PDA

View Full Version : When will be DRM cracked? [POLL]

wapikas
02-22-2010, 03:12 AM
I have seen lot of angry discussions about ubisofts DRM and I find that it is actually pointless. Ubisoft has decided to implement this new DRM to all upcoming games even if great number of this forums users are threatening not to buy PC games from Ubisoft anymore. I believe that anyone who loves the game will buy it regardless to its anti piracy features and Ubisoft will make everything that is possible to please the paying customers (updates, patches, DLC, save data backup, and so on..) and like really, if you can afford to yourself a gaming PC then you can probably afford working internet connection. But like we know, nothing is uncrackable, and AC2 DRM feature will be probably cracked soon, or not?

wapikas
02-22-2010, 03:12 AM
I have seen lot of angry discussions about ubisofts DRM and I find that it is actually pointless. Ubisoft has decided to implement this new DRM to all upcoming games even if great number of this forums users are threatening not to buy PC games from Ubisoft anymore. I believe that anyone who loves the game will buy it regardless to its anti piracy features and Ubisoft will make everything that is possible to please the paying customers (updates, patches, DLC, save data backup, and so on..) and like really, if you can afford to yourself a gaming PC then you can probably afford working internet connection. But like we know, nothing is uncrackable, and AC2 DRM feature will be probably cracked soon, or not?

adarwinter
02-22-2010, 06:26 AM
i assume i will only buy the game AFTER its cracked.

i think it will either take over a week or never. the system sounds pretty solid.

sadly if it IS solid than i will no longer buy ANY software that uses it....

rutix
02-22-2010, 06:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adarwinter:

i think it will either take over a week or never. the system sounds pretty solid.

sadly if it IS solid than i will no longer buy ANY software that uses it.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
For the good cracking teams this wont really be impossible. I myself have some idea's how to bypass it &gt;.&gt;

albiole
02-22-2010, 06:43 AM
woooo you guys support piracy!

this should be closed!

and never say never

adarwinter
02-22-2010, 06:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rutix:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adarwinter:

sadly if it IS solid than i will no longer buy ANY software that uses it.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
For the good cracking teams this wont really be impossible. I myself have some idea's how to bypass it &gt;.&gt; </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
im quoting myself here from another thread:
... i wouldnt be surprised if the save files are encrypted and can be decrypted only at ubisoft's servers so saving offline (if somehow it'd be possible) won't help either."

it seems logical that the game saves on ubisoft's servers so it can be modified somehow. like online activision - files are being modified after they connect to the game's servers. if i was the evil ppl at ubisoft i would make it so once the game saves, it transferes the saves to the ubisoft servers and then in those servers the file is being modified in a way that is only known to the ppl at ubisoft and can only be done on ubisoft servers so when u load the game only the ubisoft servers can make the save file useable and load-able to the game.
i guess that the connection to the ubisoft servers is essential to play the game and load the saves.

i wouldnt be surprised at all if it isnt crackable.

Windrius
02-22-2010, 07:05 AM
1. FAIL!! MODS SAID LOTS OF TIME NOT TO POST ANYTHING RELATED TO PIRACY.

2. I'd give 1 hour after some cracker team get the game.