PDA

View Full Version : Play.com experiences??



Cnine
11-10-2009, 07:41 AM
I recently ordered the Black Edition from Play.com and was wondering if anyone here has got any feedback from their pre-order policy? Mainly in terms of deliverance? What I mean is, will i get it the same day? How is the quality of the product when it arrives and how to they handly complaints / refunds if its not satisfactory? (not the gameplay - i know that will be awesome !!! )

Cnine
11-10-2009, 07:41 AM
I recently ordered the Black Edition from Play.com and was wondering if anyone here has got any feedback from their pre-order policy? Mainly in terms of deliverance? What I mean is, will i get it the same day? How is the quality of the product when it arrives and how to they handly complaints / refunds if its not satisfactory? (not the gameplay - i know that will be awesome !!! )

apathy-
11-10-2009, 07:52 AM
I would like to add another question: how's the delivery when ordering abroad? I pre-ordered it a while back and I'm from Finland, so I am definitely a bit worried that I won't get it on release date.

caswallawn_2k7
11-10-2009, 08:22 AM
Play have put a disclaimer in the description of black (if you go look at it) saying they can fill all the orders they have. usually they are good at getting games out on time (tekken 6 was late but that's a first normally get them early) as for the quality of the product it's what ever the publisher send's (the problem with damaged items is more the mail system than the store, if you ever work for a delivery firm/royal mail you will find out why)

as for returns the once I did received something faulty they got it picked up the next day and replaced it (they also offer refund's that is more likely with black due to it being limited edition)

as for shipping I have answered this quite a few times already and I would bet all those times were you as well, they generally ship the games on a Wednesday before release meaning in the UK they come on either the Thursday or Friday, now since they have to take extra step's to get to none UK locations there is a good chance you will get the game on the Monday after release or possibly after that.

templar-killer4
11-10-2009, 08:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by apathy-:
I would like to add another question: how's the delivery when ordering abroad? I pre-ordered it a while back and I'm from Finland, so I am definitely a bit worried that I won't get it on release date. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am from Denmark!!(which rulzzz) and i too am worried that i wont get my pre-order, from play.com on release date.! does any1 know??

I Pre-ordered Batman Arkham Asylum there and got it 5 days later! which is pretty good considering that it usually takes 7-10 days, to ship to the certain EU countries.!

apathy-
11-10-2009, 08:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
Play have put a disclaimer in the description of black (if you go look at it) saying they can fill all the orders they have. usually they are good at getting games out on time (tekken 6 was late but that's a first normally get them early) as for the quality of the product it's what ever the publisher send's (the problem with damaged items is more the mail system than the store, if you ever work for a delivery firm/royal mail you will find out why)

as for returns the once I did received something faulty they got it picked up the next day and replaced it (they also offer refund's that is more likely with black due to it being limited edition)

as for shipping I have answered this quite a few times already and I would bet all those times were you as well, they generally ship the games on a Wednesday before release meaning in the UK they come on either the Thursday or Friday, now since they have to take extra step's to get to none UK locations there is a good chance you will get the game on the Monday after release or possibly after that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the info, I really haven't ordered anything from play.com before so I'm happy to see someone answering who has.

And regarding the "as for shipping I have answered this quite a few times already and I would bet all those times were you as well", I don't know if you meant me or the OP but I'm pretty sure I haven't asked that question anywhere before, albeit that I probably should've tried the search function first... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thanks

caswallawn_2k7
11-10-2009, 08:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And regarding the "as for shipping I have answered this quite a few times already and I would bet all those times were you as well", I don't know if you meant me or the OP but I'm pretty sure I haven't asked that question anywhere before, albeit that I probably should've tried the search function first... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I meant you as I have answered that quest quite a few time's and every time I answer it it just pop's up some were else and I'm pretty sure the last person to ask also asked bout Finland.

apathy-
11-10-2009, 08:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And regarding the "as for shipping I have answered this quite a few times already and I would bet all those times were you as well", I don't know if you meant me or the OP but I'm pretty sure I haven't asked that question anywhere before, albeit that I probably should've tried the search function first... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I meant you as I have answered that quest quite a few time's and every time I answer it it just pop's up some were else and I'm pretty sure the last person to ask also asked bout Finland. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, as I said, I haven't asked about it before. :P

assassinfab
11-10-2009, 12:24 PM
i pre-ordered ac2 on 25th september from play.com. I live in malta (in EU and Eurozone), will i recieve it on release date or later lik most EU countries?

Bombong
11-10-2009, 01:01 PM
I often buy CD's or DVD's at Play.com which they have in store. I'm living in the Netherlands and it usually takes 7-10 days to arrive after they sent it. So I would be very surprised if in Finland or at Malta the game would arrive at the day of release.

bornforhaze
11-10-2009, 02:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassinfab:
i pre-ordered ac2 on 25th september from play.com. I live in malta (in EU and Eurozone), will i recieve it on release date or later lik most EU countries? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I used to live in Spain and I always got
games on the release day or one day later. I think you will get it on or just later than the release date.

caswallawn_2k7
11-10-2009, 03:07 PM
just a update in case any1 who has a order on play has not received this yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Dear XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your recent order for Assassin's Creed II: Black Edition (Play.com UK Exclusive Collector's Edition) (2) (PS3)

Due to the limited stock we have available of this product, we have removed the item from general sale on the website. Please note your order is still outstanding and as soon as the product is released we will be taking payment and processing your order. Please do not cancel your order if you wish to still receive this item.

Thank you for your patience and continued custom,

Kind Regards,

Play.com </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Morf113
11-10-2009, 03:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by templar-killer4:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by apathy-:
I would like to add another question: how's the delivery when ordering abroad? I pre-ordered it a while back and I'm from Finland, so I am definitely a bit worried that I won't get it on release date. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am from Denmark!!(which rulzzz) and i too am worried that i wont get my pre-order, from play.com on release date.! does any1 know??

I Pre-ordered Batman Arkham Asylum there and got it 5 days later! which is pretty good considering that it usually takes 7-10 days, to ship to the certain EU countries.! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jeg er også fra Danmark! Når jeg var også lidt bange får ikke få spillet til release så jeg vil hellere gå ud i centeret og købe det. Så det gør jeg også får du det jo også lidt bedere når man står og holder det i butikken.

caswallawn_2k7
11-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Morf your only aloud to use English here.

assassinfab
11-12-2009, 11:01 AM
will the recent strikes(postal and train) effect the date we will recieve the game?

templar-killer4
11-12-2009, 11:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
Morf your only aloud to use English here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well in that case i will translate this, for you:

Danish: Jeg er også fra Danmark! Når jeg var også lidt bange får ikke få spillet til release så jeg vil hellere gå ud i centeret og købe det. Så det gør jeg også får du det jo også lidt bedere når man står og holder det i butikken.

English: I am also from Denmark! I too was a little afraid that i wouldnt get the game on release so I'd rather go out in the center and buy it.

Nothing big, Caswallawn -.-

caswallawn_2k7
11-12-2009, 12:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassinfab:
will the recent strikes(postal and train) effect the date we will recieve the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
not unless they have one next week and there are none planned so it shouldn't be a problem.