PDA

View Full Version : Long Range Poisoning?

ZnorfRat
04-06-2010, 05:37 PM
i thought it would be kewl if you lock on to a guard with the poision weapon and you would throw a really thin and small sewing needle like thing at him, (that would be very hard to see) and he would be poisoned.I though this would be kewl because it would make me use poison way way more, and would be really stealthy cause it wouldn't alert the guards.

What do you think?

ZnorfRat
04-06-2010, 05:37 PM
i thought it would be kewl if you lock on to a guard with the poision weapon and you would throw a really thin and small sewing needle like thing at him, (that would be very hard to see) and he would be poisoned.I though this would be kewl because it would make me use poison way way more, and would be really stealthy cause it wouldn't alert the guards.

What do you think?

adarwinter
04-06-2010, 06:21 PM
it sounds like an idea that might be unbalanced but could be possible. maybe using a long tube ezio would put in his mouth, like the afrikan "blowing dart".
it could be balanced if ezio WILL become noticed unless he uses this weapon when blended , like in a group of ppl. otherwise he WILL be noticed. something like that. or maybe the blowing tube is a one time only or something for only rather close ranges.

keibeck
04-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Poisoning with blade doesn't alert the guards either.

swn32
04-06-2010, 10:06 PM
I would prefer mini-crossbow with poison darts.

adarwinter
04-07-2010, 01:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by keibeck:
Poisoning with blade doesn't alert the guards either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i know, but u have to be close, at least.

there must be SOME disadvantage to everything u do , otherwise there i no point to all the other tools.

balance is a key. something that AC2 is known to lack.

and a crossbow seems a lil unlikely to shoot small enough arrows to be something the target wouldnt feel, i think. but im probably looking for logic too much :P

Murcuseo
04-07-2010, 02:10 AM
It'd be cool if you could have the choice between poisons and hallucinogenics, the latter would make the target freak out and start to fight with surrounding NPC's to create a distraction or confuse guards during fights http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

Heelflip
04-07-2010, 04:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adarwinter:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by keibeck:
Poisoning with blade doesn't alert the guards either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i know, but u have to be close, at least.

there must be SOME disadvantage to everything u do , otherwise there i no point to all the other tools.

balance is a key. something that AC2 is known to lack.

and a crossbow seems a lil unlikely to shoot small enough arrows to be something the target wouldnt feel, i think. but im probably looking for logic too much :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. It's great that all weapons have disadvantages. If one weapon had none, other weapons would become useless and every approach to an assassination would be successful, no tactics needed anymore.

One of my wishes is to be able to use a crossbow. If it would have enough big disadvantage, it wouldn't destroy the balance between weapons. But it's hard to think of such disadvantage. Even limiting player to 1 spear would make it too powerful of a weapon, because there's usually just one target.

Maybe some tough aiming system would make it right, combining gun-aiming system with getting correct vertical angle and a correct timing - to release the spear when Ezio breaths out - and non-stable "crosshair" (like in shooters when sniping).
I imagine all this would make it a lot harder to aim with a crossbow and could be implemented in the game. But I think Ubi won't go so far to include a crossbow in future ACs.

EDIT: They'd also have to make very few missions where target is out in the open, but those that are - you could kill them with a crossbow from few buildings away. And running target would be impossible to hit of course.

ZnorfRat
04-08-2010, 05:19 PM
it could have like a 25- 0 % chance of failing or something.

swn32
04-08-2010, 09:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adarwinter:

and a crossbow seems a lil unlikely to shoot small enough arrows to be something the target wouldnt feel, i think. but im probably looking for logic too much :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It doesnt have to shoot small arrows. It should just have a really long range and high AP. You are forced to use crossbows from concealed locations otherwise u can get spotted instantly. Also you have to keep moving after every shot to prevent getting discovered. I think crossbows should replace throwing knives because throwing knives are simply not reliable enough in any real life situation. Arrows on the other hand are balanced when in flight (center of pressure always behind center of gravity) and will surely hit your target reliably.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Originally posted by Heelflip:

EDIT: They'd also have to make very few missions where target is out in the open, but those that are - you could kill them with a crossbow from few buildings away. And running target would be impossible to hit of course.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do like the idea of free aiming with crossbow and having to account for vertical dip due to gravity. I hate the lock on system they have currently in place. The pistol has a much higher range than the lock on range. Also I don't think its impossible to hit moving targets with a crossbow. Its very possible...shoot ahead. To prevent crossbows from being overpowered, let it have a high setup time and aim time, and also assassination targets should be less exposed.

Jito463_
04-10-2010, 08:29 AM
Regarding the poison from a crossbow, they could always do what Deus Ex did with tranquilizer cross-bow bolts. When you hit an enemy with it, they stagger for a couple seconds, then begin yelling for help and get everyone nearby on high alert. Something along those lines would balance out a poison-tipped crossbow.