PDA

View Full Version : Oh you have got to see this!

Freiwillige
10-18-2008, 03:20 PM
For those who havent seen this beauty be prepared for your Jaw to hit the floor!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejWvcV-0e9I

This JAFA guy has outdone himself its just simply amazing the sounds he's mixed. Ive got them and its a whole new game!

Freiwillige
10-18-2008, 03:20 PM
For those who havent seen this beauty be prepared for your Jaw to hit the floor!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejWvcV-0e9I

This JAFA guy has outdone himself its just simply amazing the sounds he's mixed. Ive got them and its a whole new game!

M_Gunz
10-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Do any sound like they would from inside the plane with helmet and headphones on?
What I saw there was great for externals.

Freiwillige
10-18-2008, 04:41 PM
They sound even better from the inside. P-51's and P-47's come alive now. Today I have had the most realistic (My opinion) almost religious IL2 experiance. I loaded up 1946 patched 4.08. Downloaded the Sound mod version 093. Got these sounds from Jafa and added the.......

Special Effects Pack
V 0.1
Included next mods
-engine startup flame by slipry
-vas_curving_Smoketrail by Stuka_40
-vas_White_curving_smoketrail by Stuka_40
-SmokeFire_Effects by Th!rdeye
-Weapon_Effects by Th!rdeye
-GunsmokeMod_v1.0 by Maven
-Weapon Hit Effects by Maven
-Flaks by buffy
-Explosion by vpmedia
-Craters by Bee
V 0.2
Added next mods
-Oil Blotch by Avala
-Propellor lite by renmik and stuka_40
-new bomb explosion by stuka 40
-new textures for SmokeFire_Effects by FlushMeister

After that I was just dumbstruck at how much farther this sim has come.....come alive!

The differance is mind blowing! I recommend this setup as it is easy and worth the work.

Friendly_flyer
10-19-2008, 01:54 AM
He's made the air show we all wish we could go to!

tagTaken2
10-19-2008, 02:13 AM
The airshow I'd really like to see is going to require a time machine, but this is a great video, fantastic sounds.

montecristo1981
10-19-2008, 06:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Freiwillige:
They sound even better from the inside. P-51's and P-47's come alive now. Today I have had the most realistic (My opinion) almost religious IL2 experiance. I loaded up 1946 patched 4.08. Downloaded the Sound mod version 093. Got these sounds from Jafa and added the.......

Special Effects Pack
V 0.1
Included next mods
-Flaks by buffy
-Explosion by vpmedia
-Craters by Bee
V 0.2
Added next mods
-Oil Blotch by Avala

After that I was just dumbstruck at how much farther this sim has come.....come alive!

The differance is mind blowing! I recommend this setup as it is easy and worth the work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im having trouble finding the folder he says to drop the files in. Can yoo upoint me in the right direction?

He says

USER GUIDE........
Open the program files
Open the ubisoft folder.....
Open il sturmovik ......
Find the Files folder and open it

First off, i installed the game to my Games folder. I go to C:Games/Ubisoft/Il21946 but i dont have a FILES folder. I do have a preset folder, but its only got about 7 sounds in it, sirens,carrier sfx etc.

Also, could you point me to some of those Mods you mentioned above?

general_kalle
10-19-2008, 09:09 AM
there are no flying Tempests around anymore is there?

otherwise it should be able to make that airshow again shouldn't it?

Deedsundone
10-19-2008, 09:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by montecristo1981:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Freiwillige:

Special Effects Pack
V 0.1
Included next mods
-Flaks by buffy
-Explosion by vpmedia
-Craters by Bee
V 0.2
Added next mods
-Oil Blotch by Avala

The differance is mind blowing! I recommend this setup as it is easy and worth the work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im having trouble finding the folder he says to drop the files in. Can yoo upoint me in the right direction?

He says

USER GUIDE........
Open the program files
Open the ubisoft folder.....
Open il sturmovik ......
Find the Files folder and open it

First off, i installed the game to my Games folder. I go to C:Games/Ubisoft/Il21946 but i dont have a FILES folder. I do have a preset folder, but its only got about 7 sounds in it, sirens,carrier sfx etc.

Also, could you point me to some of those Mods you mentioned above? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The easiest way to get a modded 1946 is to use the unified installer at all aircraft arcade (google it)

Sharpe26
10-19-2008, 10:05 AM
I did some checking of my own. To get this to work properly you'd probably have to install sound mod 0.93 then replace the sounds in it by the ones he has.

F0_Dark_P
10-19-2008, 10:13 AM
Nice!, thanx for sharing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Stingray333
10-19-2008, 11:58 AM
wow, the graphics in that video look great. It looks to me like he has the plane shine mod going, anything else?

Stingray

victor51
10-19-2008, 10:34 PM

This JAFA guy has outdone himself its just simply amazing the sounds he's mixed. Ive got them and its a whole new game! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've gotta agree, this has increased my enjoyment of the game greatly. My Merlins sound absolutely outstanding. BIG thanks to JAFA.

Swivet
10-20-2008, 12:14 AM
The only thing i noticed is that the engine sounds are a bit loud and you cant hear the guns firing in some of the AC like the A20 i noticed, but that can be rectified by manually adjusting each .wav file so you boost it 25% in windows sound recorder and saving it. Otherwise great sounds and the video is excellent.

Freiwillige
10-20-2008, 02:38 AM
Ive found the same thing. I dont think that the engines are too loud, I think the guns are too quiet. And being that JAFA didnt do the guns you just have too turn them up yourself.

VMF-214_HaVoK
10-20-2008, 03:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Swivet:
The only thing i noticed is that the engine sounds are a bit loud and you cant hear the guns firing in some of the AC like the A20, but that can be rectified by manually adjusting each .wav file and saving it. Otherwise great sounds and the video is excellent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can still hear my guns firing. Although loudness is personal taste, I do recall reading many pilots saying their engines are so loud you could not hear your own guns fire.

These are the best engine sounds I have used thus far. Finally the Wildcat sounds like a war machine and not a lawnmower! Even with all the sound mods I have tried some planes still sounded weak but not now.

S!

VMF-214_HaVoK
10-20-2008, 03:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stingray333:
wow, the graphics in that video look great. It looks to me like he has the plane shine mod going, anything else?

Stingray </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is how they should look. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif What settings you running?

VMF-214_HaVoK
10-20-2008, 03:25 PM

Special Effects Pack
V 0.1
Included next mods
-Flaks by buffy
-Explosion by vpmedia
-Craters by Bee
V 0.2
Added next mods
-Oil Blotch by Avala

Dont forget to grab all the cockpit repaints available!

M2morris
10-20-2008, 08:06 PM

This JAFA guy has outdone himself its just simply amazing the sounds he's mixed. Ive got them and its a whole new game! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I liked that movie.
Bee-a-utiful.
Kept me intertained.

thummmzzup

TX-EcoDragon
10-20-2008, 08:08 PM
I've yet to see a sound mod that sounds decent from inside the airplane. . .if I ever flew with externals on I might like the mods - but I don't.

That is a really cool video though. . .it seems the doppler effects are a little overdone, but it's pretty cool otherwise.

WTE_Galway
10-20-2008, 08:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TX-EcoDragon:
I've yet to see a sound mod that sounds decent from inside the airplane. . .if I ever flew with externals on I might like the mods - but I don't.

That is a really cool video though. . .it seems the doppler effects are a little overdone, but it's pretty cool otherwise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah often it seems like what people tend to see as "realistic" is the sound you get from outside the aircraft http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

same with weathering, punters tend to expect to see obvious weathering from distances that are quite unrealistic

but in the end you are not recreating reality you are trying to create immersion and the sense of reality and if that is achieved through outside sounds and heavy weathering then thats what you need to do

VMF-214_HaVoK
10-20-2008, 08:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TX-EcoDragon:

That is a really cool video though. . .it seems the doppler effects are a little overdone, but it's pretty cool otherwise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it sounds fantastic from inside the pit. Certainly sounds better then default!

S!

montecristo1981
10-21-2008, 10:36 AM
I downloaded the Unified Installer, its has new sounds. Are these the same ones?

idonno
10-21-2008, 11:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WTE_Galway:
...but in the end you are not recreating reality you are trying to create immersion and the sense of reality and if that is achieved through outside sounds and heavy weathering then thats what you need to do </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree. Recreate reality, then help the masses to understand their misconceptions.

idonno
10-21-2008, 11:37 AM
Anybody know where I can download that movie?

TX-EcoDragon
10-21-2008, 01:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:

I think it sounds fantastic from inside the pit. Certainly sounds better then default!

S! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I should have mentioned that I haven't tried the one in the video yet, perhaps it's better. . . I'll give it a look.

The ones I have tried all are based on external sounds that a spectator might hear, and not what a pilot would hear. The most obvious to me is that they have reduced slipstream and prop tip noise, and it's nearly impossible to hear any buffeting. . .this is most obvious when at flight idle where it sounds like ground idle at 800 RPM. ****** the throttle at 500 mph and it sounds quieter than a glider at 50. . .and with no slipstream or buffeting sounds, a large part of the auditory cues that the default sounds provide when at the edges of the envelope is also largely missing and all the emphasis is placed on engine note - which sadly is not the predominant sound you hear when in the cockpit, especially when loading up the airframe with a few G, when at higher speeds, or when at high AoA. Anytime induced or parasitic drag changes, you'll hear that - the engine sound is primarily prop tip roar and not the sounds that an airshow fan would recognize from their experience with flybys.

I'm not saying I'm happy with the default sounds - but the sounds mods I've tried so far haven't been an improvement overall since most of the sounds we actually DO hear, and do rely on in flight are lessened in the mods I've tried. . .i.e., they are a step backwards. I can't imagine that it's difficult to fix this though. . .clearly the people doing these are quite talented.

M_Gunz
10-21-2008, 09:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by idonno:
Anybody know where I can download that movie? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get Firefox and then the Download Helper plugin, most all of Youtube becomes downloadable.

M_Gunz
10-21-2008, 09:55 PM
I can't imagine that it's difficult to fix this though. . .clearly the people doing these are quite talented. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the game engine doesn't play such sounds then there's no mod that can change them.

WOLFMondo
10-22-2008, 05:55 AM
That is fricken awesome!

I must get that sound pack when I finish work!

TX-EcoDragon
10-22-2008, 02:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M_Gunz:
I can't imagine that it's difficult to fix this though. . .clearly the people doing these are quite talented. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the game engine doesn't play such sounds then there's no mod that can change them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The game engine does. . .not wonderfully, but it does.

M_Gunz
10-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Ah ha! You may have to set up an account over at AAA to guide efforts along to a correct result
seeing as you have the experience that many do not.

SeaFireLIV
10-22-2008, 04:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by idonno:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WTE_Galway:
...but in the end you are not recreating reality you are trying to create immersion and the sense of reality and if that is achieved through outside sounds and heavy weathering then thats what you need to do </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree. Recreate reality, then help the masses to understand their misconceptions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, and knowing that something is recreated realistically makes it more immersive, even if it may not sound or look quite as exciting. I`d rather have an aircraft sound like the REAL thing, even if it didn`t sound as exciting as the made-up one.

I`ve seen people swear that sub-machine guns throw people backwards due to the force cos they saw it in a movie. Many of them find it hard to believe that when a person is shot he simple falls, straight down. The bullet does NOT carry him. Not as exciting as flying through the air, but real. I`ve played modded games where this is changed to be realistic and it`s way more immersive because you know it happens this way in reality.

Freiwillige
10-22-2008, 04:34 PM
You can only get these sounds on the you tube page the movie is on. on the top right there is a link to download. You cannot get these over at AAA but you must have AAA's sound mod first as these new sounds overwrite the sounds of the aircraft in the movie, not all aircraft. I recommend sound mod 0.93

idonno
10-22-2008, 04:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M_Gunz:
Anybody know where I can download that movie? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get Firefox and then the Download Helper plugin, most all of Youtube becomes downloadable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But would that be full resolution, or would it look the same as it does on YouTube?

b2spirita
10-22-2008, 04:49 PM
When i use it, its usually the same or slightly worse than the tube.