PDA

View Full Version : Pazzi Conspiricy

joshua200830
10-27-2009, 02:59 PM
So. Many of us have already watched part 1 of lineage which we all know to be the prequel to AC2. The prequel talks about the pazzi conspiricy which was headed up by Pope Sixus who was also Assassinated during that time period. Patrice sad that "All roads lead to..." which is in fact a referance to Rome. So could Pope Sixus actually be an Assassination Target.
Discuss!

joshua200830
10-27-2009, 02:59 PM
So. Many of us have already watched part 1 of lineage which we all know to be the prequel to AC2. The prequel talks about the pazzi conspiricy which was headed up by Pope Sixus who was also Assassinated during that time period. Patrice sad that "All roads lead to..." which is in fact a referance to Rome. So could Pope Sixus actually be an Assassination Target.
Discuss!

Choopius
10-27-2009, 03:02 PM
No.

GkrewZ
10-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Its a possability but honestly i doubt it, assassinating a pope no matter how corrupt he was would prolly **** off alot of people. If anything we will just have to see when the game comes out but i doubt it.

joshua200830
10-27-2009, 03:26 PM
patrice also hinted to the pazzi conspiricy in a new interview and said we would play a pivital role in the helping Lorenzo Medici escape the coup day ta

Captain Tomatoz
10-27-2009, 03:28 PM
the pazzi conspiracy has already been confirmed ages ago and 'all roads lead to...' was the name of one of the dev dairies not something patrice said. Also rome got confirmed ages ago also http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/103/1037102/new-assassins-creed-ii-screens-20091020100101663.jpg

com199
10-27-2009, 03:45 PM
I'm not catholic and killing the pope would ****ing **** the living **** out of me to tell you the truth. I have great respect for them, even if at one point they were corrupt *******.

joshua200830
10-27-2009, 04:08 PM
perhaps we dont do it ourselves but pope sixus WAS assassinated so it would be historically accurate

El_Sjietah
10-27-2009, 04:10 PM
People really need to learn how to see things in perspective. Killing an evil pope in a video game in no way translates to Christian hate. Stop hiding your uncertainties behind all these outrages lashes at anything that very mildly comes in the vicinity of critisizing what you believe in. If you truly believe in what you stand for, you wouldn't care what others think.

Besides, Medieval popes were reknowned to be a bunch of asses. They were as much saints as I am, if not less. Popes got assassinated left and right in those days, only to be replaced by a pope more suiting to the conspirators. I hope ACII does include this assassination, because all it does is recreate the past. If Catholics start ranting about this, it only shows how ashamed they are of their heritage.

Not directed at you, com199.

UchihaKarasu
10-27-2009, 04:34 PM
I kind of want to take out Pope Alexander....and Savonarola....
and I'm biblical but they both had serious problems.

joshua200830
10-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Karasu you are a renasaince buff will you check on the Assassination of pope sixus and post it here. Thank You

com199
10-27-2009, 04:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
People really need to learn how to see things in perspective. Killing an evil pope in a video game in no way translates to Christian hate. Stop hiding your uncertainties behind all these outrages lashes at anything that very mildly comes in the vicinity of critisizing what you believe in. If you truly believe in what you stand for, you wouldn't care what others think.

Besides, Medieval popes were reknowned to be a bunch of asses. They were as much saints as I am, if not less. Popes got assassinated left and right in those days, only to be replaced by a pope more suiting to the conspirators. I hope ACII does include this assassination, because all it does is recreate the past. If Catholics start ranting about this, it only shows how ashamed they are of their heritage.

Not directed at you, com199. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I wouldn't care if you did. I was waiting for someone to go.. IT'S JUST A GAME!!! I mean seriously. get over it... I just don't like killing people I respect ever. Dat's all

Captain Tomatoz
10-27-2009, 04:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by com199:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:

I wouldn't care if you did. I was waiting for someone to go.. IT'S JUST A GAME!!! I mean seriously. get over it... I just don't like killing people I respect ever. Dat's all </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you do realise that your not actually killing them in real life

joshua200830
10-27-2009, 05:22 PM
i look at it like this if hollywood can make a movie like Angel and demons which also revolves around the assassination of a pope than a video game designer can also use the same method in a fictional game based on historical facts.

Choopius
10-27-2009, 05:29 PM
I know no more than any of you but I can pretty damn well guarantee that there is no way you will kill a Pope in this game.

Also, Alexander was THOUGHT to have been accidentally poisoned by his son but it was never proven. His symptoms have also been attributed to modern day Malaria.

joshua200830
10-27-2009, 05:31 PM
look up pope sixtus iv he was pope in 1476 and it says he was assassinated soon after the pazzi conspiricy also we might have somethin to do with his nephew

Choopius
10-27-2009, 05:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joshua200830:
look up pope sixus he was pope in 1476 and it says he was assassinated soon after the pazzi conspiricy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"It has been suggested that, having taken into account the unusual level of decomposition, Alexander VI was accidentally poisoned to death by his son with Cantarella (which was prepared to eliminate Cardinal Adriano), although some commentaries (including the Encyclopędia Britannica) doubt these stories and attribute Alexander's death to malaria, at that time prevalent in Rome, or to another such pestilence. The ambassador of Ferrara wrote to Duke Ercole that it was no wonder the pope and the duke were sick because nearly everyone in Rome was ill as a consequence of bad air ("per la mala condictione de aere")" IE: Malria. LINK (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Alexander_VI)

"Later the tale ran that he had drunk by mistake a poisoned cup of wine which he had prepared for his host. Nothing is more certain than that the poison which killed him was the deadly microbe of the Roman campagna [Pastor, op. cit., III, 469-472; Creighton, Hist. of the Papacy (London 1887), IV, 44]. His remains lie in the Spanish national church of Santa Maria di Monserrato." LINK (http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01289a.htm)

El_Sjietah
10-27-2009, 06:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by com199:

I wouldn't care if you did. I was waiting for someone to go.. IT'S JUST A GAME!!! I mean seriously. get over it... I just don't like killing people I respect ever. Dat's all </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You respect corrupt popes?

joshua200830
10-27-2009, 06:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Choopius:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joshua200830:
look up pope sixus he was pope in 1476 and it says he was assassinated soon after the pazzi conspiricy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"It has been suggested that, having taken into account the unusual level of decomposition, Alexander VI was accidentally poisoned to death by his son with Cantarella (which was prepared to eliminate Cardinal Adriano), although some commentaries (including the Encyclopędia Britannica) doubt these stories and attribute Alexander's death to malaria, at that time prevalent in Rome, or to another such pestilence. The ambassador of Ferrara wrote to Duke Ercole that it was no wonder the pope and the duke were sick because nearly everyone in Rome was ill as a consequence of bad air ("per la mala condictione de aere")" IE: Malria. LINK (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Alexander_VI)

"Later the tale ran that he had drunk by mistake a poisoned cup of wine which he had prepared for his host. Nothing is more certain than that the poison which killed him was the deadly microbe of the Roman campagna [Pastor, op. cit., III, 469-472; Creighton, Hist. of the Papacy (London 1887), IV, 44]. His remains lie in the Spanish national church of Santa Maria di Monserrato." LINK (http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01289a.htm) </div></BLOCKQUOTE> What does this have to do with the pazzi conspiracy and pope sixtus iv who lived in 1476 not 1887 pay attention to the things you post. this has no relivence

Xm3buX
10-27-2009, 06:20 PM
According to issue 84 of Xbox World 360, you do indeed assassinate the pope:

http://forums.xbox.com/29424564/ShowPost.aspx

joshua200830
10-27-2009, 06:43 PM
actually it just stated that you meet the pope not assassinate him

Xm3buX
10-27-2009, 06:53 PM
actually it just stated that you meet the pope not assassinate him </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read the part next to where it says "*MAJOR SPOILER TO THE RIGHT*"

EmperorxZurg
10-27-2009, 06:59 PM
and who says he's right? people have come on before saying they had information from a source like this that was then later blatantly proved wrong. And think about the facts, When Dante's inferno was shown, almost every Catholic tried to sue the company for just using one of their churches without permission, how will assassinating the Pope NOT anger them even more?

the amolang
10-27-2009, 07:03 PM
I have to say that I am less shocked now that the pope may actually be a target considering that MW2 will have you as a terrorist in the first level... so I'm not shocked really, and it won't be as controversial as MW2 innocent civilians being gunned down by terrorists...

joshua200830
10-27-2009, 07:12 PM
How reliable is X-BOX magazine

Choopius
10-27-2009, 07:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Choopius:

"Later the tale ran that he had drunk by mistake a poisoned cup of wine which he had prepared for his host. Nothing is more certain than that the poison which killed him was the deadly microbe of the Roman campagna [Pastor, op. cit., III, 469-472; Creighton, Hist. of the Papacy (London 1887), IV, 44]. His remains lie in the Spanish national church of Santa Maria di Monserrato." LINK (http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01289a.htm) </div></BLOCKQUOTE> What does this have to do with the pazzi conspiracy and pope sixtus iv who lived in 1476 not 1887 pay attention to the things you post. this has no relivence </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Joshua, take a second and comprehend things before you open your mouth. I'd explain but you've already proved that you're too lazy to read.

Hint 1: There are 2 Popes that reigned during the time frame of the game.

Hint 2: Notice that "1887" was a book citation.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

joshua200830
10-27-2009, 07:24 PM
well thanks for being a jerk ill take that under advisement and for your information there were 4 popes during that time period.

Choopius
10-27-2009, 07:29 PM
well thanks for being a jerk ill take that under advisement and for your information there were 4 popes during that time period. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, not trying to be a jerk but I'm not the one that posted: "pay attention to the things you post. this has no relivence".

Handshake from my end. And back to the topic....

joshua200830
10-27-2009, 07:31 PM
handshake and apologies from my end

craxe
10-27-2009, 07:32 PM
I think that we SHOULD assassinate the pope, but that's probably partly because of my little rule which is, "**** the church, I'll do what I want" and partly because I've always wanted to assassinate someone important.

El_Sjietah
10-27-2009, 07:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by craxe:
I think that we SHOULD assassinate the pope, but thats mostly because of my little rule which is, "F**k the church, I'll do what I want". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're about as annoying as those religious fanatics. Hating something gives it as much existance rights as acknowledging it.

craxe
10-27-2009, 07:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by craxe:
I think that we SHOULD assassinate the pope, but thats mostly because of my little rule which is, "F**k the church, I'll do what I want". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're about as annoying as those religious fanatics. Hating something gives it as much existance rights as acknowledging it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You misunderstand what I meant. I never said I hated them, I said that I don't care what they say I should do. In other words, I meant what I said.

El_Sjietah
10-27-2009, 07:42 PM
You're about as annoying as those religious fanatics. Hating something gives it as much existance rights as acknowledging it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You misunderstand what I meant. I never said I hated them, I said that I don't care what they say I should do. In other words, I meant what I said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I guess the "F**K the church" bit threw me off http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

thekyle0
10-27-2009, 07:43 PM
Why would you blame the pope for what the church's rules are? Why would you be angry that the church has rules when there is no way for them to force you to follow them? Why are you bypassing the auto-censor?! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

craxe
10-27-2009, 07:44 PM

You misunderstand what I meant. I never said I hated them, I said that I don't care what they say I should do. In other words, I meant what I said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I guess the "F**K the church" bit threw me off http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem, I sometimes confuse people. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

craxe
10-27-2009, 07:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:
Why would you blame the pope for what the church's rules are? Why would you be angry that the church has rules when there is no way for them to force you to follow them? Why are you bypassing the auto-censor?! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because I want to assassinate the pope!!! It seems like a challenge.

thekyle0
10-27-2009, 07:49 PM
It would be the perfect mission. Somehow I think it will be one of those situations where Ezio tries to kill him but he gets away and the story never ties down the loose end.

El_Sjietah
10-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Like that Templar chick in ACI. It was like "wow, she's a chick, remember that, it will be important" for 5 minutes, then they completely forgot about it themselves.

joshua200830
10-27-2009, 08:03 PM
does anyone know if x-box magazine is reliable

kakashi560
10-28-2009, 07:49 PM
probably is. but honestly i dont get OXM i get OPM lol so i dont really know

An_Idea
10-28-2009, 07:54 PM
opium kills http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

salted onions
10-28-2009, 08:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by An_Idea:
opium kills http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So do ASSASSINS.

Airadan
10-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Popes have a long history of being ****s even the guy atm hates gays also correct me if im wrong but all popes have been guys.also popes have a history of being corrupt(then again everything was in those days)

Corrupt,Well known person in history,died around the same time that ac2 is set, looks like were killing the pope. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif hahaha

o yeah sorry if I insulted any of you out there.