PDA

View Full Version : AI Awearnes and Map builder

nr88
10-12-2004, 12:08 PM
Greetings all!

Maybe the questions I'm about to ask have been asked/answered before, so I apologize for asking it again if so.

Question #1. Is it possible to add "awearnes" feature to AI Air/Ground units? Specialy AA and AAA. So in mission editor we could have...lets say 4 diferent awearnes options for AA guns (or any other unit). And skill option as for AI planes. For example...
1.Full alerted - the unit will be full alerted and in state of high readines.It will shoot at any enemy in range as it is now.They will know from where you are coming from and shoot you down as soon as they can.
2.Alerted - Unit is in state of normal readines. "Humans" are not curently occupying AA guns,but they are close to them and can occupie them ASAP. In this case, low recon plane could survive flying one pass over high protected base/ship, for example.
3. Normal - "Humans" are not occupying guns, and they are not expecting any attack on them or any kind of enemy air activity over them.They are inside barracks/ship cabins and they are awake but not alerted... playing cards and stuff.Again, low level planes could easy perform attack by surprise, but huge,slow and high bomber formations couldnt.
4. Relaxed - They are all drunk and having a worst hangover. There is no readines at all. Wing of B-17's could bomb them and then land in their base and they will not know it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

These were just funny examples... But something like this could do it.

Question #2. As this game is under constant development... Did developers thought of giving out a "world/map builder"? I know that there are many people who would like to fly over their own countries/cityes... And i know that it is very difficult to make one detailed map of area.And it can be hard to find precise maps, specialy from 40's. But... we will not find it out until we try...

S!

nr88
10-12-2004, 12:08 PM
Greetings all!

Maybe the questions I'm about to ask have been asked/answered before, so I apologize for asking it again if so.

Question #1. Is it possible to add "awearnes" feature to AI Air/Ground units? Specialy AA and AAA. So in mission editor we could have...lets say 4 diferent awearnes options for AA guns (or any other unit). And skill option as for AI planes. For example...
1.Full alerted - the unit will be full alerted and in state of high readines.It will shoot at any enemy in range as it is now.They will know from where you are coming from and shoot you down as soon as they can.
2.Alerted - Unit is in state of normal readines. "Humans" are not curently occupying AA guns,but they are close to them and can occupie them ASAP. In this case, low recon plane could survive flying one pass over high protected base/ship, for example.
3. Normal - "Humans" are not occupying guns, and they are not expecting any attack on them or any kind of enemy air activity over them.They are inside barracks/ship cabins and they are awake but not alerted... playing cards and stuff.Again, low level planes could easy perform attack by surprise, but huge,slow and high bomber formations couldnt.
4. Relaxed - They are all drunk and having a worst hangover. There is no readines at all. Wing of B-17's could bomb them and then land in their base and they will not know it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

These were just funny examples... But something like this could do it.

Question #2. As this game is under constant development... Did developers thought of giving out a "world/map builder"? I know that there are many people who would like to fly over their own countries/cityes... And i know that it is very difficult to make one detailed map of area.And it can be hard to find precise maps, specialy from 40's. But... we will not find it out until we try...

S!

VW-IceFire
10-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Map builder is a no. Its a very specialized and difficult process. Apparently also uses some closely guarded technology that is at the core of the game as well and they don't want to sign that away right now.

Only 3-4 people are currently authorized outside of the original development team to even contemplate working on maps. One of those guys will be presenting the Murmansk map in the near future.

plumps_
10-13-2004, 12:57 AM
Read this thread at SimHQ (http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=98;t=012510#000000) about Map design.