PDA

View Full Version : A few things that've been bothering me



ProletariatPleb
08-20-2011, 09:05 AM
Hi there,[for the record] I have been an AC fan since the original AC came out and just plainly LOVE this series, however a few things have been bothering me.

1.Limbs going through clothes, even in the revelations gamescom demo, I noticed Alta´r's brown boots coming out of the robes while running. In AC:B the Brutus Armour as well as Drachen armour have the same problem.

2.On viewpoints, when Ezio is perched on the outwards beam, his lower part of his clothes goes thru the beam.

On a side-note, the character details have improved greatly, I remember in AC2 Ezio's elder brother had weird facial details, I was kinda disappointed due to it.

Now I'm no crybaby and these things are minor, but still make a difference, I wonder why these haven't been fixed, is it an engine limitation?

ProletariatPleb
08-20-2011, 09:05 AM
Hi there,[for the record] I have been an AC fan since the original AC came out and just plainly LOVE this series, however a few things have been bothering me.

1.Limbs going through clothes, even in the revelations gamescom demo, I noticed Alta´r's brown boots coming out of the robes while running. In AC:B the Brutus Armour as well as Drachen armour have the same problem.

2.On viewpoints, when Ezio is perched on the outwards beam, his lower part of his clothes goes thru the beam.

On a side-note, the character details have improved greatly, I remember in AC2 Ezio's elder brother had weird facial details, I was kinda disappointed due to it.

Now I'm no crybaby and these things are minor, but still make a difference, I wonder why these haven't been fixed, is it an engine limitation?

SupremeCaptain
08-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Well, in ACB in the early videos, Ezio's default robes went through his legs A LOT. Ubi heard the complaints and fixed that.

So hopefully the clipping will be fixed for Revelations.

And with the clothing reacting to buildings, I think because it will take more power to run it and may cause lag with all the collision and stuff involved.

E-Zekiel
08-20-2011, 04:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:
Well, in ACB in the early videos, Ezio's default robes went through his legs A LOT. Ubi heard the complaints and fixed that.

So hopefully the clipping will be fixed for Revelations.

And with the clothing reacting to buildings, I think because it will take more power to run it and may cause lag with all the collision and stuff involved. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. Brutus and Drachen armor are both stupid looking anyway, proper clipping would not save them and make them look like something even remotely cool.

2. Fair enough. Workable, but I can't say it bothers me as much as it seems to bother you.

Calvarok
08-20-2011, 05:04 PM
What needs to be fixed as they need to make Altair's robes go back farther to simulate them being pushed by the kicking of the feet. As for viewpoints, that would be very difficult to implement unless they just made the animation for standing on a view point have his robes scrunched up. actual draping would be impossible to pull off without a much better engine.

SupremeCaptain
08-20-2011, 05:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:
Well, in ACB in the early videos, Ezio's default robes went through his legs A LOT. Ubi heard the complaints and fixed that.

So hopefully the clipping will be fixed for Revelations.

And with the clothing reacting to buildings, I think because it will take more power to run it and may cause lag with all the collision and stuff involved. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. Brutus and Drachen armor are both stupid looking anyway, proper clipping would not save them and make them look like something even remotely cool.

2. Fair enough. Workable, but I can't say it bothers me as much as it seems to bother you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

... Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

EDIT: Nevermind. :P

ProletariatPleb
08-21-2011, 02:28 AM
Well, it bothers me...in AC:B we had capes, good they've been removed in Revelations, in AC;B I noticed weapons too clipping out of the cape...

Edit:
Remembered another thing, the blood.

1.It was awesome in the original AC, in AC2 it became kinda...splashy, and more like multiple red colored lines.

2. In AC:B and even in the gamescom demo, the blood shown on Ezio's own clothes,(or maybe it was Alta´r) the blood pattern DOES NOT MOVE with the clothing, it stays there, but the clothes move UNDER the pattern. 0_o

Just saying because I like AC, it's cities etc are so greatly detailed, these small details...well, they kinda.....look bad if you're taking a video or sumthin, or otherwise as well.

Calvarok
08-21-2011, 02:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sidspyker24:
Well, it bothers me...in AC:B we had capes, good they've been removed in Revelations, in AC;B I noticed weapons too clipping out of the cape...

Edit:
Remembered another thing, the blood.

1.It was awesome in the original AC, in AC2 it became kinda...splashy, and more like multiple red colored lines.

2. In AC:B and even in the gamescom demo, the blood shown on Ezio's own clothes,(or maybe it was Alta´r) the blood pattern MOVES with the clothing 0_o

Just saying because I like AC, it's cities etc are so greatly detailed, these small details...well, they kinda.....look abd if you're taking a video or sumthin, or otherwise as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Why should the blood pattern not move with the clothing if it's on it? I think you may be talking about it NOT moving. All I can say is that after a brief bad spot with blood effects in aC2, they've been getting better and better since brotherhood. About the clipping issues with running, the usually have a few at this stage of development, but they fix them in time for the game to come out.

kriegerdesgottes
08-21-2011, 02:52 AM
What bothers me a little about the last three games is that Ezio doesn't use a sheath at all. His sword just hangs there on nothing and if you play as desmond it becomes even more clear how his sword just hangs there. In the first game it seems like they paid more attention to little details( probably because they were allowed to have the proper amount of time to do that) and now even in the new demo Altair's sword just hangs there with no sheath.

ProletariatPleb
08-21-2011, 04:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
What bothers me a little about the last three games is that Ezio doesn't use a sheath at all. His sword just hangs there on nothing and if you play as desmond it becomes even more clear how his sword just hangs there. In the first game it seems like they paid more attention to little details( probably because they were allowed to have the proper amount of time to do that) and now even in the new demo Altair's sword just hangs there with no sheath. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, in AC1, Alta´r had a sheath, in AC2 it just hung there, well, it did for everyone in the game, maybe 15th/16th century nobles were allowed to carry weapons.....oh yeah, they used to have condottiero, maybe that's why, but now that he's in Middle East, he has a sheath, maybe because Middle East isn't so liberal with weapons?

Plus, it was a Demo of Alta´r gameplay, maybe they had just pulled up necessary stuff for it?

I remember the E3 gameplay had a sheath...

I suppose the cape does the job of a half-sheath here, lol.

itsamea-mario
08-21-2011, 05:32 AM
Sheaths don't hide your weapon, they protect it and stop you accidentally stabbing yourself or someone else.