PDA

View Full Version : Tiberius' Guide to AC Combat

Tiberius135
11-26-2007, 08:28 PM
Not that this game really requires much combat help, but I think that this helps none the less.

I searched the forums and did not find anything outlining my strategy so I thought I'd post my idea to help, just in case anyone needs it.

When you're fighting against templars, assassination targets and some soldiers have you ever been annoyed by the constant block breaking they perform? I was and unfortunately I only found out in the last fight how to avoid this. (This has not been tried thoroughly in multiple enemy combat)

The trick here is to not constantly hold the r1 (or right trigger for xbox?) because so long as you do you have your guard up the tougher enemies will proceed to break your block. The idea is that when your enemy goes to strike you then press your r1 (or right trigger) and square (which is x on 360?) which counters. Against single enemies you should almost never get hit as long as you time it correctly.

The only disadvantage to this is that you don't have a block which means that if your reflexes aren't exactly on par or you just happen to miss one you'll get hit but if everything goes as it should the tougher enemies (especially those damn templars) should be made extremely easy.

Sorry if this is common knowledge or if this has already been posted somewhere but I thought this might help some if they're having trouble.

Tiberius135
11-26-2007, 08:28 PM
Not that this game really requires much combat help, but I think that this helps none the less.

I searched the forums and did not find anything outlining my strategy so I thought I'd post my idea to help, just in case anyone needs it.

When you're fighting against templars, assassination targets and some soldiers have you ever been annoyed by the constant block breaking they perform? I was and unfortunately I only found out in the last fight how to avoid this. (This has not been tried thoroughly in multiple enemy combat)

The trick here is to not constantly hold the r1 (or right trigger for xbox?) because so long as you do you have your guard up the tougher enemies will proceed to break your block. The idea is that when your enemy goes to strike you then press your r1 (or right trigger) and square (which is x on 360?) which counters. Against single enemies you should almost never get hit as long as you time it correctly.

The only disadvantage to this is that you don't have a block which means that if your reflexes aren't exactly on par or you just happen to miss one you'll get hit but if everything goes as it should the tougher enemies (especially those damn templars) should be made extremely easy.

Sorry if this is common knowledge or if this has already been posted somewhere but I thought this might help some if they're having trouble.

stix489
12-07-2007, 04:37 AM
WOW..can't believe I missed this thread! Nice guide! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

PS: Sorry mods for reviving...but I felt I had to...I mean it's Tiberius, my right hand man! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Oshikai
12-07-2007, 05:07 AM
Yeh that is what i found too, they will noly go for the block breaker if you hold block for so long so i sjut use it a second or 2 before they attack.

Robbinho1992
12-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Well noramlly i see the templars and can get a nice aerial Stealth kill in, but i guess that does help, or you could just repeatedly hit them, untill they like dodge you and come back to attck and then counter. But i havent tried it this way so it probavly helps.