PDA

View Full Version : Pearl harbor

argnan
03-12-2005, 11:47 PM
The only movie i have seen with ww2 planes is "Pearl Harbor"... Is there another movie to see???

hamselv2
03-12-2005, 11:55 PM
This link has a long list of aviation movies:
http://faculty.dwc.edu/nicosia/apcm_list_of_aviation_movies.htm

BPLIzard
03-13-2005, 12:48 AM
Dark Blue World is a very good movie. The dialog is in Czech but it is subtitled.

joeap
03-13-2005, 02:41 AM
If you want to see a good movie about Pearl Harbour see "Tora Tora Tora." Very good for its time.

Tomas_W
03-13-2005, 10:21 AM
"Memphis Belle" is a movie about the plane(B-17)with the same name and it's crew on their 25th and final mission over Germany. I think it's from the late 80's.

Several years ago there was a british tv-series called "Piece of cake" on swedish television. It was about Spitfire pilots just before the the war and during the Battle of Britain. Back then(when i was a kid)i thought it was great, don't know what i'd think about it if i saw it today though.

MaxBruder
03-13-2005, 11:39 AM
12 O'clock High

murewa
03-13-2005, 12:02 PM
You're all insane "BATTLE OF BRITAIN" is the grandadio of WW2 aviation movies. It Pawns the pants off all the competition with pawnage left over to spare!

go see it...SEE IT NOW! or the cute furry kittens get it!

kjuice
03-13-2005, 12:41 PM
take a visit to zeno's deive in.

enemyace
03-13-2005, 03:32 PM
"Pearl Harbor" is pretty silly, but nice effects.

"Memphis Belle", well one reviewer put it this way: "It had everything going for it - the right planes, the right costumes, the right look, the only thing they were waiting for was the right script to show up. They're still waiting." Still, I liked it.

"Battle of Britain" is a classic, you have to get past the Messerschmitts with Spitfire engines though, and the scale model Stuka's blowing up in the air. Michael Caine's deadpan deliveries are almost hilarious ("Roger, attacking now...") along with Robert Shaw's explosive persona - he basically stomps through the movie either yelling or glaring at everyone.

"Midway" is hilariously bad - definitely a movie unencumbered by realism. Note the 70's haircuts (and crowds in 1970's clothes in the background in the last scene with Henry Fonda). My favorite Twighlight Zone spot is when Charlton Heston's plane starts out as Dauntless, becomes a Devestator in another shot, then becomes an F4 Phantom jet when it blows up on the carrier deck! Wow - how cool is that!?

Quelthanas
03-13-2005, 03:43 PM
Pearl harbour, Mouahahah bullsh.t thats all like U-571. If you want a true movie on pearl Harbour attack just wathc "TORA TORA TORA"

jarink
03-13-2005, 03:49 PM
My grandfather was a B-17 bombardier (he was shot down in Oct '43). He thought Memphis Belle was one of the best movies about WWII he had ever seen. Not just technically correct, but he thought it captured the feelings of the crews rather well. The only negative thing he had to say about it was that it was a lot to have happen in just one mission!

BurningBeard
03-13-2005, 04:20 PM
The movie Memphis Bell, though very intertaining (I have watched it many times) has no resemblance to the actual crew (to include names of individuals) or the last mission the plane flew. Even the nose art is wrong. But, it is still one of my favorites.

Beard