins? Underground? Ha! Everyone in Rome knew who and what Ezio was in Brotherhood,

Ulicies
09-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Al Mualim commanded Altair to do that as evidence of his kills. It was specific to the tutor, rather than an overall creed regulation. As far as I know.

naran6142
09-06-2011, 07:12 PM
oh and ezio wasn't really killing for the order in AC2. so it wouldnt make sense for him to need the mark

and who would want to carry around a blood feather anyways

Stowdace
09-06-2011, 07:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:
oh and ezio wasn't really killing for the order in AC2. so it wouldnt make sense for him to need the mark

and who would want to carry around a blood feather anyways </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This. Ezio was more or less a 'renegade' Assassin. He was only formally introduced to the Order after his encounter with Rodrigo Borgia in Venice where he took the Leap of Faith with the other Assassins.

CRUDFACE
09-06-2011, 11:07 PM
I think that was only for the nine targets as Altair doesn't do that in the Assassin's Creed Revelations demo and didn't do that to Al Mualim at the ending of Assassin's Creed 1

LightRey
09-06-2011, 11:48 PM
There could be any number of reasons. An ancient tradition that died out, he never actually received assassination targets from the order, etc.

CRUDFACE
09-06-2011, 11:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
There could be any number of reasons. An ancient tradition that died out, he never actually received assassination targets from the order, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That last part wouldn't make much sense since Ezio never does it, even when he is a part of the order and not the head of them.

LightRey
09-07-2011, 12:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
There could be any number of reasons. An ancient tradition that died out, he never actually received assassination targets from the order, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That last part wouldn't make much sense since Ezio never does it, even when he is a part of the order and not the head of them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Even then he never actually receives targets, except maybe Cesare and Rodrigo.

CRUDFACE
09-07-2011, 12:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

That last part wouldn't make much sense since Ezio never does it, even when he is a part of the order and not the head of them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Even then he never actually receives targets, except maybe Cesare and Rodrigo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, he does, the banker, all the side missions, as well as the others as well. Or you could say that side kills don't count as altair ONLY ever used the feathers to kill the main targets given to him by Al-Mualim. Which would then mean that the feathers were only really used that time, since he doesn't ever use them besides those targets.

Lol, or maybe it's like DBZ where the guy who made it forgot to give Trunks and Gotenks a tail.

LightRey
09-07-2011, 12:28 AM

Even then he never actually receives targets, except maybe Cesare and Rodrigo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, he does, the banker, all the side missions, as well as the others as well. Or you could say that side kills don't count as altair ONLY ever used the feathers to kill the main targets given to him by Al-Mualim. Which would then mean that the feathers were only really used that time, since he doesn't ever use them besides those targets.

Lol, or maybe it's like DBZ where the guy who made it forgot to give Trunks and Gotenks a tail. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, he didn't receive those targets. He chose them himself. At no point is he ever actually ordered to assassinate any of them specifically.

CRUDFACE
09-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Niccolo had a contact who in turn delivered the assassins via carrier pigeon. While Ezio could kill them in any order according to the area he was in, he was still given assignments to do.

But the three? Wait, two main targets that he actually killed didn't get the feather treatment, so yeah. Guessing it was referring to something else.

If you're talking about Altair, then he didn't do it to Al Mualim and I can't remember if he gave the same treatment to Robert de Sable

LightRey
09-07-2011, 08:52 AM
Niccolo had a contact who in turn delivered the assassins via carrier pigeon. While Ezio could kill them in any order according to the area he was in, he was still given assignments to do.

But the three? Wait, two main targets that he actually killed didn't get the feather treatment, so yeah. Guessing it was referring to something else.

If you're talking about Altair, then he didn't do it to Al Mualim and I can't remember if he gave the same treatment to Robert de Sable </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm pretty sure he did it to Robert since he received a feather for him.

Ulicies
09-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Al Mualim commanded him to do it. No one else told either assassins to use the feathers. Therefore, both assassins never used anymore feathers. As LightRey said, Ezio was conducting the assassinations of his own accord, never being instructed to do so. Anyone else who told him, or advised him, to kill someone was either not apart of the order, or asking as a personal matter. I don't know if all masters in the order command their pupils to do this, but so far only Al Mualim has requested this procedure.

CRUDFACE
09-07-2011, 10:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ulicies:
Al Mualim commanded him to do it. No one else told either assassins to use the feathers. Therefore, both assassins never used anymore feathers. As LightRey said, Ezio was conducting the assassinations of his own accord, never being instructed to do so. Anyone else who told him, or advised him, to kill someone was either not apart of the order, or asking as a personal matter. I don't know if all masters in the order command their pupils to do this, but so far only Al Mualim has requested this procedure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I checked a video, he didn't do one for Robert. But I think he only skipped him since he was in a hurry, and discovered Al Mualim was a traitor.

I said above that the feathers were only used then with people Al Mualim picked out for him, lol. And everything I've talked about with Ezio happened when he was an official part of the order and nobody ever got the feather treatment...crappy since out of the three targets, you only kill one person, that being the Banker. Ezio, having been given a title later was still under in rank from Niccolo.

Just a fact, Ezio never picked the targets he killed, only those the Assassin Apprentices did. Ezio was given names from Bartolomeo's wife or picked them up from the pigeon coup.

JenC03
09-08-2011, 03:11 AM
Thanks for these replies http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I get it now..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

CRUDFACE
09-08-2011, 09:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JenC03:
Thanks for these replies http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I get it now..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, I feel like I've just been silenced

EvolutionIXMR
09-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Because Ezio is now too busy throwing bombs at his targets causing them to blow up into smithereens. Would make the process a bit difficult wouldn't you say? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

JenC03
09-09-2011, 04:36 AM

Lol, I feel like I've just been silenced </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Noooo, I didn't mean it like that xD
It's just all these replies about time passing & Al Mualim's command for nine targets make sense http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EvolutionIXMR:
Because Ezio is now too busy throwing bombs at his targets causing them to blow up into smithereens. Would make the process a bit difficult wouldn't you say? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I didn't think about that when playing those war machine levels
Good point... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif