PDA

View Full Version : New to 1946 questions.. please help

WillisPD
04-24-2007, 12:14 PM
hello, I just got 1946. I have played the game off and on over the last few years (I had IL-2 Gold but could not get it to work with pacific fighters)

1. anyway, i got the first 1946 disk to load and run fine. The second disk does not do anything... how do i integrate them?

2. how do the german guided missiles work? I cant seem to figure them out (and dont know where to find the instructions)

I would like to thank everyone in advace for helping

WPD

WillisPD
04-24-2007, 12:14 PM
hello, I just got 1946. I have played the game off and on over the last few years (I had IL-2 Gold but could not get it to work with pacific fighters)

1. anyway, i got the first 1946 disk to load and run fine. The second disk does not do anything... how do i integrate them?

2. how do the german guided missiles work? I cant seem to figure them out (and dont know where to find the instructions)

I would like to thank everyone in advace for helping

WPD

berg417448
04-24-2007, 12:34 PM
The second disc contains some bonus material...nothing that you actually need to play the game. According to some posters on this site, some versions of IL2 1946 only came with one disc.

You can guide the X-4 missiles with the bomb sight controls.

There is a PDF game manual and Aircraft Guide on disc 1.

FluffyDucks2
04-24-2007, 05:12 PM
The pdf game manual and aircraft guide are both in your 46 folder http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

Skycat_2
04-24-2007, 05:47 PM
Neither the manual nor the Aircraft guide will explain how to use the guided missiles. The Word document (in your 1946 game folder) titled ReadmePF is a treasure chest of important information:

X-4 Rocket

The X-4 air-to-air rocket is wire guided. All rocket-carrying aircraft (Ta-152C, Ta-183 and Heinkel Lerche III) have a single rocket control module, and as such can guide only one rocket at a time. When launching multiple rockets simultaneously, only the last rocket fired can be guided.

To guide the rocket, use the "Increase Sight Attitude", "Decrease Sight Attitude", "Adjust Sight Control to Right" and "Adjust Sight Control to Left" keys. We recommend assigning them to the Up, Down, Right, and Left arrow keys correspondingly.

The easiest way to guide the rocket to target is to fire from the target's six-o-clock level while flying on the same course. Guide the rocket to keep the lights on top of the target with no visible lateral movement until the moment of impact. Use gentle taps to provide last-minute guidance. The rockets detonate remotely, so no direct impact is required.

This method should be used to attack non-maneuvering heavy bombers from 3,000 to 3,500 meters away.

NOTE: The guiding wire is not visually modeled.

You'll have to assign the sight altitude keys yourself, as they are undefined by default. Go into the Controls area of your main menu, and click into the large empty spaces next to the functions that need keys mapped to them. Type your preferred keystroke, and make the changes when you are done. This thread may help you get started: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/9901017394

Happy flying!

WillisPD
04-25-2007, 06:43 AM
Thank you everyone who helped!!!