PDA

View Full Version : Mission Distance / DCG

Clawed1970
07-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Does anyone know how to decrease or place limitations upon mission distances for single player campaigns, when using Lowengrin's DCG ?

Clawed1970
07-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Does anyone know how to decrease or place limitations upon mission distances for single player campaigns, when using Lowengrin's DCG ?

Major_V
07-28-2005, 07:21 PM
Clawed1970:

After selecting your campaign, start DCG, hit "Campaign Settings Panel" button (3rd button from left at the top), then select desired distance in "Action Radius Setting" drop-down menu. If you want to apply right away, hit "Generate Mission" button and then load campaign in FB/AEP/PF. Good luck.

Major_V

Clawed1970
07-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Major_V:

Thank you for the information. Will this work with full auto-generation mode enabled ?

Major_V
07-29-2005, 07:31 AM
Clawed1970:

Yes, it should. I always run in full auto-generation/replace DGen mode. You should be aware that there are times when, depending on your settings, DCG will not always adhere to the Action Radius Setting if it is set too low. This occurs when the map is large and there are simply no objectives within the established radius. In this case, DCG will either use a larger radius or, depending on your settings, generate missions in which nothing much happens (endless recon missions or CAP missions which require you to run a huge number of circuits waiting for the bad guys to show up). Consequently, you should experiment with this setting to come up with what works best for you. In my case, I started at 75 km but ended up increasing it to my current setting of 150 km. Hope this helps.

Major_V