PDA

View Full Version : Desmonds Sanity and idea of how to get it back

Moultonborough
05-21-2011, 08:20 AM
I was just reading the Revelations wiki site and it says Desmond is safe within a "black room". After reading it the first thing that came to my mind was another set of Glyphs each one helping Desmond get his sanity back some how. What do you think of the idea? And what kinds of puzzles would you like to see if this is the case.

Moultonborough
05-21-2011, 08:20 AM
I was just reading the Revelations wiki site and it says Desmond is safe within a "black room". After reading it the first thing that came to my mind was another set of Glyphs each one helping Desmond get his sanity back some how. What do you think of the idea? And what kinds of puzzles would you like to see if this is the case.

GunnarGunderson
05-21-2011, 08:49 AM
I'm pretty sure Desmond will be playable as usual but he'll be in the animus, you'll relive memories from his early life and as you do that you'll gain access to more of the black room where you'll access more memories

rileypoole1234
05-21-2011, 09:20 AM
That's pretty much what has already been announced. And yes, we'll play as Desmond reliving his memories within the animus.

iN3krO
05-21-2011, 11:02 AM
It would be nice if missions would require some demsond sanity to be able to play like: Sequence 1 (1/10 sanity needed Sequence 4 (3/10 sanity needed) Sequence 9 (7/10 sanity) and Sequence 14 (10/10 sanity) and you would be able to do desmond missions whenever you want and each mission you do with desmond you gain 1 sanity point http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Rakudaton
05-21-2011, 11:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
It would be nice if missions would require some demsond sanity to be able to play like: Sequence 1 (1/10 sanity needed Sequence 4 (3/10 sanity needed) Sequence 9 (7/10 sanity) and Sequence 14 (10/10 sanity) and you would be able to do desmond missions whenever you want and each mission you do with desmond you gain 1 sanity point http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No offence, but that sounds rather artificial and frankly a bit stupid. Why try and ascribe such a simplistic game mechanic to repairing something as big as someone's sanity? For crying out loud, next you'll be wanting Dessie to "level up!" every time he does something good. /rant

Anyway, we know how he's going to rebuild his sanity. The GI article says that there is a "nexus" -- a point in his life that corresponds somehow to a point in Ezio's, and one in Altair's. Desmond has to find this nexus and this will allow him to wake up back to reality.

Turkiye96
05-21-2011, 12:36 PM
yea, see as you progress through Ezio's and thus Altairs memories you will get closer to the nexus so as that happens there will be sorta glitchs in the animus where Desmonds mind takes over and we see his life prgoress as with his ancestors

xsatanicjokerx
05-21-2011, 04:15 PM
didnt it was somewhere that he will be re-creating the work around him?
This better not lead to some bs plot twist at the end of AC3 where we find out that he never got out of the animus.

freeze131
05-21-2011, 09:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Posted Sat May 21 2011 15:15 Hide Post
didnt it was somewhere that he will be re-creating the work around him?
This better not lead to some bs plot twist at the end of AC3 where we find out that he never got out of the animus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nah, Ubisoft wouldn't insult us like that. Same reason why Ubisoft won't make it so that it's actually Desmond's descendant seeing his memories.