PDA

View Full Version : New magazine information [no scans yet]

GunnarGunderson
07-30-2011, 09:00 AM
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/9...revealed_in_360.html (http://www.nowgamer.com/news/991664/assassins_creed_revelations_revealed_in_360.html)

anyone know where I might find scans of this?

GunnarGunderson
07-30-2011, 09:00 AM
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/9...revealed_in_360.html (http://www.nowgamer.com/news/991664/assassins_creed_revelations_revealed_in_360.html)

anyone know where I might find scans of this?

RENEGADEsoup
07-30-2011, 10:41 AM
Had a quick look around, don't think any are up yet. I have a copy of it though, and it honestly doesn't say much new... it's more just trying to consolidate what we know. It's still a good read, and if you're desperate the site says you can get it via iTunes...

Only real thing I didn't know reading it was this about enemies that can blend/hide from Eagle Sense. (http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t326/ravenkle/100_5673.jpg)

DavisP92
07-30-2011, 10:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RENEGADEsoup:
Had a quick look around, don't think any are up yet. I have a copy of it though, and it honestly doesn't say much new... it's more just trying to consolidate what we know. It's still a good read, and if you're desperate the site says you can get it via iTunes...

Only real thing I didn't know reading it was this about enemies that can blend/hide from Eagle Sense. (http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t326/ravenkle/100_5673.jpg) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that was a nice read. at least they're adding more challanges for the player.

haha idk why but as i read that i kept on thinking of the secret crusade, and how malik jr. and his assassins were blending in the crowd with out Altair knowing

Calvarok
07-30-2011, 03:42 PM
From what I understand they can't hide from eagle sense, they just can use blend groups.

kriegerdesgottes
07-30-2011, 03:53 PM
So are there any new pics that we haven't seen?

RENEGADEsoup
07-30-2011, 04:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
From what I understand they can't hide from eagle sense, they just can use blend groups. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, pretty much. I didn't know how to word it ^__^;

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
So are there any new pics that we haven't seen? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They've mostly just re-used screenshots we already had... the only thing I hadn't seen before is screenshot of Ezio holding onto the side of a tower with his hookblade, with the "camera" kind of up-and-behind him so you can see down into a town square and what looks like a guard dressed in red on the ledge below him. It's slightly pixelated though, like they tried to make it too big. I'd get a photograph for you now, but the daylight's gone and it won't come out properly... and my scanner is absolute rubbish.

There's also this on the opening page, which isn't completely new but which I only recently found. (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110707013730/assassinscreed/images/b/bc/Wallpaper_assassins_creed_revelations_02_1600.jpg)

kriegerdesgottes
07-30-2011, 04:27 PM
That's cool I've already seen that pic anyway but thanks for telling me cuz the article gave me the impression that there might be some new pics.

dchil279
07-30-2011, 05:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RENEGADEsoup:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
From what I understand they can't hide from eagle sense, they just can use blend groups. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, pretty much. I didn't know how to word it ^__^;

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
So are there any new pics that we haven't seen? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They've mostly just re-used screenshots we already had... the only thing I hadn't seen before is screenshot of Ezio holding onto the side of a tower with his hookblade, with the "camera" kind of up-and-behind him so you can see down into a town square and what looks like a guard dressed in red on the ledge below him. It's slightly pixelated though, like they tried to make it too big. I'd get a photograph for you now, but the daylight's gone and it won't come out properly... and my scanner is absolute rubbish.

There's also this on the opening page, which isn't completely new but which I only recently found. (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110707013730/assassinscreed/images/b/bc/Wallpaper_assassins_creed_revelations_02_1600.jpg) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Is that picture cut off at the bottom? If so, is there a place where I can find the full pic?

MacDaddyMcC
07-30-2011, 05:47 PM
Nice read although it isnt anything substantial. Atleast its more information!

NewBlade200
07-30-2011, 06:07 PM
I'm still taking this with a helluva lot of salt. Remember all the things they told us about ACB which turned out to be completely bull turd, like the papal guards, and recruits being incredibly customizable.
I'd take that into careful consideration before you get unreasonably exited.

RENEGADEsoup
07-30-2011, 06:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:
I'm still taking this with a helluva lot of salt. Remember all the things they told us about ACB which turned out to be completely bull turd, like the papal guards, and recruits being incredibly customizable.
I'd take that into careful consideration before you get unreasonably exited. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very true.

LightRey
07-30-2011, 07:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:
I'd take that into careful consideration before you get unreasonably exited. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't worry.
*is not very excited about it anyways*

Animuses
07-30-2011, 07:58 PM
Same here... But with our low expectations, we may find the game to be even better.

GunnarGunderson
07-30-2011, 08:08 PM
I'd take that into careful consideration before you get unreasonably exited. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I wonder what piece of armour they'll force us to buy and wear for the entire game

LightRey
07-30-2011, 09:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BradKinn:
I'd take that into careful consideration before you get unreasonably exited. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I wonder what piece of armour they'll force us to buy and wear for the entire game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
*cares even less about that*

Calvarok
07-30-2011, 11:14 PM
Well that's totally different. Alexandre seems to be more transparent about what is actually in the game. You can exaggerate "recruits will be customizable" when the recruits are very limited, but when you plainly spell out that some targets or enemies will use blend groups, then we know that will be in the game for sure.

No information we've been given so far has been vauge, excluding how acrobatic movement attacks will work, how Cappidocia fits in, and exactly what the puzzle gameplay involving desmond will be.

Rakudaton
07-31-2011, 09:13 AM
Well that's totally different. Alexandre seems to be more transparent about what is actually in the game. You can exaggerate "recruits will be customizable" when the recruits are very limited, but when you plainly spell out that some targets or enemies will use blend groups, then we know that will be in the game for sure.

No information we've been given so far has been vauge, excluding how acrobatic movement attacks will work, how Cappidocia fits in, and exactly what the puzzle gameplay involving desmond will be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh?

Acrobatic movement attacks? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Where have they said this?

The only things that could fit into this description that I've seen would be the old aerial kill and the new flip-roll-type maneouvre where he rolls over an enemy's back. But that's actually been given as gameplay, so it's not vague.

Is there something I've missed?

Mr_Shade
07-31-2011, 09:59 AM
I will just remind people that posting scans from magazines - is a breach of copyright.

And as such, any links to them will be removed.

albertwesker22
07-31-2011, 10:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
I will just remind people that posting scans from magazines - is a breach of copyright.

And as such, any links to them will be removed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hard http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

GunnarGunderson
07-31-2011, 11:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:

And as such, any links to them will be removed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

right, no magazine scans allowed

This totally isn't a magazine scan (http://blackacrebrewing.com/hey.swf)

Calvarok
07-31-2011, 12:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:

No information we've been given so far has been vauge, excluding how acrobatic movement attacks will work, how Cappidocia fits in, and exactly what the puzzle gameplay involving desmond will be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh?

Acrobatic movement attacks? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Where have they said this?

The only things that could fit into this description that I've seen would be the old aerial kill and the new flip-roll-type maneouvre where he rolls over an enemy's back. But that's actually been given as gameplay, so it's not vague.

Is there something I've missed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They've discussed the fact that Ezio can attack while moving, and not lose any momentum. That animation is obviously part of that system, but they haven't gone into any detail on it. It's certainly not vauge enough for them to be totally making it up, however.

NewBlade200
08-01-2011, 05:38 PM
But it is vague enough for it to be game breaking.

Jakob4242
08-01-2011, 08:31 PM

They've discussed the fact that Ezio can attack while moving, and not lose any momentum. That animation is obviously part of that system, but they haven't gone into any detail on it. It's certainly not vauge enough for them to be totally making it up, however. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could it be in reference to the move Ezio does in the E3 demo? When he runs up to a guard he flips over the guard's back.

Calvarok
08-01-2011, 10:53 PM
But it is vague enough for it to be game breaking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We weren't talking about gamebreaking, we were talking about EXISTING.

But honestly, I don't see what's wrong with it. It's a more stylish way to enter or escape combat, and if guards are more persistant in following you it could lead to some great chases.