PDA

View Full Version : AC1 & Revelation Alta´r voice actors are the same guy.

E-Zekiel
08-19-2011, 04:20 AM
just so you guys stop saying they are different. The accent is different. The actor is not. Get your facts straight please http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

E-Zekiel
08-19-2011, 04:20 AM
just so you guys stop saying they are different. The accent is different. The actor is not. Get your facts straight please http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 04:25 AM
Darn tootin'. I think it's good that a topic like this was made, so people will learn quicker.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 04:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
Darn tootin'. I think it's good that a topic like this was made, so people will learn quicker. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
True, it's easier to correct many people at a time this way.

cless711
08-19-2011, 04:42 AM
I don't know why everyone is getting so upset about it. I actually like the new accent.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 04:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cless711:
I don't know why everyone is getting so upset about it. I actually like the new accent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think it's mostly something of a nostalgia killer, but I think that as we get more used to the accent, and start recognizing the similarities with his voice without the accent, the feeling of nostalgia will come back.

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 04:53 AM
I like it mainly because the old one had the reverse of Nostalgic effect on me.

SixKeys
08-19-2011, 05:03 AM
Is there an official source confirming this somewhere? I know it's on IMDB and the Wiki, but sometimes there are mistakes on those sites. I would feel much happier hearing this confirmed by Ubisoft.

Rakudaton
08-19-2011, 05:06 AM
I wasn't aware of anyone saying the actors were different. Is it really that huge a problem?

Anyway, the voice and accent is so different it may as well be a different actor.

I actually prefer his new voice, even though I think it sounds a little bit too cultured and a bit French, particularly when he says "Our creed is evident to the contrary". Or maybe it's just his new moustache and face. Nobody agrees with me, but hey.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 05:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:
I wasn't aware of anyone saying the actors were different. Is it really that huge a problem?

Anyway, the voice and accent is so different it may as well be a different actor.

I actually prefer his new voice, even though I think it sounds a little bit too cultured and a bit French, particularly when he says "Our creed is evident to the contrary". Or maybe it's just his new moustache and face. Nobody agrees with me, but hey. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
A French accent uses an entirely different pronunciation of the letter 'R'. His accent is a quite typical Arabic accent.

Grandmaster_Z
08-19-2011, 08:46 AM
glad he has the arabic accent!

Turkiye96
08-19-2011, 08:53 AM
well just coz its the same guy doesn't mean it isn't a different voice, he gets paid to do many different voices, his job litteraly depends on his ability to change his voice for different parts. he is ''intentionally'' putting on a different voice for Altair, weither he is doing this for a reason in the game ( maybe because of his age), or weither Ubisoft changed his voice to appease the fans who were unhappy about the american accent on this character who lived in the holy lands and was within a arabic speaking sect ( so people thought he should speak in an Arabic accent)
im not sure why its different i hope the story tells us but im not too concerned with the new voice ( just as long as a know why). it might be that its just the Animus 1.0 that translated Altair to an american accent and that the current animus we are in doesn't have this glitch.

it was explained that there was a reason why Altair had that voice in AC1 but they didn't give any details...

Grandmaster_Z
08-19-2011, 09:15 AM
those animus explanations that ubi gave are just bs. they realized (after many people "complained")that it was stupid to have EVERYONE else with with an accent except for Altair, so for me theres no explanation needed, i understand and am glad they "corrected" this!

samward
08-19-2011, 11:27 AM
can someone please post the video where we hear his "new" voice...

LightRey
08-19-2011, 11:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by samward:
can someone please post the video where we hear his "new" voice... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's been posted several times. It's just that it gets taken down quickly, so you have to get there fast.

samward
08-19-2011, 11:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by samward:
can someone please post the video where we hear his "new" voice... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's been posted several times. It's just that it gets taken down quickly, so you have to get there fast. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that sucks... any idea if there is a vid up now that I can see? or have they all been blocked?

ProletariatPleb
08-19-2011, 11:56 AM
@samward, they get taken down, Mine got taken down after 25k votes...that's a lot in just 1 day, mine was the first one to make it to YT.

and also, I remember something about Lucy saying that the Abstergo animus translated etc, maybe that's why AC1 had american accent, whereas in AC:R it's memories stored by Alta´r, so they won't be having the animus translated voice?

Plus Alta´r looks like himself and not Desmond this time xD.

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 11:57 AM
I think the problem with most people is not that his accent is french, but that they don't actually know what a real life arabic accent sounds like.

Drakonous505
08-19-2011, 12:11 PM
I'd laugh if in game Desmond says: "That's odd Altair looks and sounds totally different..." xD