PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I pre-order the animus edition?

awesomeninjafy
11-10-2011, 10:49 AM
i live in the uk, and i thought you were able to pre-order a game up until the day before it is released. i check today and find that, when i click to pre-order the animus edition from ubishop, it either says that the product is unavailable, or that "they are currently unable to perform the selected action." i asked my friend, and he said that he had the same problem over a week ago. I was wondering if the pre-order server had just crashed, or if there is some sort of cut-off date for pre-ordering?

awesomeninjafy
11-10-2011, 10:49 AM
i live in the uk, and i thought you were able to pre-order a game up until the day before it is released. i check today and find that, when i click to pre-order the animus edition from ubishop, it either says that the product is unavailable, or that "they are currently unable to perform the selected action." i asked my friend, and he said that he had the same problem over a week ago. I was wondering if the pre-order server had just crashed, or if there is some sort of cut-off date for pre-ordering?

InfectedNation
11-10-2011, 10:50 AM
I heard somewhere that they're out of stock

EscoBlades
11-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Ubishop ran out of preorders a while ago. The Animus Edition is limited in number. I actually posted in a thread when this happened a while back.

Try Gamestop.co.uk, i believe they still have Animus editions for preorder.

edit: Here's the page you need! (http://www.gamestop.co.uk/core/common/Default.aspx?quickSearch=Assassins%20Creed:%20Reve lations%20-%20Animus%20Edition)

awesomeninjafy
11-10-2011, 10:58 AM
thanks!! but they don't seem to have the animus edition:/

EscoBlades
11-10-2011, 11:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by awesomeninjafy:
thanks!! but they don't seem to have the animus edition:/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then it is sold out everywhere. Sorry.

Abeonis
11-10-2011, 11:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by awesomeninjafy:
i live in the uk, and i thought you were able to pre-order a game up until the day before it is released. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whilst this is, technically, true; it's, well, stupid... Did you honestly think the Animus Edition would still be available this close to release?

LightRey
11-10-2011, 11:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:
i live in the uk, and i thought you were able to pre-order a game up until the day before it is released. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whilst this is, technically, true; it's, well, stupid... Did you honestly think the Animus Edition would still be available this close to release? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Indeed. It's a collector's edition. One can and should expect it to be limited.

AnthonyA85
11-10-2011, 02:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:
Then it is sold out everywhere. Sorry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Odd,i'm looking at the Animus Edition page product page on gamestop.co.uk (it's the PC version, only one they have now), and it still says it's avialable for pre-order (and that the orders ship 9th of December)

LightRey
11-10-2011, 02:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:
Then it is sold out everywhere. Sorry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Odd,i'm looking at the Animus Edition page product page on gamestop.co.uk (it's the PC version, only one they have now), and it still says it's avialable for pre-order (and that the orders ship 9th of December) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Who said anything about the PC version? This is the console forum remember? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Jexx21
11-10-2011, 02:09 PM
No offense LightRey, but no one uses the PC forum that much anyway. The PC General Discussion forum is more like the PC Technical Help forum.

'sides, separating the console and PC players is a horrible thing to do anyway in terms of General Discussion of a game.

LightRey
11-10-2011, 02:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
No offense LightRey, but no one uses the PC forum that much anyway. The PC General Discussion forum is more like the PC Technical Help forum.

'sides, separating the console and PC players is a horrible thing to do anyway in terms of General Discussion of a game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That may be true, but if people are asking a question on this forum and it's not specified what platform it is, then there's absolutely no reason to assume they're talking about the PC. Especially if their statements would bring up contradictions were they talking about the PC version.

ShaneO7K
11-10-2011, 02:51 PM
It's just the encyclopedia that makes me want it, but I can find the information inside from other places anyway.