PDA

View Full Version : ***ATTENTION MISSION BUILDERS SET YOUR ROF***

carguy_
01-14-2005, 07:59 PM
Please set carrier/battleship flak to 12 IMO it is best volume suited for PF multipley game wise.Noone does this so any carrier mission is screwed because vast majority of players are killed with FPS dropping@5-6.

I have tested this setting,it gives no noticable FPS drop and makes bombing pretty hard.

TheGozr
01-14-2005, 08:43 PM
12 is already not enough.

MR.Reah
01-15-2005, 07:21 AM
Great point about ROF for on line- or just keeping things smooth when there are lots of objects/firing involved.

Another feature to consider- in pf we can set 'skill level'too.

My pc is bare minimum spec- so I use this trick: I set the ROF to 12, 15, or 20 or so and then set the skill level up to 'Ace'.

Less stuff in the air- but the high skill aiming gets much more on target... and keeps things interesting...hehe.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

antifreeze
01-15-2005, 10:52 AM
Absolutely. There should be no online missions with the default rate of fire, but every single mission I flew in today had the default.

However, I would suggest an RoF of 60-80. I get nice missions offline with that setting. Still a danger of being hit, but no slideshow frame rates.

carguy_
01-15-2005, 05:12 PM
Whatever the ROF,just don`t make my PC go boom when it goes off