PDA

View Full Version : DLL problem

dglasal
04-28-2007, 09:09 PM
After an extended stay outside an area I could not download and play IL-2 1946, I am finally able to do so. The install seems uneventful, unfortunately, trying to install the 4.08 patch is some thing else. I had everything leading to 1946 (IL-2, Aces, Pacific Aces all merged). I uninstalled everything prior to installing 1946 and cleaned the registry (through a program, not manually)

When trying to install patch 08m, I receive an DLL error spcifying HHCTRL.OLX error.

Any help please. that you all

dglasal
04-28-2007, 09:09 PM
After an extended stay outside an area I could not download and play IL-2 1946, I am finally able to do so. The install seems uneventful, unfortunately, trying to install the 4.08 patch is some thing else. I had everything leading to 1946 (IL-2, Aces, Pacific Aces all merged). I uninstalled everything prior to installing 1946 and cleaned the registry (through a program, not manually)

When trying to install patch 08m, I receive an DLL error spcifying HHCTRL.OLX error.

Any help please. that you all

Yellow_Sub
04-29-2007, 03:38 AM
Please post the exact error message.

Also if you google HHCTRL.OLX you get some hits maybe some of them help.

dglasal
04-29-2007, 05:21 AM
here is the message I receive when trying to install 4.08M patch:

"The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL C:\Windows\System32\Hhctrl.ocx occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL"

thank you in advance for your help

Yellow_Sub
04-29-2007, 07:02 AM
Take a look at this.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935448

I hope it is in English, or your language, since it was German for me.

dglasal
04-30-2007, 04:18 PM
Yes, that was the problem. Apparently when one of the Microsoft Windows security patches was installed, it created this particular problem. The website did clean it up.

thank you very much