PDA

View Full Version : Does TrackIR lockup when using Padlock???

AStotzer
11-15-2004, 03:11 PM
This has been happening to me, and it seems only when I use a padlock view.

My TrackIR is working fine. Then I go to a Padlock view, and I understand that if I am in the cockpit, TrackIR should not be in control of the view anymore while I am in padlock view. But when I press F1 to go back to just the cockpit view, TrackIR doesn't work for a while (about 30 seconds), and I have to wiggle my head back and forth in front of the TrackIR usually to fix it.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?? Maybe the Padlock key commands are 'toggles'?? And I have to press them again or something to turn them off???? I don't know.

Does anyone know about this, and how to fix it??

Thanks!

gates123
11-15-2004, 05:22 PM
I thought track IR killed the padlock star.

Woof603
11-15-2004, 06:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AStotzer:
This has been happening to me, and it seems only when I use a padlock view.

My TrackIR is working fine. Then I go to a Padlock view, and I understand that if I am in the cockpit, TrackIR should not be in control of the view anymore while I am in padlock view. But when I press F1 to go back to just the cockpit view, TrackIR doesn't work for a while (about 30 seconds), and I have to wiggle my head back and forth in front of the TrackIR usually to fix it.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?? Maybe the Padlock key commands are 'toggles'?? And I have to press them again or something to turn them off???? I don't know.

Does anyone know about this, and how to fix it??

Thanks! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have padlock view keyed to a button on my Ch throttle. It switches from TrackIR to Padlock and back again with no delays or problems.

AStotzer
11-16-2004, 08:11 AM
So, do you turn trackir off, then padlock on with that button? I wonder if I have to turn trackir off before I padlock, then back on again afterward...

strelnik_Sipi
11-16-2004, 08:14 AM
Why do u want to use padlock when u got TIR? Padlock is useless once u master TIR.

RocketDog
11-16-2004, 08:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by strelnik_Sipi:
Why do u want to use padlock when u got TIR? Padlock is useless once u master TIR. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I find the combination of padlock and TIR very useful. Usually, I switch to padlock in the final moments of a firing approach so that slight head movements don't throw my aim off.

Regards,

RocketDog.

AStotzer
11-16-2004, 08:28 AM
Ditto.

strelnik_Sipi
11-16-2004, 08:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RocketDog:
...slight head movements don't throw my aim off.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thats why i said "once u master TIR" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Set a deadzone in your profile or learn some selfdiscipline and dont move head while shooting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif If u can learn it u will never again need to use padlock.

AStotzer
11-16-2004, 08:55 AM
First off, why do you care if we want to use both? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

I can use TrackIR very well, but I also like to 'play' with this 'game', and try out different things, like also using padlock.

Also, TrackIR is not so good in External View, so I like to use the External Air and External Ground 'Padlock' when in that view, it's fun.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

IDF_Raam
11-16-2004, 09:21 AM
don't know about padloc with trackir - never use it.
i do use a button that centers trackir and prevent it's movement as long as i press it - and this way preventing head-shakes in critical moments.

Woof603
11-16-2004, 09:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AStotzer:
So, do you turn trackir off, then padlock on with that button? I wonder if I have to turn trackir off before I padlock, then back on again afterward... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I do not turn TrackIR off. I just mash the padlock button and it switches instantly. The button I use has an up/down motion. Up turns on Padlock and down turns it off.