PDA

View Full Version : P-47 ammo management

RPMcMurphy
04-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Wow, I may have just been converted to a jug pilot. I'm a life-long noob I geuss. Holy crap. I found that if I use four of the .50 cals at a time instead of all eight I can stay on station and have alot-more ammo on a mission. As opposed to the 6 fifties on a Mustang that all shoot at the same time with no way to switch them down to only 4 shooting or even two.
I have found that having the option on the P-47 of using four or eight of the guns at a time is really that cat's meow and can change the way I fight from now on. Especially if I bring extra ammo.
I learn something new all the time with this sim. Well, off to work.

RPMcMurphy
04-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Wow, I may have just been converted to a jug pilot. I'm a life-long noob I geuss. Holy crap. I found that if I use four of the .50 cals at a time instead of all eight I can stay on station and have alot-more ammo on a mission. As opposed to the 6 fifties on a Mustang that all shoot at the same time with no way to switch them down to only 4 shooting or even two.
I have found that having the option on the P-47 of using four or eight of the guns at a time is really that cat's meow and can change the way I fight from now on. Especially if I bring extra ammo.
I learn something new all the time with this sim. Well, off to work.

general_kalle
04-05-2009, 06:57 PM
id rather go REAL close...then give him ALL guns for a short deadly burst
using 4 guns is good when you are at a bigger range and just want your enemy to turn and enable to you close the distance.

crucislancer
04-05-2009, 08:06 PM
The cool thing about that gun setup on the P-47 is you can have one set at a difference convergence, so you can have a "box" of fire. If done right you can rake a plane from engine to tail with much trouble.

However, I usually set mine to 300 yards (274.3 meters) and fire at convergence will all guns. It's usually enough to bring down a fighter, or at the very least seriously damage it. I haven't flown one in a while, though.

M_Gunz
04-05-2009, 10:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RPMcMurphy:
I'm a life-long noob I geuss. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't look that way from here.

RPMcMurphy
04-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Well that is prettt dang spiffy having two convergences going for you at the same time. I will defenitley look into that idea.
And the real-close-in all eight guns blazing is what I have done before. It works too.

Man, IRL you can hear just one .50 Cal machine gun from ten miles away. They have a distinctive sound that carries a long way. I often wonder what a P-47 would sound like flying low over head on a strafe with all those guns going. It would scare the bJesus out of people.